Has anyone done Sammy Duvalls water sports?

DizznyChick

DIS Veteran
i was thinking about taking my son (14 y/o) parasailing or tubing but havent seen any reviews lately. i remember a trip report a few years ago about the parasailing but havent seen anything since. i think he would have a great time! would love to hear from anyone that has been!

My son (20 year old) went parasailing two years ago and loved it. The people running the boat and helping with the harnesses were very good. It didn't seem like he was up there very long, but he said it was enough to get a really great view of disney. He wanted to do it again last year, but the weather just wouln't cooperate. It was just too windy.

My sister and I went last summer she was 10 at the time and we loved it we did parasailing and tubing. It was so much fun and people that work there are so nice and helpful.

Sarah

thanks for the fast replies! does anyone have any pics? he would be doing it by himself and im wondering which one is more scary. of course i'll be holding my breath the whole time watching him

now im thinking about the bacteria problem in the water if he chooses the tubing. i dont think you get too wet from parasailing though. i worry too much-what about alligators!!!! i'll try and sway him towards the parasailing.

now im thinking about the bacteria problem in the water if he chooses the tubing. i dont think you get too wet from parasailing though. i worry too much-what about alligators!!!! i'll try and sway him towards the parasailing.

Considering this takes place in the 7 Seas Lagoon, I don't think you have to worry about alligators (except for the ones in the electrical water pagent:lmao: ). From what I've seen of the parasailing, you don't get wet at all. You're launched from the back of a boat, and your reeled in to the back of the boat. I'm scheduling this for myself on our next trip. A birthday treat to myself.

My two kids did the parasailing some years back, they loved it. Make sure to ask about discounts...AP, DVC, Disney Visa, maybe AAA.

we have the ap and i saw they give the ap discount-maybe 10% ! ive been hoping he would get a chance to do this for a few years. i have to get him on the scale though, hes about 6'2" but is a string bean not sure if he'll make the weight requirement and i definitely wont be able to get up there with him-i'm too scared

my daughter and i did the tandem parasailing in 2005. she was 9 at the time. we loved it! the people @ sammy duvall's were great! and you don't get wet at all. you take off and land right on the back of the boat.

I wanted to surprise DH with parasailing in December. Im just worried that it will be too cold. We've been there in Dec. before and some days the weather was warm, but some days it was freezing.

from looking at what others have said and what i remember from a trip report a few years ago you dont get wet at all so maybe make the reservation in the afternoon when its at its warmest

What bacteria problem.......My kids are going waterskiiing this trip:eek:

We did the tandem and had a nice time. Its very mellow and relaxing and the view is amazing. No, you dont get wet because the launch and land are all on the boat. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter