• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever heard of this?

It is not quite midnight. It is more like 10:30PM. It is not chocolate, it is a dessert buffet. There is a lot of chocolate there (including a fountain) but there are more cakes than anything. A lot of the chocolate is for show (unless you go and rip the head of Mickey off):lmao:. It is WONDERFUL if you are a sweets person. It is only on the longer cruises (7 plus nights). It is held in Luminers/Tritons.:goodvibes

I was on the Wonder last month and they had the dessert buffet on night 6 in Triton's. I believe it was around 11ish.

I just got off of the Wonder yesterday and they had the dessert/chocolate buffet in Tritons on Sunday at 11:15pm. They dont really advertise it in the Navigator. Our head server told us about it. It was in the Navigator but on the back page with the dining times in very small print.

Go in, look at all the pretty cakes (that don't taste very good). Dip some strawberries and marshmellows into the chocolate fountain and go to bed! :lmao:

I just got off of the Wonder yesterday and they had the dessert/chocolate buffet in Tritons on Sunday at 11:15pm. They dont really advertise it in the Navigator. Our head server told us about it. It was in the Navigator but on the back page with the dining times in very small print.

We were on your cruise and I barely knew about it too.

Plan to line up outside the dining room about 20-30 minutes in advance if you want some good photo ops of the buffet. After the buffet has been open it gets pretty destroyed. Best photo ops are when it first opens.

MJ

Disney Wonder, Alaska, May 2011

Because, well, you know, we hadn't seen food all week long :rotfl:

IMG_5262.jpg

Gorgeous. Impressive. Fun.

IMG_5263.jpg

CHOCOLATE!!!

IMG_5290.jpg

- Dreams

Great pictures. It looks like there are servers at the buffet. Is this right? So guests can’t handle the desserts (I hope)? Buffets can get pretty nasty with everybody handling food. We’ve seen kids playing in the food buffets in Las Vegas. Gross!

Yes, you grab a plate, and then you tell the servers what you want, they cut it for you and put it on your plate.

Some small stuff, like cookies or pralines or so you can usually take yourself.

As for the chocolate figures which are only for show, you wouldn't like to try those, they are colored wax over styrofoam cores. :-)

As for the chocolate figures which are only for show, you wouldn't like to try those, they are colored wax over styrofoam cores. :-)[/QUOTE]

I guess this would work if on a diet.:rotfl2:

We were on the Wonder and they did a dessert buffet at 11:30 PM at Lumieres. I don't remember servers though. I got a couple of slices of things that looked liked cheesecake, but ended up being some sort of mousse thing. My son got I think a dozen different deserts and ate almost all of them.

We totally missed it on our 7-day cruise. Not on the Navigator. But it did indeed happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter