Has anyone been to Universal Studios Orlando in their wheelchair? I just read the FAQ and queue restrictions.

Hi. My DH, my mother and myself just got back last week from a trip to Universal. We did not stay on site, so I cannot attest to transportation via the boats.........

I used my power wheelchair through every queue without any problems. Of course, in some queues a cast member will direct you through an alternate route so that you can take an elevator to bypass the stairs at some attractions.

You shouldn’t have any trouble with your power wheelchair at the parks.
That’s interesting (and encouraging) since Universal’s Riders Guide for each park and website say that none of their lines accommodate ECVs or power wheelchairs (except Hogwarts Express).A658B684-DFCE-449E-AB81-6E5246FD8E73.jpeg

Hi, Sue. I know, right. That is what I saw too. I wonder if they think the wheelchair kwdietrich1 and I use may look more the size of a manual wheelchair than a larger power wheelchair?

I don't know, but just guessing.

That’s interesting (and encouraging) since Universal’s Riders Guide for each park and website say that none of their lines accommodate ECVs or power wheelchairs (except Hogwarts Express).View attachment 420762

Ray,
What the multiple CMs explained to my mother and me is that my chair can make the tight turns in some of the queues, whereas an EVC or even a personal scooter could get stuck. And I have to agree to some degree. Not all, but some of the lines had a narrow sharp turn that my mother’s small pride 3 wheel scooter would have difficulty navigating. I was puzzled why they made some of the queues so narrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter