Has anyone done any of these?

Belle915

Mouseketeer
My DF and I are going on our Honeymoon to Disney World in Sept (sept 17-23) and we were wanting to do something extra and I came up with some ideas but I wanted to see if anyone has done any of these and get your opinions on them! We are splurging some on our resort (Poly) and doing deluxe dining plan so we don't want to spend a lot more money but still want to have fun!

1) Parasailing- This is what we thought we were originally do. It is 170 dollars for both of us to ride together, so it's not super expensive. We thought this would be sort of romantic up because we are up in the air together and get to see the Magic Kingdom area

2) Swimming with the dolphins at Epcot. Both of us like dolphins and thought this looked like fun, but I know it is something we can do elsewhere besides disney world.

3) The segway tour at Epcot. I've never been on one and it looks like fun being able to go through World Showcase before it is even open! Not sure if it is good for a honeymoon though, maybe something to do another time.

4) The Wild African Trek at Animal Kingdom. I know this one is more expensive but it looks really fun! I have read mix reviews about it though. I'm afraid it might be really hot to go on during September though, even if we went to the first one in the morning, it could get really humid by the end.

What are your thoughts? or any other options I should be considering?

Also since I have you here ;)

The day we arrive at Disney, we should land about 12 and get to the resort I'm guessing around 2, give or take some time. We were going to head on over to Epcot because we think we want to eat at Rose and Crowne that night. I haven't decided if I want to try and make an ADR around the time Illuminations is going on, or try and make an earlier time and we can find another spot to watch and maybe get out of the park faster since we are getting up about 4 that morning! I figured we will be tired, but I would like to watch Illuminations. I know it's not for sure we can seat on the deck at R&C but I know even if we seat inside we can go out to the deck and watch. What are your opinions--try and watch from R&C or eat earlier?

Thanks everyone!!!! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say!! :goodvibes

I haven't done any of these, nor stayed at the Poly (but I would LOVE TO!!), but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS and I hope that you have a magical trip, whatever you decide! party:

We did the Segway tour at Epcot and loved it!! it is a lot of fun and you get to go around a lot of the world showcase.

DSC_0260.jpg

I haven't done any of these, nor stayed at the Poly (but I would LOVE TO!!), but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS and I hope that you have a magical trip, whatever you decide! party:

Thank you!! We are so excited! This is our first time at Poly! :goodvibes

We also have done the Segway tour at Epcot it was great. There is something special about being in Epcot before the crowds come thru and you can get some great pictures. It was also alot of fun, and it's one of the safest places you can try out a segway in the country their training is much more comprehensive than some of the pop up places in tourist cities.

We also have done the Segway tour at Epcot it was great. There is something special about being in Epcot before the crowds come thru and you can get some great pictures. It was also alot of fun, and it's one of the safest places you can try out a segway in the country their training is much more comprehensive than some of the pop up places in tourist cities.

Thank you for the info! It seems like it would be really fun and safe and the price seems reasonable too!

I haven't done any of those yet. I wanted to do the dolphins at Epcot, but I wear glasses and unfortunately they don't mix with the snorkel! I now have back up contacts just for future trips so I can try the dolphins again some time :)

I have done the Safari at AKL - the Wanayama one which has dinner at Jiko after, and that was worth every penny. It was lead by 2 of the keepers and we got some really great photo opportunities. The private dinner at Jiko with the chef coming by to explain dishes was delicious and a lot of fun.

We've done the Epcot Segway tour and enjoyed it a lot. There were a few young couples on our tour and they seemed to have a lot of fun. It's not exactly a "romantic" adventure, however.

I have not done swimming with the dolphins at Epcot, but we did do it in Mexico. It is a neat thing to do.

There are other tours, but you seem to have picked the ones that interest you and I think that's where you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Finally, on the Rose and Crown dinner, if you're planning to stay for Illuminations anyway, booking for about that time at R&C makes sense. You probably will be exhausted, but I'd opt for a nap in the afternoon, so you can go full steam later. It's nice to watch Illuminations from R&C -- except when the wind is bad and you get a full face of smoke. No predicting that this far out however.

Let me add my congratulations, too!

Have you thought about one of the behind the scenes tours? We did one at the MK and really LOVED it! Maybe some others can give more info on the different types?

We have never done parasailing at Disney, but we have done it before and it was great. I think it would be so unique to get that point of view!

And we just returned from our first trip and we stayed at the Poly. It was amazing! Congrats and have fun!

The day we arrive at Disney, we should land about 12 and get to the resort I'm guessing around 2, give or take some time. We were going to head on over to Epcot because we think we want to eat at Rose and Crowne that night. I haven't decided if I want to try and make an ADR around the time Illuminations is going on, or try and make an earlier time and we can find another spot to watch and maybe get out of the park faster since we are getting up about 4 that morning! I figured we will be tired, but I would like to watch Illuminations. I know it's not for sure we can seat on the deck at R&C but I know even if we seat inside we can go out to the deck and watch. What are your opinions--try and watch from R&C or eat earlier?

Thanks everyone!!!! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say!! :goodvibes

I haven't done R&C during fireworks for some time, but the last time I did - they only tables with a view were for parties of five.

If you were going to try fora fireworks viewing, you need to make it for earlier than 9pm. I say that more because if you have a 9pm ADR you will be seated after 9pm- perhaps well after 9pm. Call to make your ADR, and ask about the best time. Probably 8pm would be good if the fireworks are at 9pm (which they almost always are.) Sometimes even when we have ADR's at 7pm, we are just finishing up closeto 9pm. (Late seating, slow service combo). If you have three courses- your meals are going to take about two hours (see below).

For me, the parks have kept us pretty busy, so we've rarely ventured elsewhere. In my way of thinking- I can parasail at many places- Space Mountain is only at Disney.

We did rent a boat once and do the Behind the Seeds tour (Epcot/the Land). Both were fun, but maybe not romantic. I could see doing the fireworks cruise.

For me, the deluxe dining plan would be WAAAAAAAYYYYY to much food! It would also be WAAAAYYY too much time sitting in restaurants. The only way it might ever work for me is if I used it to signature dining every night, and used it to get room service. (I DO suggest one meal at Narcoossee's - esp if you like seafood!)

Congratulation! We are Poly lovers and you will have a fantastic time there. Very romantic resort to be at (you won't always be surrounded by kids). Join us at the Poly thread for some great tips there.

My DH and DD15 did the Dolphins in Depth in 2010. They really enjoyed it, but would not spend the money again. It is a 3 hour experience. Your first 1.5 hours is a class learning a lot of things about dolphins....my teenagers summary...."not something I would do with my Dad again if I had known that it's a lot of discussion about how sexual they are....sex this....sex that. Yeah, thanks Mom for having me go with Dad - UNCOMFORTABLE."

However, please note you are not "swimming with the dolphins" you are wading with them, doing a few hand signals, and getting a picture taken with them. However, DH loves animals and DD15 loves dolphins and this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

As a side note....we loved Jikos for dinner. Very romantic dinner atmosphere!

I haven't done any of them but I was considering parasailing for our upcoming trip. I might surprise DH with it yet :)

When we want to see the fireworks from R&C in Sep. we always do walk up at 7:30 and then wait till a table opens. We then go to the deck with Desert or wine when the fireworks start. Have a great time. :) We spent our first vacation in Disney and then we got engaged in the Castle. We find Disney very romantic. I love the late night boat rides from WL to MK. :love:

1) Parasailing- This is what we thought we were originally do. It is 170 dollars for both of us to ride together, so it's not super expensive. We thought this would be sort of romantic up because we are up in the air together and get to see the Magic Kingdom area

I actually went parasailing on my last trip in August. Nobody else in my family wanted to do it (except my 8 year old and my husband was against it so i didn't push it..). It was a bucket list item for me, and i went at it alone :-)

I must say.. it was the BEST experience ever.. I felt like it was affordable for the experience... and it gave me an afternoon away which was much needed after 7 days with a toddler an 8 year old, my husband and my mother !!!

You are so high up that you can't really hear any other sounds.. and the view is terrific!! I think it would be super romantic.. Plus i felt so full of energy and just fantastic when it was over... Can't say enough good things about it!!

Out of those I vote parasailing. The view is amazing and it's nearly silent as you glide through the air. It might be the most private place in Disneyworld. You can whisper sweet nothings and plan your dreams. It could be great!

Ronda

I haven't done any of those yet. I wanted to do the dolphins at Epcot, but I wear glasses and unfortunately they don't mix with the snorkel! I now have back up contacts just for future trips so I can try the dolphins again some time :)

I have done the Safari at AKL - the Wanayama one which has dinner at Jiko after, and that was worth every penny. It was lead by 2 of the keepers and we got some really great photo opportunities. The private dinner at Jiko with the chef coming by to explain dishes was delicious and a lot of fun.

I didn't think about the glasses thing! My DF wear glasses!

We did parasailing at CR. We are a family of 4 and it was a big hit for all of us. View is unreal, you can see everything. Not romantic because wife and I each rode with one of the kids, but definitely cool.

We've done the Epcot Segway tour and enjoyed it a lot. There were a few young couples on our tour and they seemed to have a lot of fun. It's not exactly a "romantic" adventure, however.

I have not done swimming with the dolphins at Epcot, but we did do it in Mexico. It is a neat thing to do.

There are other tours, but you seem to have picked the ones that interest you and I think that's where you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Finally, on the Rose and Crown dinner, if you're planning to stay for Illuminations anyway, booking for about that time at R&C makes sense. You probably will be exhausted, but I'd opt for a nap in the afternoon, so you can go full steam later. It's nice to watch Illuminations from R&C -- except when the wind is bad and you get a full face of smoke. No predicting that this far out however.

Let me add my congratulations, too!

Thanks for the info! I think we will probably try and eat at Rose and Crown during Illuminations! It would be a great experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter