• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done a new years cruise?

fairyprincessmom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We are looking at taking the holiday 2011/2012 5 night cruise and I was wondering about the weather and what they do on News Years Eve? Is it worth paying more to go at holiday time?

Thanks

We went on the New Years Eve wonder a couple of years ago and loved it! They did fireworks on NYE and counted down to midnight on the big ariel screen. They also had drink glasses with the date and DCL. They also gave out noise makers and hats. The weather was nice, a little chilly at night but nothing a sweater can't fix.

We were on the 2003/04 NYE cruise on the Magic. As we had just left St. Thomas, the weather was wonderfully warm, even at midnight. Big party in the attrium, we felt it was worth it. No fireworks in those days though, but I understand they do them now.

We are scheduled on the Dream for NYE 2011/12. We just did the NYE 2009/10. It was great. The ship is decorated for the holidays. They had fireworks at midnight, a midnight buffet, champagne in keepsake plastic glasses, funky hats at dinner, special dinner menu, gift in the stateroom and a lithograph.

We are scheduled on the Dream for NYE 2011/12. We just did the NYE 2009/10. It was great. The ship is decorated for the holidays. They had fireworks at midnight, a midnight buffet, champagne in keepsake plastic glasses, funky hats at dinner, special dinner menu, gift in the stateroom and a lithograph.

Thanks all your talk about the excitement of NYE cruise is making me more excited about our cruise this coming NYE.
Hopefully more DISers will be traveling with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter