Has anyone/does anyone take Hydroxycut or Slimquick?

sdarwkcabemanmy

<font color=blue>Not only do I not know what's goi
Well it's a new year. I'm still trying to get my weight under control and I know I need help. I've been considering taking a diet supplement, such as Hydorxycut or Slimquick.

I know what my problem is...I like to eat. All the time. :( I started using my Wii Fit 91 days ago and this morning it told me I weigh one pound less than when I started. :( It's not for lack of exercise (well..maybe over the last couple of weeks, but that's because DS was out of school). I've worked out more since I got the Wii Fit than I have in years and I'm in better shape than I was 3 mos ago. But I haven't lost any weight..or if I do, I gain it back again. :(

So this leads me to believe I need something to help control my appetite, such as a diet aid.

Does anybody take Slimquick or Hydroxycut? What have your results been like?:confused3

I've tried Hydroxycut and really all it did for me is make me feel more like going out and excercising. I don't really think any of those things work. You need to measure yourself - arms, waist, hips, thighs and watch your measurements not necessarily just your weight. Muscle will weigh more than fat so you may not lose any weight but your measurements will decrease.

Diet aids don't work. There is no quick fix. You need to bump up the exercise routine, eat less, and drink more water. I don't think Wii Fit is for serious exercise. I thought it was more for beginners and fun. After 3 months your body is probably used to the Wii Fit motions and you need to move on to real exercise equipment. Then you can continue to use the Wii Fit to supplement, or on days you can't get a real workout in, or for fun.

I don't have 'real' exercise equipment and I really can't afford to go to a gym. Nor do I want to. Gyms are for skinny people. Every time I've stepped into a gym, I've been stared at because I am not a skinny, toned, fit person.

Normally, I walk at least 30-45 min a day and do at least an hour on Wii Fit, focusing on yoga and strength more than anything else. I do crunches..at least 30 every other day. I don't run..I have knee issues that prevent me from doing anything that strenous. Honestly, I can't see what else I CAN do, except maybe drink more water which I plan to do. My main issue is my eating..it's like I'm never really full, so I'm always snacking on something.

I know there is no 'quick fix'..I've been battling my weight for years. :(

Ok..thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Check and see if there is a Planet Fitness in your area. We are fortunate to have one about two miles from our house. They have a $10/month membership with no obligation/no minimums. They advertise as the "Judgement Free Zone". My wife, my son and I all have memberships.

www.planetfitness.com

I am starting a weight loss plan again this year, probably Weight Watchers and exercise; so I am right there with you.

I did lose quite a bit of weight a couple of years ago and part of the reason was the exercise. I didn't want to go to a gym either but walked every day and did a work out of my own every morning: sit ups, push ups, leg lifts, arm exercises with weights, that kind of thing. When I begin again, I plan to do the same thing with the exercise but want a meal program that is going to train me to eat right. I have gained that weight back because I used a "quick fix" instead of learning to eat correctly.

I've never taken those supplements, so I'm not help. But just wanted to send some pixie dust your way :wizard: Losing weight is really tough, and then when you do finally lose it, it seems like keeping it off is even tougher. It isn't like you can just give up food cold turkey.

You've probably lost fat, and gained muscle from the exercising, so don't be too discouraged. And continue doing the type of exercising that you enjoy. If you bust your rear end doing something you hate, it won't be something you'll be able to sustain over the long haul.

Try writing everything you put into your mouth down, so you can really see what you are eating. And when you get the urge to snack, try just drinking a big glass of water. But if you are one of those people that just has to snack all day long, then figure out how much food you can eat in one day (while losing weight) and just eat it throughout the day. There is no law that says you have to eat three meals a day. Spread your dinner out over three to four hours if you have to.

No two people's bodies are the same, and different things work for different people. Sounds like you are doing something, and really, that is what matters the most.

Best of luck.

Well you have to quit snacking. Are you snacking healthy? or chips and things like that?

The first few days of getting your eating under control you will feel hungry, but eventually your body will adjust and you won't feel that way anymore. If you do feel hungry, do something to divert your attention, that will keep your focus away from food.

You also need to keep changing your exercise routine. And I disagee that health clubs are just for skinny people. I used to go early in the morning before work or later at night, the Barbies and Kens don't go then.

Now I exercise at home. I walk briskly on my treadmill for 1/2 -45 minutes a day, (2 miles 1/2 hour) and do lots of crunches, about 100-150 sometimes more if I'm ambitious. I change it up with other stuff.

I'd love to get an eliptical, those things are great, and alot of them come so you can exercise your arms at the same time.

Those suppliments don't work. I always said if there was a quick fix for losing weight everyone would be skinny.

Good Luck

I don't have 'real' exercise equipment and I really can't afford to go to a gym. Nor do I want to. Gyms are for skinny people. Every time I've stepped into a gym, I've been stared at because I am not a skinny, toned, fit person.

I felt the same way. I am not anywhere NEAR skinny. A friend of mine told me about Planet Fitness, which I joinied and now love. It is only $10 a month and there are many non-skinny people there. They don't have classes, but they have tons of equipment as well as a circuit type area (like a Curves). I really enjoy it and do not feel self conscious at all. If there's one in your area maybe you can check it out.

I do have a WISH journal over on the WISH board and I've been keeping track of my food intake for about as long as I've had the Wii Fit.

Well you have to quit snacking. Are you snacking healthy? or chips and things like that?

It's a combination of both, actually. And even the chips are 'healthy' because I buy the baked kind. I also know that I have a problem with portion control, esp when it comes to chips, etc so I buy them in the pre-wrapped individual packs to help me keep control. We don't go out to eat very much..perhaps 2X per month but usually no more than 4X if the ILs invite us to dinner (which does happen sometimes).

As far as Planet Fitness is concerned, there isn't one close to my house. I checked the website and the nearest one is 30-45 min away.

I do not believe in the diet aids...HOWEVER:rolleyes: I bought the Slimquick cleanse and diet aid combo pack and have been on it for about 5 days. The cleanse has done what is said...it has "cleansed!" It has kept me from eating, because every time I eat, I get "cleansed" and, well...you know.:scared:

The diet aid had hyped me up and kept me off the couch, but it hasn't caused me to drive to the gym yet. It hasn't made me feel yucky like some of those things do. Any diet aid I ever taken ( and I really have not taken many) have made my heart race and made me throw the whole box away! Slimquick has decreased my appetite. I have not cleaned my plate in 5 days and have had to push away food b/c I just don't want it. I've lost 2 lbs.

All this could be a placebo effect, or I may have finally had it with my huge butt, but something is different. My mantra will continue to be "eat less, move more!"

Don't drink any soda...diet or regular. Just drink water. It really fills you up faster. Another thing I have been doing, Jif makes peanut butter cups (like snack pack puddings) that I take for lunch at work with a yogurt. It really fills me up. It's good fat and protein. I only do it 2-3 times a week. I recently read that when you eat protein like peanut butter, your metabolism burns more for up to 5 hours after you eat it.

Is there a Curves near you? It's a women-only "gym" with a really fun and easy circuit of equipment to use. In 30 minutes you get your cardio and work all your major muscle groups.

Please stay away form slimquick. I tried it two months ago and ended up in the ER having convulsions. Yes I did follow the directions.

Ive lost 30 pounds since the middle of sept simply but cutting my calorie intake to 1,000n -1,500 and drinking LOTS of water. trust me I still eat crappy I just eat less of it. I used to eat a combo meal for lunch EVERY day from wendy's and the callories in that meal alone were over 1100 calories :scared1: oh and I dont exercise at all, I am on my feet all day at work but I do not workout. Next week I am joining a gym so I can get toned now that I am happy with my weight.

Good Luck.

There's a great free website, Sparkpeople.com . They have so many features! They have message boards, blogs, workout programs, a nutrition plan/tracker...lots of great stuff! There's even a new "bootcamp" program they're running that's free. Only equipment needed is some small dumbells and a balance ball.

I lost 25 pounds in 2005-06 by watching what I eat and exercising. I started by doing the Leslie Sansone workouts. They're easy for the uncoordinated, but they are very effective. I've kept most of the weight off and am trying to lose a bit more as I'm still overweight. I feel SO much better after losing those 25 pounds. I had to carry a large bag of cat litter last month, 28 pounds, and couldn't believe that I once was carrying that much weight on ME. I was sick all fall and had my gall bladder out in early December, so now that I'm getting back into good health I'll get back on track with my exercise. :)

Good luck! It's a battle that many of us face every day.

Don't drink any soda...diet or regular. Just drink water
About 85% of the time, I do. I only allow myself to drink soda at certain times (when we go out or when we visit somebody, which isn't often) and my worst habit right now is stopping by the gas station on the way to pick up DS. I think I'll just start leaving my wallet at home and take only my driver's license so I won't stop there any more. After all, can't buy a soda if you have no money.

Is there a Curves near you?
There was..but they closed down. :( I was going to ask DH for a year's membership for Christmas but they closed down over the summer.

There's a great free website, Sparkpeople.com .
I used to be a member of Sparkpeople, but I just wasn't that interested in it.

I lost about 30 lbs from 2007-2008 and I kept about half of it off so far. I know I still have a LONG way to go before I"m at what is considered to be my 'ideal' weight. I know that my weight is not helping my joint issues or my foot issues AT all, which is part of the reason I want to get down to around 130-140 (I think 145 or so is my 'ideal' weight and I'm at 184 as of yesterday).

I know that losing weight and keeping it off will always be a battle for me. I like to eat..too much. It's also partly genetic..the women on my mom's side of the family were always very heavy. Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

You are not fighting a losing battle. You need to find something that works for your body.
If you can find something that keeps you from being hungry (a combination of healthy foods on a frequent enough basis...) then you will see the weight start to come off.
Once you start to feel the benefits of weight loss (less aching in joints, less shortness of breath, etc.) you will be encouraged to continue with the program that is working for you.

Don't stop until you find something that works. Dieting supplements aren't going to be it, I'm afraid. :confused3

Since I started working out regularly with the Wii Fit, I've had less issues with my joints and I can work out longer/harder without getting out of breath.:thumbsup2

Since I am a SAHM, I have the opportunity and the ability to eat what I want, when I want. Not even that has helped and I end up grazing almost all day. I would say "I can't help it!" but that's a cop out.

oh wow, i wish we had one of those planet fitness places around here. i can't afford the gym memberships here. i'm doing sparkpeople.com and trying to keep my calories around 1200 or less per day. i don't know if i've lost any weight yet because i'm scared of the scale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter