Has anyone dined at the San Angel in Epcot?

sammons70

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will embark on our first Disney World vacation in early July. Since we are fans of mexican food, we have a priority seating at the San Angel in Epcot. I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has dined there, as the guidebook ratings I have read have identified it as mediocre. Any impressions. Thanks in advance for your time and input.

In the past I would have said maybe average rather than mediocre, but on our most recent trip the food was outstanding, and we LOVE the atmosphere, which is stellar. My favorite appetizer of this whole trip was the Cheviche at San Angel. Hope you have a TERRIFIC time.

DH, DS and I - this is a must do every trip!! If you don' mind the fact that the tables are very close and you enjoy authentic mexican food and great atmosphere - you will ENJOY. We have been twice and all three of us love it! The margaritas are excellent too!! :goodvibes

We ate there a few weeks ago, and our group of 8 would have deemed it average as well. Great atmosphere though! :thumbsup2

I have been there twice and love the atmosphere. But I usually have a hard time figuring out what to eat. Many of the choices are quite spicy. I like Mexican but not the spice so much. I guess it depends on your taste.

Very pretty atmosphere, but bland, bland bland food. Much better Mexican food just in our home town.

San Angel Inn is my favorite restaurant anywhere. It is my only must-do for WDW.

The food is not TexMex. What they offer is so, so good. You'll have to go to Taco Bell for tacos.
The atmosphere is incredible. Nothing else comes close.
Even the waiting for your table is fun. Live Mexican band and an interesting shopping area right at the entrance.
The service is fun. They really like it when you try to speak Spanish.

DH and I absolutely LOVE San Angel Inn! :love: As long as you go there expecting real Mexican food and not Americanized Mexican food, you'll love it too! We've eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. It's our favorite EPCOT restaurant. And, as others have noted, the atmosphere is unbelievable! ENJOY!

BTW, the picture in our signature was taken at San Angel! :thumbsup2

We love San Angel Inn.The food is so good but like was said it is REAL mexican not american/mexican and the atmosphere is wonderful.Its one of our favs and a must do every trip.You'll love your first trip it is so much fun-but I am a Disney addict.

We enjoyed it there - mostly because of the atmosphere. I remember being REALLY hungry when we ate there - so I remember LOVING the food. I'm not sure if it was THAT good - or if it seemed that good b/c we were so hungry! We need to go back again. :thumbsup2

We do this TS restaurant quite often. I prefer lunch over dinner, but that's just me :confused3

The atmosphere is great. But like everyone else said, it's not Tex-Mex food. It's mexican food. Have fun. :thumbsup2

We love it. Definately one of our favorites - both for the food and the atmosphere. Aww, who I am I kidding? It's also for the margaritas! :rotfl:

We never miss it. It's the only place we make sure and dine on every trip. Well, that and Boma. Anyway, we love it. My personal favorites are the soup (Sopa Azteca) and the Chicken Mole Poblano. :love:

Just don't go in expecting El Chico type tex-Mex. That's not what they do.

My favorite place to dine at WDW. Good food, great atmosphere, good service.

Love eating there! In fact, we've even done it on Christmas Eve. I don't find the food hot or even all that spicy but I imagine it's because they have to appeal to the "masses" and can't afford to get the food too hot. :teeth:

Yes, we love it. The food is authentic mex and the marga's are delicious....

We've eaten there several times because we enjoy the food and atmosphere. OH! And the margaritas are really good! Although the service isn't all that great, the food has been consistently good for us -- that's what keeps us coming back!

This place has improved over the years. The last time we were there..about a month ago...the food was wonderful and the service was good..for a busy WDW restaurant. We had a very interesting conversation with our waitress. She told us about her country and talked about the areas that are not so "touristy". Very interesting to hear it from locals. But remember, it really is more authentic rather than Tex/mex type of food. :sunny:

I like this restaurant for its ambience, it's so pretty. I'm not too picky about Mexican food, but it was always pretty good for us.

Thank you so much to everyone for all of your helpful feed back. My wife is now looking forward to ceviche and margaritas. You guys are great.

I am a self admitted foodie. I produce and sell organic meat for a living, make all my own bread, cheese, etc., btu I am by no means a picky eater. I have only eaten there once and it was a year ago. I had a fish somehting taht was on a bed of rice and the intern with me had a chicken somehting (aren't I most helpful?). Both dishes were very well prepared and the meats were not overcooked (a pet peeve of mine.) Service was good and the atmosphere was unique, but the tables are very, very, very close together. Our meals were about $20 each, which I felt was a tad pricey, even by WDW standards. I would NOT say the food was "bad" or even "average", but _I_ would use the word "unremarkable." Perhpas if I had been more hungry I would have felt differently!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter