Has anyone ever bought a timeshare off ebay? Would you? Why/why not?

I don't like ebay or timeshares, so no, never! I used to buy off ebay till I read about all the people getting ripped off.

no, I wouldn't buy a timeshare because most financial advisors advise against it.

I also know about 3 people who played the Timeshare game and ended up really regretting it.

Timeshares are a complete waste of money, IMO. Not only do you have the cost of the Timeshare, but you have other fees too. I know alot of people down here that have gotten burned bad.

momof3disneyholics said:
Timeshares are a complete waste of money, IMO. Not only do you have the cost of the Timeshare, but you have other fees too. I know alot of people down here that have gotten burned bad.

I dare you to take this to the DVC forum :rotfl: :rotfl:

IMHO, eBay is not the place to purchase automobiles, real estate, timeshares, diamond jewelry, or vacation packages.

So, no. I would not purchase a timeshare on eBay.

If you have your heart set on one, next time you are in Orlando go by one of the Timeshare resale places. You can probably get a good deal there.

My brother bought 2 timeshares off ebay. One in Panama City, which he never went to but used for trades. He sold that one and made a few hundred on it. He just bought a week in Vegas off e-bay. For us, timeshares are the only way to vacation. If you are looking to buy, I suggest buying resale and buying into a place you wont mind going back to every year.

Why would anyone buy a timeshare when you can get weeks off RedWeek, Skyauction VRBO etc for the cost of the maintenence fees most times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter