Has anyone else been told to keep their reservation?

Balance is due next week on my 5/30 stay at WDW.

It's pretty much a certainty WDW will be closed and even if opened would have severe restrictions and limitations so no chance I would go.

Surprised they are not giving any guidance/updates so can only assume they want the money and will hold on to it when cancelled for additional period before refunding.

So when I cancel, I assume as I'm canceling I lose the $200 deposit or are the refunding the deposits?

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

Why even post when it is speculation by a CM. They know nothing. Only way to know exactly when Disney opening and changes is when Disney officially announces.Yes you are posting what a CM told you but it is just rumor- not based on Disney official announcement. This type of post gets people all worked up about whether they should cancel or rebook.Or book a trip

Unless Disney makes official statement nothing can be verified as true and what this CM stated to you should be ignored as gossip.

Why even post when it is speculation by a CM. They know nothing. Only way to know exactly when Disney opening and changes is when Disney officially announces.Yes you are posting what a CM told you but it is just rumor- not based on Disney official announcement. This type of post gets people all worked up about whether they should cancel or rebook.Or book a trip

Unless Disney makes official statement nothing can be verified as true and what this CM stated to you should be ignored as gossip.

I respectfully disagree. While I do agree it certainly isn’t official word, the CM could have made it all up, etc. It is certainly possible Disney is throwing out test balloons and checking places like this board to see what reaction is. If that doesn’t seem believable, it’s possible at the very least Disney has an eye here to see what people are saying and thinking so if they see that and reactions they may take it as feedback. Even if THAT seems outside of reality it’s certainly reasonable to post what a CM told them which is what the poster did. That would likely cause others posters to call in and ask for confirmation, which they could relay responses to the boards.

I do think it’s certainly wise for people to make no travel plan changes based on that info of course so if you’re suggesting everyone calm down and don’t panic cancel I definitely get that angle.

NEVER have i said this was any kind of confirmed data from WDW. I was posting what the CM told me in my call yesterday. If you don't want to read my posts then don't. I am one of the people who would like to know if and when I should cancel my trip. And, I know what I posted was true as far as what he said.

I guess trying to be helpful with ANY direct news (and this CM works for DVC and was direct from him) will always get backlash. I'm sorry that I had to cancel. I have read and heard many rumors but I was still holding on to hope that my trip was still a go. The detailed information from this CM about only MK being open was the deciding factor.

There is no reason to be negative to someone who is only posting their experience. I have not told anyone to cancel their trip, reschedule their trip, or anything of the kind. I posted MY EXPERIENCE.

take care.

It's pretty much a certainty WDW will be closed and even if opened would have severe restrictions and limitations so no chance I would go.

Surprised they are not giving any guidance/updates so can only assume they want the money and will hold on to it when cancelled for additional period before refunding.

So when I cancel, I assume as I'm canceling I lose the $200 deposit or are the refunding the deposits?
If I were you, I would call. But, If the resort is closed then they should refund all your money. I have not heard that they are withholding the deposit. It will take several days to post to your account.

I respectfully disagree. While I do agree it certainly isn’t official word, the CM could have made it all up, etc. It is certainly possible Disney is throwing out test balloons and checking places like this board to see what reaction is. If that doesn’t seem believable, it’s possible at the very least Disney has an eye here to see what people are saying and thinking so if they see that and reactions they may take it as feedback. Even if THAT seems outside of reality it’s certainly reasonable to post what a CM told them which is what the poster did. That would likely cause others posters to call in and ask for confirmation, which they could relay responses to the boards.

I do think it’s certainly wise for people to make no travel plan changes based on that info of course so if you’re suggesting everyone calm down and don’t panic cancel I definitely get that angle.

Yes. I am glad you see that I was only relaying my experience. I really hope the parks open. I hope that I jumped the gun and everything is back to normal. If the all the parks and resorts are open then I will kick myself in the behind. But, if the CM I spoke with had new information that he was sharing, then I am glad that I made the decision to cancel and just wait for my later trips. You don't know how hard it was to cancel my May trip. :(

Yes. I am glad you see that I was only relaying my experience. I really hope the parks open. I hope that I jumped the gun and everything is back to normal. If the all the parks and resorts are open then I will kick myself in the behind. But, if the CM I spoke with had new information that he was sharing, then I am glad that I made the decision to cancel and just wait for my later trips. You don't know how hard it was to cancel my May trip. :(
Yes I am still holding out hope I won’t have to cancel and won’t be happy to do so. I’m sorry you did have to cancel. I’m sure somethings get sort of misconstrued and misinterpreted here and I enjoyed hearing what you heard from CM and I imagine others did as well. Sorry - not enjoyed - was very interested in hearing about it. So thanks for sharing and again sorry that you had to cancel.

So I cancelled my 5/23-5/30 trip last week. The CM on the phone said they had moved the payment deadline to 7 days before the trip. I still canceled (didn’t want to deal with total uncertainty, and there was a free dining rebook promo). My $200 should be refunded in 7-10 business days.

When I called to cancel my 7/3 - 7/8 trip the CM did not attempt to keep my reservation. She handled it politely and efficiently. We will go back, it's just not the right timing for us.

When I called to cancel my 7/3 - 7/8 trip the CM did not attempt to keep my reservation. She handled it politely and efficiently. We will go back, it's just not the right timing for us.
I would say that most CMs are like this, don't ask questions and don't try to convince people to stay, at least that's been my perception all the times I've had to call anyway. If someone wants to cancel let them cancel, it just makes things worse when a CM tries to convince someone to stay claiming the parks will be open only for the company to turn around and go "yeah, about that.......you're gonna need to move your trip again"

CT stay home order has been extended until 5/20...I don't know after that. It is "strongly encouraged" to NOT travel at this time. So, that said, even if we do begin opening some businesses after 5/20 I honestly don't feel our state will be anywhere near operating at full capacity. It all hinges on the Federal guidelines for opening, how soon that happens in relation to our 5/20 date, and the fact that CT is closely coordinated with NY and NJ.

I would say that most CMs are like this, don't ask questions and don't try to convince people to stay, at least that's been my perception all the times I've had to call anyway. If someone wants to cancel let them cancel, it just makes things worse when a CM tries to convince someone to stay claiming the parks will be open only for the company to turn around and go "yeah, about that.......you're gonna need to move your trip again"
Absolutely! I received my deposit refund very quickly too.

I called today about my 5/30 stay, CM had no hard information as most have found, just said that I didn't have to pay balance till 7 days before and expecting more info in coming weeks as FL and industry make decisions on how to open up.

Keeping reservation fully expecting to be canceled just to see what offers they may present for future bookings.

I called today about my 5/30 stay, CM had no hard information as most have found, just said that I didn't have to pay balance till 7 days before and expecting more info in coming weeks as FL and industry make decisions on how to open up.

Keeping reservation fully expecting to be canceled just to see what offers they may present for future bookings.

On the Disney site it says my balance is due 30 days out. I’m afraid not to pay it and have my reservation cancelled, but I would much rather wait. 🤔

On the Disney site it says my balance is due 30 days out. I’m afraid not to pay it and have my reservation cancelled, but I would much rather wait. 🤔
I got reminder email so phoned and they said I have up to 7 days before arriving to pay, if not paid by then they will cancel.

No way...you won't lose money...you'll be refunded the whole amount.

I got reminder email so phoned and they said I have up to 7 days before arriving to pay, if not paid by then they will cancel.

Thanks for the info!

I actually do remember the CM stating a “pay by” date much closer to the reservation date when I booked, but just dismissed it as an error. I guess I will call and check to be sure.

I wonder what the “default” response will be when they open, say 5/31.
will you get cancelled, partial cancel, given the option.
I think default will be full cancel and you will have to reach out to make it a partial if that’s ok

We had November 2020 at POFQ - but with my job being furloughed, our funds are now limited, plus no vaccine yet for COVID-19. We are in our 60's too.
Plus I do not want to wear a mask all day - I would like all the Parks to be open, not just MK.
I would like to do some of the attractions that hold many guests to be open, such as "Be My Guest" and "Indiana Jones".

Bottom line: We are now at Pop Century requesting an upper floor, late April into early May 2021.
I am hoping for a vaccine by then and all attractions and restaurants to be open without wearing a mask :)

Keep in mind the night the closing announcement was made, CM’s on the phone were saying no closing was planned minutes before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter