Has anyone been to Marriott World Center lately?

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We have a conference to attend at the Marriott World Center in November. We typically rent a home in Windsor Palms when we come to Disney but will probably want to stay at the host hotel for this conference rather than having to travel back and forth each day.

I was just curious what to expect. Many years ago we went over there just to look around but I don't remember it at all. Anything good or bad I need to know?

The whole hotel has recently completed a renovation. The new pool area is a huge upgrade from what it was, in my opinion. Plenty of restaurants on site. Just a quick drive to the Disney gate. We like the World Center.

Thank you Matt. We may or may not stay there depending on the convention rate. I checked the regular rates this morning and they are definitely out of my price range. If they get a decent group rate I'd consider it. I'd much rather stay where the convention is being held, but not if it's going to cost me $200/night.

Our favorite area hotel!!! We love it's large size, the pool complexes, and the many restaurants! PP is right and it just underwent a MAJOR reno. Don't miss Mikados… SO GOOD! Request a pool view on a high floor and you can watch the Epcot fireworks.

We were there in Sept., and had a great time. If you like cocktails, try the Blueberry Lemonade at the pool bar. It wasn't cheap, but it was memorable!

Watch out for all the extra fees. Daily parking fee. Resort fee. Wifi fee.

I did not like the parking situation. You have to take a shuttle back from parking. If you leave something in the car it turns out to be a 30/45 adventure.

Watch out for all the extra fees. Daily parking fee. Resort fee. Wifi fee.

I did not like the parking situation. You have to take a shuttle back from parking. If you leave something in the car it turns out to be a 30/45 adventure.
Thanks. I did see that they have a $22/day resort fee. I hate when they pull that garbage. Just raise the room rate. Don't make it sound artificially low when there are mandatory fees added to it. Just tell me how much the room is going to cost.
Any idea how much parking is? And is it the same whether you are staying there or just visiting? If we opt to stay elsewhere, I want to know that to factor that in to what we'll be spending.

Oh that's true, we just stayed put when we were there...3 days of chillin'... :-)

You can walk. We're big walkers, so when we did go to LEGOLAND the one day, it wasn't a huge deal to get back, but again, all of us are very used to walking far...

When we were last there, the parking garage shuttle runs like every few minutes. You can also walk to the garage if you like. You basically walk through the conference wing of the hotel to get to the garage. It isn't a bad walk. But the most important thing about parking in the garage is remembering to write down where you parked. Trust me, just jot it down in your smartphone or you will not remember come morning.

I just looked at booking here with Marriott points for a free week but with parking and resort fee it would be an extra $54 a day. We went with the Marriott time share next door that has no extra fees and can use the Marriott World facility for free.

I just looked at booking here with Marriott points for a free week but with parking and resort fee it would be an extra $54 a day. We went with the Marriott time share next door that has no extra fees and can use the Marriott World facility for free.
What is the name of that Marriott time share next door? Thanks.

I would also suggest looking into Sabal Palms… it's not a far walk from the hotel and it has free parking and use of all the World Center amenities.

You can opt out of the shuttle to/from the parks and you won't be charged the fee, just pay for parking, Wi-Fi, etc, separately). However, the fee usually ends up being cheaper.

You also can just pay the fee and take the shuttle to/from the parks and not have to rent a car.

We never take the shuttle to the parking garage, it's a REALLY easy and quick walk.

Thanks. I did see that they have a $22/day resort fee. I hate when they pull that garbage. Just raise the room rate. Don't make it sound artificially low when there are mandatory fees added to it. Just tell me how much the room is going to cost.
Any idea how much parking is? And is it the same whether you are staying there or just visiting? If we opt to stay elsewhere, I want to know that to factor that in to what we'll be spending.
Just to clarify, WiFi is included with the resort fee, as is transportation to/from the parks (if you look here under "Highlights" you can see what all is included). The parking fee is $17/day, which you can USUALLY have waived (if you're staying on property) if you ask with a smile on your face :) I believe the rate is the same for guests and visitors, as it is technically run by a third party service.

Should be $39. Resort Fee is $22 and Parking is $17. Rewards members can almost always get parking waived.

Rewards members can almost always get parking waived.
Interesting. How would one go about requesting that? Will the parking lot attendant do it? Do you need to ask at the front desk/concierge?
What about the resort fee? Is it possible to avoid that? I'm guessing it includes amenities we aren't going to want anyway.

Interesting. How would one go about requesting that? Will the parking lot attendant do it? Do you need to ask at the front desk/concierge?
What about the resort fee? Is it possible to avoid that? I'm guessing it includes amenities we aren't going to want anyway.
I ask when checking in. Like I said, always ask with a smile, and no expectation of them doing it. I think they are less inclined to do it when someone feels like they are entitled to it (not in any way suggesting that you are, just making the point). When most resort-style Marriott's in Orlando started charging resort fees (and they were late to the party in Orlando) I've usually only had luck having one of them waived.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter