Has anyone done DCL's excursion to Rum Point & Stingray City?

colbybug

DIS Veteran
Was it worth it? It seems like most of the time would be spent getting there. Also, how many people are with you? And lastly, how was the experience? Would you do it again? I have NEVER booked a ships excursion and prefer to do it on my own but with time constraints this may be the best option this time. We have done Stingray city but my hubby wants to take our 6 yr old this time. Rum Point just seems a little less crowded and more tropical than Seven Mile or am I just kidding myself?

Any opinions?

Thanks so much!
Kathy

Was it worth it? It seems like most of the time would be spent getting there. Also, how many people are with you? And lastly, how was the experience? Would you do it again? I have NEVER booked a ships excursion and prefer to do it on my own but with time constraints this may be the best option this time. We have done Stingray city but my hubby wants to take our 6 yr old this time. Rum Point just seems a little less crowded and more tropical than Seven Mile or am I just kidding myself?

Any opinions?

Thanks so much!
Kathy

We did that last May. We wouldn't do it again. #1 it takes 1 1/2 hrs to get there(so 1 1/2 back too), #2 we had very little time for the beach and we had to whoof down lunch. The beach is more tropical than Seven Mile but, I like Seven Mile. I guess it was less crowded but, we still had to try and grab chairs right away. There were Carnival people there when we got there. They do limit the # of people but, the beach is very small. If you go I would skip Sting Ray city. I just don't think there is enough time to do both. It's another ferry ride to get there too.

I really enjoyed Sting Ray city --this was my second time there. My kids reactions were priceless(first time for them). So I would decide what is more important to you--Sting Ray City or Tropical Beach day. Have a wonderful time!

Great question !!! I was looking at the same excursion and wondering what people have thought about it. :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter