Has anyone ever been seasick the WHOLE time?

Bands and Bonine are in the meds section of any grocery store. I got mine at WM.

I was worried about my kids and brought meds for them too but they did not have a problem one time! Thank goodness.

We were on deck 7 aft, I was on the Wonder the same time as Jenn and the last night was pretty rough. We definitely felt the boat rocking but with the Bonine I didn't have any sickness. I also had adult beverages while taking the Bonine, and didn't have any problem with that either.

Chipanddalenuts..... I took the Bonine AND had adult beverages (plenty of them) and I had no problems. Everyone is different though. I had heard that Bonine was the better choice if you did intend to have a few drinks.

On my second cruise, we were on the outer edge of Hurricane Michelle. The waves were really high the first night. I brought the regular Dramamine thinking my hubby might use it. He sometimes gets motion sickness. He was fine...I was not! I took the regular stuff and perked up within 30 minutes. I ran out a couple of days later and tried the Bonine they give free at the clinic. It didn't work for me. So I bought a few regular ones on the ship and was fine again. Our third cruise I took 2 regular ones before we left Port Canaveral. By dinner, I was snoring in my salad! Now THAT was funny! I didn't need any that time, and I don't think I'll need any this time, but I always bring it. (It's actually for the dog. He gets car sick.)

I have heard that it is an ocular disturbance. So if you wear glasses or contacts, it may be worse for those that do. I have also heard that if you keep something in your stomach at all times, that helps too. It's those darn stomach juices that slosh around making you sick. ;)

Interestingly enough, my hubby didn't get sick but complained all 3 times about being wobbly after getting back on land. I have never had that problem.

Alas, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which problems bother what people.

Originally posted by First Time DCL
I read all the posts, and have now made the decision to get seasick medication. Where can I get Bonine? Where can I get the seasick bands? Thanks!!!

I found the sea bands at Target. Ask the pharmacist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter