• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone been to Disney in the second week of May?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
I looked up the touring plans and the days from May 6 - May 11 are all 6. From 12 - 14 they go to a 7. I am wondering what to expect? Would it be worth it to pull the kids out of school? (They have 2 days off that week so they would miss 3.) Are we going to gain anything over early June where the levels are listed as 7 and 8's? I am guessing the weather will be about the same in May as in June. HOT! Anyone who has traveled during early May tell me what you thought! Thanks! :teeth:

I was there May 8 - 14. It was great. I can't compare it to June, so I can't help you there. I can tell you that the busiest day of my week there was Friday the 13th, when standby lines for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad were 65 or 70 minutes. Even on Monday the 9th there was like a 60 minute standby wait for Peter Pan. But Dumbo was only 20 minutes.

Our first park was MGM on Sunday the 8th; we got there around 5:30 p.m., waited in line at Playhouse Disney for the 6:00 p.m. (final) show. We had dinner, and then after that (it was EMH night) we didn't wait in line longer than 5 minutes for anything. We walked right into 3-D Muppetvision and Star Tours, and we waited less than 5 minutes for Rock n' Roller Coaster.

-- Eric :earsboy:

I've been there twice during the second week of May and wouldn't hesitate to return again at that time. The weather was definitely hot, one year it never got below 92 the whole week, but there was virtually no rain, so we were happy. As far as crowds, we never ran into any problems whatsoever. We occasionally used FP, but most rides were less than a 10-minute wait. I think it's a great time to go.

We've been there as well in the second week of May and really enjoyed it with the exception of the HEAT! The crowds were NO problem and evenings were awesome when the sun went down. Just plan on drinking lots of water for the heat, but as far as anything else goes....YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

Have a great trip! :cool1:

we went the second week of May 2 years ago and it was wonderful! The weather was great, there were low crowds(we did everything we wanted to in MK in one day and were back to the hotel by 6pm) and it seemed like there were characters everywhere. If we could go back in May again, we would in a heartbeat.

We were there May 7-14 2005. We had a great time. We did not have any problems with crowds. It was definately busier on the weekend though. The weather was hot but it was nothing like when we went in June. We love going in May and we are going back again in May 2006.

Thanks everyone! I will check and make sure that school is really going to get those 2 days off (one is the school picnic). I think I am safe as far as hockey playoff timing so I may just have found our week! Now I just need a good code! :goodvibes

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo We go the same week, or the same week equivalent, every year. This past May turned out to be May 11-21. It was excellent. The longest we waited for anything was 10, maybe 15 minutes. If it's longer by some chance, grab a FP. There's no way I'd say it was a 7. Plus, the Flower and Garden Festival is so beautiful. It shouldn't be missed. The 21st and after, however (the day we left and the day after A LOT of schools got out) was complete chaos! LoL. 10 minute waits went to 90! It was crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter