Has anyone done the classes CP offers?

savannahjean85

going to college to one day work for the mouse
I was just wondering if anyone one here has taken any of the classes offered during their CP. I know with my college I can get credit for the Human Resource Management course and do my 6 hours of professional electives.

I am wondering what is a "do-able" amount of classes you can take?

Is it worth taking classes while doing the CP?

It says they will work you about going to class (work schedule wise), were they really helpful?

What classes did you take & your thoughts?

I've only been in Florida a month today, (yay!), but I already know that I am going to drop my Marketing You class. I am not getting any credit from my school for doing this, and I feel that personally this is not a class aimed at my life/career. Saying that, I am sure there are many others that will get loads out of it, but for me, it's a bit too "self-help"/common sense to be benefitual. I am going to start my Exploring Guest Service class in a couple weeks and I am very much looking forward that one.

As far as work schedules go, they will not schedule you for when you have class for the most part. There are a couple cases I have heard where people have had specific job-training during class, but both the instructors and work leaders are very helpful and will do their very best to work with you.

I'm still a newbie at this, but I hope this is somewhat helpful to you. :)

I too have just gotten here and am in the Creativity and Innovation Class. I am really enjoying it. It seems like the work load isn't that bad. It's like any class, it takes time and you just have to take that time and get the work done.

During my CP I took the Exploring Guest Services class, which was a lot of fun- there was no homework or course materials that you had to buy.

One of my roommates took the HR class and she never really seemed to have much homework or have to invest a lot of time on the work outside of class. Just from my observations, I would definitely say it seems doable.

I took Marketing U and it was ok. This time I am taking online classes from my college so I can stay on top of graduating on time. :)

I was just wondering if anyone one here has taken any of the classes offered during their CP. I know with my college I can get credit for the Human Resource Management course and do my 6 hours of professional electives.

I am wondering what is a "do-able" amount of classes you can take?

Is it worth taking classes while doing the CP?

It says they will work you about going to class (work schedule wise), were they really helpful?

What classes did you take & your thoughts?

I was signed up for two classes. One was a class and the other was an experiential learning.

I dropped both because they conflicted with my days off. One of my days off was ALWAYS ont eh day I had class soooo it was like I only had one real day off a week. i wasn't able to really go anywhere because my class was right in the middle of the day. I decided that my relaxing was more important then an experiential learning class that wasn't teaching me anything at all.

I too have just gotten here and am in the Creativity and Innovation Class. I am really enjoying it. It seems like the work load isn't that bad. It's like any class, it takes time and you just have to take that time and get the work done.

I'm really excited about that class! What kinds of assignments do you have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter