Has anyone changed their show time on the Dream after boarding?

cleenw

Earning My Ears
I want to change our show time only, not my dining time.... from 5pm to 9pm....Has anyone had any luck getting this done once you have boarded? As of now, I am told it is full...crossing my fingers

It sounds like you have the late dinner seating. We do too- and as the late seating starts at roughly 8 pm, how would you make the 9 pm show?

Unless you plan on not doing the sit down dinners and doing Cabanas instead to make the shows....

Just curious-

It sounds like you have the late dinner seating. We do too- and as the late seating starts at roughly 8 pm, how would you make the 9 pm show?

Unless you plan on not doing the sit down dinners and doing Cabanas instead to make the shows....

Just curious-

You can have early seating with a 5 pm show.

:cutie:

We have late seating with 5 pm shows.
I guess I couldn't understand that time displacement between the two.

If I were wanting early dinner seating and a later seating for the show- I can understand that. But wanting a late show with a late seating is kind of like having an early seating and the 5 pm show time. Could you go to the early show and make it to the 6.30 dinner seating with no problems??

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I don't know if the timetable could crunch both activities into the slot required.

But I am willing to have it explained... (no flames please):confused3

I haven't cruised yet, but I think the shows are about an hour and figure 1 1/2 hours for dinner. So your options are:

5 pm show -go right to 6 pm (not sure if it's exactly at 6) dinner
5 pm show -have some time before 8:30 dinner

7 pm show -go right to 8:30 dinner (main dining people would still be eating, so they can't see this show)

9 pm show -a bit after the 6 pm dinner (late dining people would still be eating, so they can't see this show)

I believe that this is what they are wanting. Early dinner at 6 pm and late show at 9 pm. Totally makes sense! They currently have early show at 5 pm and early dinner at 6 pm....shows are usually about 45 minutes. Plenty of time. They never said that they had late dining....

On the Dream you can have:

5 pm show with 6 pm dining
5 pm show with 8:30 pm dining
7 pm show with 8:30 pm dining
9 pm show with 6 pm dining

We have late seating with 5 pm shows.
I guess I couldn't understand that time displacement between the two.

If I were wanting early dinner seating and a later seating for the show- I can understand that. But wanting a late show with a late seating is kind of like having an early seating and the 5 pm show time. Could you go to the early show and make it to the 6.30 dinner seating with no problems??

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I don't know if the timetable could crunch both activities into the slot required.

But I am willing to have it explained... (no flames please):confused3

Just off back to back on Dream 2/27-3/6 - they didn't use show times on either. There was a notice in the "navigator" given to us at port saying they eliminated the set show times for our cruise and we could go at the time we wanted.

Just off back to back on Dream 2/27-3/6 - they didn't use show times on either. There was a notice in the "navigator" given to us at port saying they eliminated the set show times for our cruise and we could go at the time we wanted.

I was also on this cruise and asked if this was a permanent change and nobody knew (or would say). We went to the 615 show every night and there were always seats available. Show times were 615 and 830 with the 2 new shows also having a matinee at 330.

On the initial 4 day cruise we had a 5:00 show time followed by 6:00 dinner. The shows lasted an hour and went right to dinner. I will say the wait staff was annoyed by this as people would straggle into dinner as late as 6:30 putting pressure on them to get things turned around for the late seating. We definitely noticed one night in Royal Palace where the service was horrible and it was totally due to this point. On the three day cruise there were only two show times and we weren't told to go to either one. Maybe this is a permanent change. I will say that just because you were assigned a show time that didn't force you to go to THAT show, you could go standby at any other show and since there are plenty if seats there never was a problem getting in

I was also on this cruise and asked if this was a permanent change and nobody knew (or would say). We went to the 615 show every night and there were always seats available. Show times were 615 and 830 with the 2 new shows also having a matinee at 330.

Maybe on a not sold out cruise this would be an option. On a sold out cruise they will probably stick to the show time you are scheduled for

I have a friend on the 4-Night right now (3/6) and he emailed that the Navigator shows just 2 show times, 6:15 and 8:30 on their cruise as well. They are being told to go to the show that works best with their dinner time. He also said they would be doing matinee shows of Villans.

I was on the Feb 20th cruise with the 3 showtimes and they were definitely checking your showtime and holding people back to stand-by if you were not at your designated time. This caused a "scene" (pardon the pun) for some... and I would agree it had not been clearly publicized that you needed to attend your designated time.

While waiting in line for an autograph (we were the end of the line), I had a fairly prolonged chat with one of the CM's and she said the new system was still being worked out and was not going as smoothly as hoped for. (She also worked backstage at the shows...). She had mentioned that they were going to do away with the three times and go back to two with possibly a matinee and they there were just not sure about what was going to happen with checking showtimes. She also said the three showtimes were creating havoc with dinner times and were not generally appreciated by the servers.

I think this will be a work in progress. I am glad to hear they were not checking times since they really didn't make this clear to people when we boarded. I do wonder how this will float on a fully booked cruise. Regardless, it seemed that you could usually count on plenty of seats at 5 pm, little to no seats at 7 pm and minimal availability at the 9 pm show depending on the show (full house for Believe).

We had the main seating and the 9 pm show which worked pretty well for us.
:goodvibes

How many people does the theater seat?? I thought it was under 1500. With 2 shows, only 3000 people will get to see the show. On a sold out cruise, doesn't that mean that 1000 people won't get to see the shows?? I don't think I'm liking that!

Sorry I wasn't clear. We have the early dining and the 5pm show. It looks like our sailing is full. Is there anyone who sailed on a full ship with 3 scheduled shows that was able to change their showtime?

We recieved a letter a couple weeks before boarding saying we had the 7PM show. When we boarded the ship our keys said 5PM. When we approached Guest Relations they told us that someone had changed the information 5 days before sailing but could not tell us why. When we asked to change it back we were told that it was set in stone. Our only option was to try to do standby for the seating that we wanted. We ended up doing that one night, but just went ahead and went to our 5 PM showing the other two days. You will not be able to change your time once on the ship.

Also back from the 2/27 cruise. This voyage was sold out and was using the 6:15 and 8:30 show times. With 4:00 Matinees for Villans and Believe. I suspect this will become a permanent change soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter