Has anyone camped in Twin Mountain, NH?

ADisneyQueen

DIS Veteran
DH says we need to go somewhere other than WDW this summer. Has anyone stayed at the KOA Twin Mountain or Living Water Campground? We are going to Storyland and Santa's Village. It's not Disney, but it will have to do until next year. Thanks.

We camp at twin Mtn every year this is the place we stay at http://www.twinmountainmotorcourtrvpark.com/pages/2/index.htm

They have cottages and RV sites the only thing about this place they don't have restrooms but it is full hookups for 30.00 very nice and veiws of Twin Mtn You can try looking up Norht Conway there are a few places there But we always stay at this place Hope this helps

We camped at the Twin Mountain KOA a couple of times about 6 or 7 years ago with our DD and we really enjoyed it. It's quite small, which we liked, and it was very clean and quiet. The bathrooms were clean and that's always a big plus for me...nothing worse than dirty bathrooms at campgrounds (the best luxury of our first travel trailer was the bathroom!!). I remember them doing bon-fires at night and they also played a kids movie every night and you could get a sundae before the movie for a dollar or so. The first trip we stayed in our pop-up camper and the second trip we stayed in one of the cabins.

ADisneyQueen said:
DH says we need to go somewhere other than WDW this summer. Has anyone stayed at the KOA Twin Mountain or Living Water Campground? We are going to Storyland and Santa's Village. It's not Disney, but it will have to do until next year. Thanks.

I grew up in Jefferson where Santa's Village is. They have a great campground nearby. Also, by Storyland (actually pretty much right beside) is another great campground. I wish I could remember the names though. Twin Mountain is nice, not much to do though.

I think we stayed at Twin Mountain about 7 years ago. There was a RR caboose you could reserve, with bunk beds inside. Living Waters had a Christian theme, if that appeals to you. I can't decide if you are RV people, which really makes a difference. Twin Peaks was a National Forest campground in the same area, and was a lot of fun.

Covered Bridge, a NF campground on the Kank, is almost guaranteed to have a bear visit.

Good luck.

I live in NH about 1.5 hours south of Jefferson (Santa's Village).

The campground that Disneynutbsv is referring to is called: The Lantern Resort. They have a motel/hotel in front and campground in the back. It's a small campground, very clean, 2 heated pools, activities for the kids, large playground, campfires and hot tubs. The have a website: http://www.thelanternresort.com/

It's walking distance to Santa's Village. We go every Memorial Day weekend.

As for Story Land. We too want to go there and haven't found a campground yet. Story Land is in Glen, NH on the other side of the mountain from Jefferson. I think it will take you 45 min to 1 hour from Jefferson to Glen.

Hope this helps.

Up near Santa's village we stayed at Rodgers campground and motel many years ago but was very happy.
Absolutly beatiful views

leprechaun said:
Up near Santa's village we stayed at Rodgers campground and motel many years ago but was very happy.
Absolutly beatiful views
Rodgers is a very nice campground in Lancaster, Nh.

Thanks mac and us for getting the name of the hotel and campground. you'd think I'd remember seeing how I grew up there, lol.

also, want to point out that North Woodstock/Lincoln Nh area have some great camping area's as well.

Disneynutbsv said:
I grew up in Jefferson where Santa's Village is. They have a great campground nearby. Also, by Storyland (actually pretty much right beside) is another great campground. I wish I could remember the names though. Twin Mountain is nice, not much to do though.

There is a campground near Storyland called Glen Ellis campground. It's pretty nice. We're heading there in July. The website is www.glenelliscampground.com.

Mac and Us said:
I live in NH about 1.5 hours south of Jefferson (Santa's Village).

The campground that Disneynutbsv is referring to is called: The Lantern Resort. They have a motel/hotel in front and campground in the back. It's a small campground, very clean, 2 heated pools, activities for the kids, large playground, campfires and hot tubs. The have a website: http://www.thelanternresort.com/

It's walking distance to Santa's Village. We go every Memorial Day weekend.

As for Story Land. We too want to go there and haven't found a campground yet. Story Land is in Glen, NH on the other side of the mountain from Jefferson. I think it will take you 45 min to 1 hour from Jefferson to Glen.

Hope this helps.

I can also vouch for the Lantern Resort. We stayed there three years in a row. The year we visited Story Land we stayed at a place called The Beach in Conway, NH. That place was nice, right near a creek, but had a weird rule about not walking your dog through the campground -- your dog has to be carried or driven to the pet-walking area on the outskirts of the campground .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter