• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done the Dream in February?

dskib

DIS Veteran
I know the weather is iffy, but I was just wondering if anyone who has cruised the Bahamas in Feb could tell me what the temps were like.

Thanks!

We did last year! We were there early February. The weather was nice but it was too windy for us to get into Castaway. That was a slight bummer but it didn't ruin an amazing trip

We did in early February 2012. Nassau and CC were beautiful. Florida was freezing when we diembarked.

We took our tiny grand-princesses on the Dream in February last year. Weather was great! I think you will find that the weather is pretty great year round, with only occasional exceptions. Florida is usually pleasant as well but in winter we can get some chilly weather. We loved it! I've cruised in January on week long cruises at least twice and had lovely weather as well during the cruise though our departure and arrival on one was VERY cold for Florida.

We were on the Fantasy this past February and it was gorgeous at Castaway Cay. The weather wasn't crazy hot in the Bahamas region. It was sweltering in Puerto Rico, but awesome during sea days and Castaway Cay day.

I know the weather is iffy, but I was just wondering if anyone who has cruised the Bahamas in Feb could tell me what the temps were like.

Thanks!

We sailed this past February on the Dream and the previous February on the Fantasy. The weather was definitely better the year we went on the Fantasy. It rained with a gusty wind this past February on the Dream and we did not get off the ship when we docked at Castaway Cay. Lots of people were stuck out in the rain as they attempted to board the ship. The other days were beautiful. Nassau had great weather.

We did in early February 2012. Nassau and CC were beautiful. Florida was freezing when we diembarked.

I winder if you were on the cruise just before my cousin. When they disembarked it was freezing in fl (we had been at wdw and were so cold but the day they disembarked, and we drove to Daytona to see their house and them, I was turning blue with cold lol) but they could only last an hour on castaway, all bundled up.

They loved the cruise though and we all went together the following year, embarking feb 7, 2013. And it was just perfect.

We have now done two January cruises and the weather was lovely. Even though on land it wasnt so much leading into the cruise.

From the last one I will urge everyone to keep their cold weather clothing available for disembarkation! PC was so cold and so windy that even with my puffy coat and scarf I was freezing. We were waiting with bags for DH to get the rental car, and we were hiding behind our bags from the wind. Sooooo many people were in tiny clothes and were so cold.

I was on the Dream February 6-9 this year and it was just as bumbershoot said. Cold in Port Canaveral and nice on the rest of the cruise and ports.

We were on the Fantasy this past Feb. and it was really cold on CC. We got off the ship in sweatshirts and capris. Definitely too cold to swim. Not to mention the stress of praying our flight was going to get snowed in....! Because of that cruise, I've sworn off cruises in Feb. I think it's kind of hit or miss.

Now that I'm on my computer instead of cell...

During our Feb cruise, the water at Castaway actually *felt* warmer to me than the water the next October. I think it's a relative warmth thing. It was in the 70s in Feb, but higher 80s in October, and the water wasn't that much different. So the water felt colder compared to how warm my skin was in October.

But it's absolutely hit or miss.

We are now so tired of the weather in FL in January that I can't see going to WDW again during that month. It's been too cold too often during our January trips and I can't take it anymore. For whatever reason, I get sick and STAY sick, and two Januarys in a row I've ended up sick for well over a month and beyond, after a cold January trip. Whereas others go in weeks when we aren't there in January and don't experience freezing cold days at all!

Of the two times I've gone to WDW in January, the first time it was in the mid to upper 30s at night and 70s in the day. That made for some cold walks from MGM/DHS back to the Yacht Club when the park closed. AK was actually finally tolerable, though, as that has to be the hottest amusement park in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter