Has anyone ever heard of this?..Kinda long

belle and woody fans

Mouseketeer
I am booked at the Wilderness Lodge for August 19-26, standard view. I am so nervous that my husband will not like it and not want to come back.(He has done this before at Myrtle Beach. I had to go and ask for a full refund because he did not like our room...) anyway, I called Disney yesterday to upgrade to a woods room. The CRO I spoke with said I see you are in a standard room. I said, yes I'd like to upgrade to a woodsview please. She said, sorry, no woods view. I was shocked. She said, Oh don't worry, you will get a nice view of the pool. I said, "with standard view?" she said, "Don't worry, you'll have a nice view." I figured she may have been mistaken about the views so I just put in a request for a north wing room, as high as we could get. Then she told me, "That's good because they give out rooms with requests first. You'll be very happy with your room."

Anyway, as soon as I got off of the phone with her, I checked Disney's website and there were woods view and courtyard rooms available.

I just wanted to know if the phone reservation people have control over upgrades or if she was a little lost. I don't want to get my hopes up about an upgrade! :confused:

I am not sure how to answer your question, but if you don't get the answer that made you certain, call back again, and again until you figure it out.

I am not sure how anyone could not be happy with WL. Perhaps check out the WL Info Thread here.

belle and woody fans said:
I am booked at the Wilderness Lodge for August 19-26, standard view. I am so nervous that my husband will not like it and not want to come back.(He has done this before at Myrtle Beach. I had to go and ask for a full refund because he did not like our room...) anyway, I called Disney yesterday to upgrade to a woods room. The CRO I spoke with said I see you are in a standard room. I said, yes I'd like to upgrade to a woodsview please. She said, sorry, no woods view. I was shocked. She said, Oh don't worry, you will get a nice view of the pool. I said, "with standard view?" she said, "Don't worry, you'll have a nice view." I figured she may have been mistaken about the views so I just put in a request for a north wing room, as high as we could get. Then she told me, "That's good because they give out rooms with requests first. You'll be very happy with your room."

Anyway, as soon as I got off of the phone with her, I checked Disney's website and there were woods view and courtyard rooms available.

You can always try again too, for some reason if you get another cast member you get different information. I myself stayed at Wilderness lodge and I should have asked for another room. where I was I was very disappointed, our room faced a cement wall. We also felt like we were in the movie "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson, the hallways are long and just a bunch of doors. I enjoyed the shop and the lobby and Whispering Canyon is alot of fun especially at breakfast. We have put in special requests for rooms and been very lucky with them being fulfilled, call 3 days before your trip , because that is when we are told that they assign the rooms. good luck I hope I was of assistance.. :wave2:

I'm stay at the WL Aug 18-25. At first I too booked a standard room and then had second thoughts and upgraded to a woodsview. Why?. I really wanted my boys to have bunk beds and I know some of the views overlooked service areas and parking lots. Last time we statyed the rooms right below us were stanard and were attached to the roof of the bus walkway. Not a nice view. If I were you I would upgrade to a woodsview. My husband too was not a huge disney fan but even he was impressed by the hotel. Have fun, maybe I'll see you at the pool.

I have read before that sometimes a certain resort or room type is available online but not over the phone, or vice versa. Not sure why though?

bigbabyblues said:
I have read before that sometimes a certain resort or room type is available online but not over the phone, or vice versa. Not sure why though?

We were told by someone at cr that they pool a certain amount of rooms for the phone reservations and a certain amount for the web site.

Our last WDW resort stay was at WL, three ago this coming August. (We need to stay as guests again!)
I booked a last minute long weekend trip on a postcard rate. It was cheap! I think it was $109 a night for a standard room.
For that price I was expecting a room over the loading dock -- and would have been happy! :lmao:
That trip was for our wedding anniversary. And I did mention that at booking.
We were upgraded for free at the check in desk. Whether they had the room, or because it was our anniversary, or both I don't know.
But we went from standard to courtyard view, overlooking the pool area. It was a handicap room, and maybe we were assigned there just to book a hole. But that was great as we had what seemed like more room.
I think it would be hard not to be pleased with WL!
Enjoy! :love: :cheer2:

OP: Have you or your DH ever walked into the WL???

Let me tell you, the MINUTE you all walk into THAT Lobby of the WL, you will be THRILLED. My family absolutely LOVES the WL. Starting with the Lobby and working your way around the ENTIRE WL is fabulous. Your DH will NOT be disappointed. AND you will be all smiles as he is all smiles. :teeth:

That said: We have stayed twice. I know you said no woods view left...okay
BOTH times we had the "COURTYARD" pool view. Once on 6th Floor and one time Conceirge level. AWESOME!!! Call and see if you can get the Courtyard Pool View. We could see the GEYSER as well as the Electrical Boat Parade (I am not exactly sure what that parade is called) but every night around 9 or 10pm this boat parade goes throughout the Lagoon all LITE UP!!! :teeth:

AND like the other Poster said about the "upgrade"...when we checked in the second time we were there, I simply asked the CM if they did anything special for someone having a bday while staying at the WL!!! CM immediately UPGRADED us to Conceirge Level....A W E S O M E!!!!!!!! We were thrilled. :teeth:

So always ask for upgrades (this goes for any hotel on any trip in any city or state you may be in)!!! :teeth:

BTW OP: We recently stayed in MB and we did not really care for it at all????
JMHO!!! :rolleyes:

Most people love WL..walking into the lobby and seeing the huge totem poles up to the Concierge level is breathtaking! babbling brook with wooden bridge in the lobby also...take him outside to see the geyser go off on the hour...take the boat to MK and/or FT. Wildnerness (Hoop de Doo revue or Mickey' s Backyard BBQ, horseback riding)

If you are that set on changing to a woods view...call and ask for that to be notated on your ressie.....

Hopefully your DH will love it (whatever room you wind up in), I'm sure you will! Tell him it's a vacation for both of you and as long as you are there or anywhere together it's great! If he doesn't, my suggestion to you is have him plan and book the next vacation!

belle and woody fans said:

I just wanted to know if the phone reservation people have control over upgrades or if she was a little lost. I don't want to get my hopes up about an upgrade! :confused:

Do you have the free dining offer? If so, there may not be Woods view rooms available under the special, even if there are rooms available in the general inventory. Special offers typically have just a limited number of rooms available in each category.

i hope you wind up with a good view. i think we are the only family to ever dislike WL. we stayed there in 2002. we booked a standard room and had a lovely view of the loading dock and garbage bins. the smallest terrace i have ever seen was unuasable. we asked to be moved. the resort was not at capacity. we were told they would check into a move. we are still waiting to see if we got one.
we didn't care if we had a view of the parking lot. we just didn't want the garbage bins.
we have stayed on disney property about 15 times and will never stay there again. i would strongly recommend AKL. just my opinion. again, good luck

I swear! The things we do and go over and beyond to keep them happy! We are coming in December to OKW and I chose a studio room- because of the price but because it is a quietier resort, we live in the country and crowds and noise especially in a "hotel" setting makes my husband nervous. Funny, it doesn't bother him in places you would EXPECT crowds :confused3
Anyways, I too want everything so perfect that I am on this site and others everyday making out a list of things that my husband and kids would enjoy. And once we get there I'll have my list but I WILL LET THINGS go with the flow, that way I won't be a manic and not enjoy the family time and a VERY EXPENSIVE vacation. AND he complains at least once a week that I am obsessed with Disney- what's it to him? I'm paying for the trip plus doing all the planning and mapping everything out...if it was left up to him, we would be in debt, and get there and not know where to go and what to do till the last day! MEN!!! :rotfl2: :cheer2: Maybe after the trip, he'll say, WOW can't wait to come back! That would be the pixie dust of them all!!! :wizard:

If I was put in a bathroom at the WL I'd be thrilled! lol :rotfl2:
I don't see how anyone could NOT like the WL! It's my absolute favorite.

At Myrtle Beach, were you happy with the room? If so, why did oyu have to ask for a refund??

See, I'd have told my DH to deal with his issue if it was his issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter