Has anyone bought laminate flooring from Sam's Club?

Claire&TheBoys

The Queen of the Castle!
We're looking to replace our old flooring and have been looking at getting laminate. Sam's Club has a couple of different ones and we found one we really like, sold under the Traditional Living brand. I checked online reviews on the website and it gets mostly good reviews, but I'm always looking for more information. If you have it, do you like it? Has it worn well? Did you install it yourself and if so, was it very hard to do?

Thanks for any info you can give me! :goodvibes

We do. Ours is only about 2 years old and it has held up well with 3 kids and a dog. Ours is in the kitchen so a very high traffic area. My Dad installed it which took about a day (big area) he did not seem to have issues putting it in. We like it and expect to keep it until we can afford a whole kitchen remodel

I have laminate flooring in the living room and dining room. Best decision ever! Especially with dogs!

We've gotten all our laminate flooring at Sam's. Super easy to install...my DH has done it all himself. Looks great and wears well.

We did for a few years. It was great, and so pretty. Unfortunately, we had a flood in our house and the water was trapped under the laminate, so we had to rip it out. :(

We have laminate in our Dinning, living and family rooms. We installed it ourselves. It took one day for the living/dinning room. It looks beautiful and us great with 2 cats and a dog. They clean up easy. I am a big fan if using bleach and water to clean and they gave held up great for the past 10 years.

We did for a few years. It was great, and so pretty. Unfortunately, we had a flood in our house and the water was trapped under the laminate, so we had to rip it out. :(

exact same situation! ours made it almost 3 years with no problems, then we had the flood and had to redo things.

Be sure you learn the difference between laminate and engineered hardwood.

Our Sam's sells both, and the laminate flooring I have seen is 'ok' quality, but not great. The engineered hardwood however looked extremely well made.

My in-laws installed laminate flooring around the same time I met my wife (about 8 years ago) and it has not held up well. They have had a number of dogs over the last 8 years, and the dogs have not been good for the laminate flooring, and the laminate flooring was not good for one of the dogs (hip problems). It has buckled in places and the finish has peeled back in other places - always as a result of the dogs (from drinking/splashing their water) and puppy puddles that went undiscovered for a couple hours. (My MIL is a neat freak, so it is entirely possible that she over-cleaned the floors... no lie.... just being honest!)

They hold up about as well as carpet - you just can't see how nasty and dirty carpet is getting though. I have always hated carpet.

I am going to buy the really cheap grade hardwood from one of the lumber clearance stores one of these days....install it... paint it a really dark color... rough it up... and call it a day. Less than $1.00 per sqft - and an upscale finish (if done right!).

Be sure you learn the difference between laminate and engineered hardwood.

Our Sam's sells both, and the laminate flooring I have seen is 'ok' quality, but not great. The engineered hardwood however looked extremely well made.

My in-laws installed laminate flooring around the same time I met my wife (about 8 years ago) and it has not held up well. They have had a number of dogs over the last 8 years, and the dogs have not been good for the laminate flooring, and the laminate flooring was not good for one of the dogs (hip problems). It has buckled in places and the finish has peeled back in other places - always as a result of the dogs (from drinking/splashing their water) and puppy puddles that went undiscovered for a couple hours. (My MIL is a neat freak, so it is entirely possible that she over-cleaned the floors... no lie.... just being honest!)

They hold up about as well as carpet - you just can't see how nasty and dirty carpet is getting though. I have always hated carpet.

I am going to buy the really cheap grade hardwood from one of the lumber clearance stores one of these days....install it... paint it a really dark color... rough it up... and call it a day. Less than $1.00 per sqft - and an upscale finish (if done right!).

Thanks for the info. We don't have dogs, just cats (one inside, one inside/outside), so that's not a concern. Our Sam's just has laminate, as far as I can tell. From what I've read, hardwood isn't really an option for us because like most houses in Florida, we're on a slab foundation (no crawl space, no basement, just built directly on the poured foundation). Laminate can "float" on it with underlayment.

We have Sams Club laminate in our entire house. We got the pre-backed kind and installed it right over the plywood. We had an old carport that is enclosed and it had a concrete floor. We put roofing felt down under the laminate (per the flooring guys at Lowes) as a water barrier and it has held up perfectly for going on 3 years now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter