Has anyone done the Pirate cruise at Carribean Beach Resort?

Dizzy over Disney

Mouseketeer
We are celebrating my son's 7th birthday in Disney in Nov. I saw on the CBR website they do this. Has anyone done it? I also saw that the Grand Floridian does it as well. Can anyone recommend one over the other?

My niece just did this one she is 9 and enjoyed it. She has done the one at the GF and also at the YC she told me this was the BEST!

My son did the cruise last year...he was 7 and really enjoyed it! They come back with a little pack of treasures that they get to keep. Kids love this type of thing! I relaxed by the CBR pool while he was gone! :thumbsup2

I'm sending my kids on the cruise from the Yacht Club. We were there last year when they returned, and it looked like alot of fun!

Do you have to make res. agead of time or can you just wait untill you arrive and then make the res.?:confused3

I don't know if the will still be doing the Haunted Pirate Cruise at the GF in early November or if shut down at Halloween... if they are still doing it, it was preferred by our kids over the CBR. If I"m not mistaken they get a photo of themselves with a pirate and pirate headscarf at the Haunted one I don't remember if they get the headscarf at the CBG but I know they didn't get a photo.

And yes you have to make reservations. They can fill up quickly too so if you want to do it call now.

I would call ahead to make a reservation. It does book up quickly. My son took the cruise from GF. I picked that one becasue they cruised around Bay Lake. My son loved it! He doesn't want to do it again this year though, although he said he "might" change his mind. ;) They got lunch, a pirate/ear headscarf, and a bunch of loot.

my kids did the one at CBR and at POR, they loved CBR cruise. they went out and searched a few of the islands, then had to find the key hidden on the one island ( my dd found the key--yeah!), had there lunch bags, and cruised back to unlock the treasure chest.
POR was not as cool at all, but they had fun. in Sept they are doing the one at Yacht Club. so we will see if CBR is still #1.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was just going to post this same question!

We are thinking about letting our kids do this in January when we go back to CBR!! :goodvibes

Wow, I didn't know they did one from CBR. My girls (then 5 and 7) did the one from the YC a few years ago, and they liked it. I figured they wouldn't want to do a pirate cruise again (especially the now 9-year old), but they saw the group cruising around Crescent Lake on our last visit and they both said they'd like to try to GF one, so I guess we will!.

We have had a stop at CBR the past few times we've come in on ME, and my 9-year old really wants to see that place (but we're DVCers, so it's sort of unlikely). . .maybe I should schedule the Pirate Cruise from there. . . ? What could DH and I do for the few hours they're cruising? Does it leave around 9am also?

Thanks!

Wow, I didn't know they did one from CBR. My girls (then 5 and 7) did the one from the YC a few years ago, and they liked it. I figured they wouldn't want to do a pirate cruise again (especially the now 9-year old), but they saw the group cruising around Crescent Lake on our last visit and they both said they'd like to try to GF one, so I guess we will!.

We have had a stop at CBR the past few times we've come in on ME, and my 9-year old really wants to see that place (but we're DVCers, so it's sort of unlikely). . .maybe I should schedule the Pirate Cruise from there. . . ? What could DH and I do for the few hours they're cruising? Does it leave around 9am also?

Thanks!

I think it is 9:30-11:30am. There would be plenty for you to do and see while they did the cruise at CBR. It is a huge resort. You could walk the grounds or rest on a hammock. Definitely see the island in the center of the resort! I think you can rent bikes and boats from the marina too. And the food court is very big with lots of great choices!

Our two youngest boys did the one at GF last year and loved it. We did the later one. Don't wait to book it though because that's what I did and initially they didn't have two openings together. I checked back a few times and something did open up. With this, if you aren't going to show you have to cancel or you will be charged so people will cancel. Still, i wouldn't take the chance.

DH and I scheduled a massage for the same time . . . . ahhhhh . . . . it was heaven :cloud9: and we were back in time to get them off.

Does anyone know if this is still offered on Tuesday and Sunday at CBR???

AllEars has it listed as both. DIS has it listed as just Tuesdays. . . .

I was told this morning by a CM that the Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure Cruise is on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday! :goodvibes

just to note, they ALL leave at 9:30 AM. When we had booked POR cruise in December, they told us 11:30 and it said that under dining page on here.
we showed up as the cruise was coming back to port. :laughing:

They went above and beyond, though. We were there for a while, so they rebooked us for the next cruise for the kids a few days later, but since we were there and they didn't want us to have wasted our time, they gave us a pontoon boat for an hour for free, plus a few drinks! They were awesome! we took the boat on a ride to DTD!! :thumbsup2 (okay, hijack over!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter