Has anyone checked in a day (or more) later than their reservation?

FredS

DIS Veteran
We have reservations to arrive on Saturday. It now appears that there is a distinct possibility that we may not actually be able to leave for Disney until Monday, but we won't know until Thursday, possibly Friday. I am not concerned with getting any financial offset for the late arrival, and realize that we will have to "eat" the two days if it comes to that, but I was not sure how to handle it as far as the room assignment, etc. If it happens that we learn on Friday that we won't be there on Saturday, should we call the resort directly to tell them of our new anticipated arrival date? (I assume they will rent that unit over the weekend? Just curious on that point!)

Surely other DVCers have found themselves in this same boat when using points at the end of their use year, or just too late to cancel? I would think that DVC member services would not be the ones to call on Friday?

You can cancel 1-30 days prior to Arrival and the points will be put into the Holding Account (can be used to make reservations 60 days or less in advance). If you cancel on the arrival date, all points for the entire reservation are forfeited.

If you find you will not be able to arrive as scheduled, absolutely make a call to make sure you will have a room upon arrival. By not showing up, your reservation could be subject to automatic cancellation. If it's a week day, call MS. If it's on the weekend, call the resort directly.

Originally posted by PamOKW
You can cancel 1-30 days prior to Arrival and the points will be put into the Holding Account (can be used to make reservations 60 days or less in advance). If you cancel on the arrival date, all points for the entire reservation are forfeited.

If you find you will not be able to arrive as scheduled, absolutely make a call to make sure you will have a room upon arrival. By not showing up, your reservation could be subject to automatic cancellation. If it's a week day, call MS. If it's on the weekend, call the resort directly.

There is a third party involved, so I am not even attempting to recoup any points/nights if we are unable to get there before Monday. My thought is that MS is out of the picture by the day before check-in, and I should simply call the resort directly if we are going to be delayed. "Automatic cancellation" sounds ominous!

I guess in my mind I am now wondering what would be best to tell them, as if we are delayed it will likely be VERY late Monday night, but I don't want to say anything that might slow or jeopardize our getting to our room as soon as possible on arrival if it is late. That will not make me happy if we have paid for a room for two days but have to wait to get to it to bed! (And then I'm thinking Monday might have a lot of people checking in before us and we'll be in the hinterlands.)

(And then I'm thinking Monday might have a lot of people checking in before us and we'll be in the hinterlands.)
Actually Sunday is by far the largest check-in day, so if you don't get there until Monday, you're already in the hinterlands.:rolleyes:

My understanding is that if you don't make other arrangments and don't show up the first day, they will cancel you. I'd definitely call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter