Has anyone ever mixed a one night stay and a package?

rotlex

Is it summer yet?
Good day all! I have a question that has been troubling me since booking our vacation a few weeks ago. We are going the last week of August to take advantage of the free dining. (Can't wait)!!!!!! The package we booked runs Sunday the 26th through the 31st, and as all know, the free dining starts on the 26th. No problems or questions there. However........we decided we want to arrive on Saturday and get an extra day out of the trip. (Also, saving 50% on the airline due to this). :thumbsup2 We are staying at CBR and are booked for a one day stay on Saturday the 25th, then the "package" starts on Sunday. When I set all this up, the customer service rep assured me there would be no issues, and that I would MOST LIKELY not have to switch rooms come Sunday morning. We will have to check out and back in again to get our new keys with the park tickets and dining of course.

Anyway, has anyone ever done this and had any problems staying in the same room? The rep told me they can usually do this without issue, but to call CBR 3 days before arrival with my info and make them aware of it as well. Anyone? Need a little reassurance as I really hate the thought of having to change rooms, and even worse, having to wait until 3pm again to check back in, LOL.

Thanks!

I've done it several times - most importantly let them know or remind them at check in.

Liz

I've done it several times - most importantly let them know or remind them at check in.

Liz

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing regarding check in. I guess I'll seem paranoid to them, but I'll call before we leave, remind them at check in, and remind them again before we go to bed the first night, hehe. :lmao:

I just did this last week!!

We had booked and paid for a package for a week's stay at CBR. All done, or so we thought. The problem was, my mental plans really called for one more day to fit in all we wanted to:lmao: .....so I called and asked if I could just book a single night, told the CM the night I wanted (at the end of our trip), thankfully they had room and weren't totally booked. I told him I didn't need to add to DDP or any tickets, just an extra night. He told me to infomr the front desk when I arrived that I would also be technically checking out and back in at the end of the week....that way we wouldn't have to change rooms and go through any hassle. :thumbsup2

We've done this a couple of times with no problem at all. In fact CMs always tell me they prefer it if you don't change rooms. A reminder at check in is all it takes. Go early morning on the 26th and do your check-in/check-out.

It's very common, I've never heard of anyone having to change rooms. Make sure to have your reservations linked by DRC.

Thanks again for all the replies on this folks. Yeah, I'm a little paranoid, LOL. I did call back the other day and spoke with a wonderful CM that supposedly made tons of notes on both of my reservations regarding this.

I'm feeling better now! :goodvibes

I have done this before when I added two nights on to a stay. We did not have to change rooms but we did have to go to the front desk and check out and check back in. The front desk called to remind us to do this and they issued new key cards. Make sure that you check and make sure your park tickets, dining, charging privileges etc......are put on your new cards.

We did this last year. I did mention the situation to the CM upon check in and she told me to just call the front desk the night before to confirm everything and they would have someone bring to the room the new keys in the morning. We didn't have to go to the front desk and checkout checkin and we were able to stay in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter