Has anyone done on trip with rental car then one without?

i12go2wdw

DIS Veteran
I am taking 2 children to WDW for 8 days and will not be renting a car. We usually go as a family and DH gets a rental. Will we notice a big difference in travel time onsite? We are staying at POFQ early May and the kids are 7&9.
TIA Christine

Even with a rental car, we usually rely on Disney transportation. You've got to go through the park gate, park the car, hop a tram or walk to the entrance and then reverse the process when leaving. I've never held a stopwatch to it, but I'd bet there's little difference in time between driving yourself and leaving the driving to Mickey, and I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is faster.

That said, we didn't have a rental last March and we didn't miss it, we had one last month and used it once during our stay for a grocery stop.

Bill From PA

We have done it both ways many times. My favorite way is using Happy Limo to get to WDW property and then sticking to Disney transportation...I hate driving while on vacation! But when we plan to do a lot offsite, we get a car via Priceline. I wouldn't bother if I was just staying at WDW.
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter