• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever gotten a refund for unused dining plan?

I'm also sorry for your loss, and pleased to hear that Disney refunded the cost.

However, for others reading the thread, this was a "nice thing" that Disney did, and in no way something that they *had* to do. This is exactly what trip insurance is for. If you have a pre-paid package of even modest cost, it is well worth the peace of mind to buy trip insurance to recover losses due to unforseen circumstances. For what it's worth, Disney's trip insurance is probably not the best possible value---mousesavers has good information on alternate suppliers.

If you don't purchase trip insurance, you need to be willing to accept that anything you pay in advance, that is non-refundable, is not going to be refunded no matter what happens.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone have recommendations on a company that provides trip insurance? Thanks!!!

I just wanted to give the final chapter to our story. I checked my credit card statement online today. We did receive our $686 refund from Disney for our 4 nights of unused dining plan credits (for 4 adults).

Our trip was Dec. 25-28 (we were originally supposed to stay through Jan. 4). I first contacted Disney approximately Jan. 10, so this only took less than 3 weeks total to completely get resolved (pretty good for a company the size of Disney!!!).

I have to say this makes me love Disney even more. :love:

They really stepped up for our family, even when they were not required to by any means.

Thanks everyone for your support as we went through this!

In December, of our 10 night stay, we were sick for 5 of the days - which was ok, lay by the pool and let the kids swim all day - they loved it. But, we ended up with 23 CS leftover. My wife casually mentioned it the night before we were checking out to the BCV manager.

They ended up deducting $200 off the bill. We were expecting nothing. Gotta love that type of customer service

Disney's surely a world-class operation. We cannot expect that everyone will experience such generosity, but we have seen that kind of pixie dust very often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter