Has anyone booked Aulani yet?

fatboylojo

Earning My Ears
Hola to all!

I have been wondering if anyone has booked for Aulani yet?
We are considering purchasing into the DVC - most likley SSR resale points(due to the $ point)

We have been pondering Purchase a contract with a Feb UY and look use older/banked points for a Jan trip to Aulani and get married -or- just rent points.

We like the idea of buying in to DVC, although we are dissappointed in the new rules imposed by DVC on resold points.

Any suggestions, experience or thoughts on the subject?

Aulani availability in Jan 2012 1 bedroom or studio.

Thanks for reading and posting!
Joe

We booked for June of 2012 a 1 bedroom oceanview for the 4 of us. It is one of our home resorts and we are so excited!
Elizabeth

Yes! We go in November. I had all choices of rooms and views when I booked, and even when I made some changes a month or so ago. DH and I don't think booking at Aulani will ever be an issue. Even people who buy there may not go every year due to airfare costs, etc. We like owning at OKW due to the fact that we know we will always be at WDW but won't always go to Oahu as we love Maui way too much.

Awsome!
It looks absolutley marvelous!

Have you any regrets about your purchase into DVC?

Good Luck and Happy traveling.... JOE

No regrets but I did lots of homework and visited the resorts I was interested in. That is how we knew OKW was for us. Then we added on at DL at GCV since we are on the west coast. That has worked out so well and we would never get in without the 11 month booking window. If we really love Aulani, maybe we'll get points to go there every 2-3 years. ;)

I did call, a 2BR, ocean view, magic season, 89 points a night! That's $890 at $10 a point.

No thanks!

The studios and 1BR units (non-ocean view) are pretty reasonable to me. When we stay in Maui at the Westin Ka'anapali we always have ocean view, and really, it doesn't matter to us. So for Aulani we booked pool/garden I believe. I can see the ocean when I am outside which is every minute other than when we are sleeping. ;)

It seems that people are getting rooms at Aulani at the 7 month mark. Just a word of caution, though, if you are planning on buying now in hopes to still get something for Jan 2012.

Resale purchases average 6 weeks from start to finish. Even if you put in an offer today, you are talking mid to late September by the time you are an owner and in the Disney system to make reservations. At that point, you would only be 4 months out and getting something with that kind of notice will be harder.

But, I think over the long term, getting Aulani at 7 months, with SSR points, if you are flexible in what you want, will be okay.

We just booked a 2 bedroom at the 7 month window. It will be our kids spring break. I love my DVC!!!!!:thumbsup2

I booked my thanksgiving week aulani at the 11m mark. At the time I booked the least points room. Then about a 2 months ago, I thought I want to see the ocean so I called fingers crossed hoping they had ocean view studio and they did YAHOO.
Today I just called to see if I can change my ressie to a 1 bedroom. I'm thinking I want a full kitchen for our week stay. They have it available in all views. This is for thanksgiving week this year.
FYI - I checked the hotel website and here is my comparison my points are 171 (studio ocean view) or $1710 (at $10) and the hotel charge was 3500 for a garden view. Plus DVC members don't pay for parking which is an extra $35 per day. I always get a rental car in hawaii. We like to go and visit all over.

I can't wait for my vacation at Aulani!:cool1:

Thank You so much for the Information "Taysmom"

I didnt know about the "No Parking charge for DVC Members"
This is definetly a significant savings!

Happy Travels!

Joe

Just a little bit longer til we're there.

September 14th can't get here fast enough. We went for a 1BR ocean view for our first trip there, can't wait.

We booked at the seven month window for a one bedroom ocean view for November 1-8
. We have previously visited every island and plan to spend the majority of our time relaxing at Aulani.
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter