Has anyone else ever been fired from Pinecone?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Hedy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Or am I just special? :laughing: :confused:
    I haven't gotten an e-mail from them in a while, I e-mailed them and was informed that my household's account was purged to keep their membership current.
    I've never heard of this before, and frankly, I'm a little irked no one told me. I'll miss Pinecone surveys. :(

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneefun

Disneefun DIS Veteran

When you were given the chance to "downgrade" to $3/per survey, did you take it? If not, I wonder if you were purged for being too "expensive." :rotfl2:

Maybe your demographics no longer match what they need -- like you aged into an age bracket they don't get much call for? (Darn that getting older!) Or, if you went a while without answering their invites (out of town, busy with other things) they assumed you were no longer interested? I have heard of that happening. I guess you could ask why you were purged.

Bummer, though. Sorry. :sad1:

4. ajk912

ajk912 <font color=purple>Dum..dum...dum...we are in the

I agree, I think they were forcing everyone to "choose" the $3 surveys otherwise you would be fired. Stinks, though! Don't feel bad, unless I aged out (is 30 aging out? :confused3 ) I haven't had anything in months.

5. Hgpolly

Hgpolly Earning My Ears

I was working for Pinecone about 5 years ago and one day out of the blue I was sent an email that I was no longer needed and i never got any explanation :(. It stinks I loved doing surveys and getting paid, since then I have yet to find any other surveys like that.

6. hinodis

hinodis DIS Veteran

I am currently testing a product for them.

7. penn19

penn19 DIS Veteran

A few months ago I told Pinecone that I wanted to stay at the $5 surveys. I was doing ok with it, still getting them every so often. But today I received a "survey" basically saying that they were kicking me out unless I took the $3. Really kind of stinks because I have been with them forever. There is no loyalty..........

8. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

I bet that's it, I was a $5er.
    stinks though. Oh well, at least I have SR and Mysurvey...haven't been doing Lightspeed or Your2cents as much as I was sick of not qualifying.

9. CrazyforBuzz&Woody

CrazyforBuzz&Woody Earning My Ears

I'm also currently testing a product for them. I'm in the "30 something" group... but I've only been a member since April. popcorn::

10. wshupnastar

wshupnastar Mouseketeer

I too was "fired". Not sure if it was the $5 vs $3 thing...or if it was because I was simply too busy to answer every survey immediately. Honestly, I think it was the latter. Due to some personal circumstances, I wasn't spending as much time on the computer. One day the surveys just stopped coming. Not that I care too much...I was spending way too much time on the computer (she says as she sits browsing the Dis ;) )

11. ptcruisermom

ptcruisermom Mouseketeer

When I was first presented with the option to stay at the $5 or go to the $3, I chose to stay with the $5. Right after that I bet I got two survey's in a row to do for the $5, and even a product to test for the $5. Well about a week ago I got an email stating I either had to take the $3 or basically be fired. So I took the $3 rather than be fired. I never did a whole lot but the occasional survey and product test was nice. Oh and I'm 49:scared1:

12. Momto3Girls&Max

Momto3Girls&Max DIS Veteran

DH was fired too! :lmao: :lmao: He refused to take the "enroll in a sweepstakes" offer vs. payment for surveys. Oh well!

13. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

LOL I was "fired" this morning in a survey because my panel was no longer needed, but guess what there's room on thier NEW panel that pays $3 and enters you in the weekly drawing. I was one of the $5 panelists who did not switch a few weeks ago. They could have saved everyone a lot of trouble and just said "look we're not going to pay $5 anymore here's the new incentive plan". I switched but I'm not sure I'm going to last, but it was funny.

14. mnasmom3

mnasmom3 <font color=darkorchid>Dear mnasmom3,<br>You are n

I bet I was fired, too! I haven't heard from them in ages. I actually never even gave it any thought until I saw this thread. Shows how much I cared about Pinecone, I guess. :rotfl2: I don't recall getting an email about the $5/$3 thing, so I'm betting they purged me then for failing to reply. I guess I might have deleted that email accidentally. I honestly don't recall getting one. Or maybe I was fired before that? :confused3 Maybe I should email them for employment confirmation. :rotfl:

15. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Add me to the list. I was fired too. I was one of the $5 people. I don't think it was worth it for $3.

16. Forevryoung

Forevryoung DIS Veteran

I was a $5 person too- for 4 years or so. When they started getting cheap, they stopped sending me emails. Just one day didn't get any more.

I was so sad. It was the one survey program that I would do- take a survey, get a $5 check. There was no "pre-screening" or anything lengthy prior to the survey.

I think about it every once in awhile and I do miss it!

17. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

yeah, I got kicked off today too. They did give me a chance to stay on for $3 per survey....NO!!!

18. SILLYANDI

SILLYANDI DIS Veteran

I may have got the $5/$3 thing but the e-mails from them are always so wordy that I just click on the links

19. patsal

patsal <font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to

It may have to do with teh $3.00 I think it is everyone at $3.00 or you get the boot now. Not happy :sad2: I've been with them a very long time (even before they were known as pinecone)

20. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

How many surveys do you get in a typical month?

If it is a lot, then $3 isn't bad. But if it is once or twice a month, what's the point?

How much in an average month do you guys make from Pinecone?

21. ajk912

ajk912 <font color=purple>Dum..dum...dum...we are in the

I think my best month was about $18. That was the first month or two, and then it tapered to nothing. I was in the $3 tier from the get go.