Has anyone booked a Grand Floridian photo session?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sheilag, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sheilag

sheilag Mouseketeer

I'm curious to know if others have had the experience, and how it went. Please share any experiences and/or tips.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sheilag

sheilag Mouseketeer

I take it no one has done this yet? Apparently, you can load it onto your Disney photopass. I was just curious to see if it worked well... guess I'll be a guinea pig on this one.

4. Disneyaunt4

Disneyaunt4 <font color=red>I wonder what they put in that wax

WHen are you going? I will be very interested to hear how it was.

5. sandybobandy

sandybobandy DIS Veteran

Nope, but I plan to do it for our trip next month. Looking forward to it :)

6. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* Mouseketeer

We have one booked for Thursday before our dinner at Narcoossee's:banana: :banana: . Still a bit confused about how this works, but I will find out soon enough!!!!

7. Leigha

Leigha DIS Veteran

I'm confused on the price. Is it about $45 and then of course add the cost of the photo pass on top of that??

8. bradk

bradk She runs to get away from you.

there have been reports that if you pre-order the photoCD for $100 and bring evidence of such, they'll waive the $50 fee

9. Tinkerbell_Tiffany

Tinkerbell_Tiffany DIS Veteran

anyone have more info? number?

10. bradk

bradk She runs to get away from you.

from my photopass primer at http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass :

11. juttawdw

juttawdw Mouseketeer

I just booked it, when you pre purchased the photo pass cd, you get the shoot for free.

12. Tinkerbell_Tiffany

Tinkerbell_Tiffany DIS Veteran

just booked it! yay!

13. lisaj

lisaj DIS Veteran

Hi when you phoned did you just tell them your pre-payment code to book? I have already got my code but not yet booked a photo session. How far in advance can you book? Might give them a ring next week. :goodvibes

14. renessa

renessa <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

When I booked they told me that they were only booking a month out, but let me book Sept 26 around Aug 20. So maybe all of Sept??

They didn't ask me for my pre-purchase code, but I'm going to print the email and bring it with me in case I need it.

15. js

js This is my Tag!

Can anyone please tell me can you request and actual date/time for your photoshoot? My mother is taking my dd to Disney next August for her 8th grade graduation gift and staying Concierge at the GF.

My mother doesn't remember or take lots of pictures and I think this would be great for them while there.

If I can request the specific date/time, I could request this for a "down" day.

Thank you very much.

16. Skylarr29

Skylarr29 <font color=blue>Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy

Yes, you do schedule a specific date and time.

17. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

I think I need to do this for my trip at Christmas, it would definitely make a great Christmas Card picture. Is the preorder CD just a test item or is it going to be around for a while, because I'd like to go on and order it now for my trip in Dec.

18. RNR&TOT

RNR&TOT Earning My Ears

I'm thinking of doing this in January -- does anyone know what time the first appointment in the morning is? I would love to do this BEFORE the parks open one day.

19. madenon

madenon Mouseketeer

JS; yes it's on appointment.

RNR&TOT; the first option they offered me for my trip (only 8 more days to go) was ANYtime I liked, starting from 8.00 am and not mentioning an ending time for the evening. At that point they only had a 7 pm appointment for the day I wanted, so I was free to pick whatever I liked.

20. aj2hall

aj2hall Mouseketeer

I just called for our Dec trip and they're not booking appointments yet. The CM suggested I call back in 3-4 weeks.

21. Matthews4Disney

Matthews4Disney Mouseketeer

Does anyone know where they might be taking the pictures? How are you planning to dress your kids - would you go casual or dressy? Maybe a simple white dress for girls and a white polo and khaki shorts for boys? What do you think? I might go ahead and pre-pay for the Photopass CD b/c I know we are going to get it anyway. That way I could get this photo session hopefully for no additional charge. Has anyone confirmed on the phone with a CM that they waive the shoot fee if you have that receipt? Thanks in advance for any advice/info!