Has Anyone Been Denied Boarding?

Wendylet

Earning My Ears
So my daughter and two grandchildren and I have a short trip to DLR booked for Dec 15-20. I have come down with a virus (not covid-been tested) but I feel like I will be better by the time we travel in approximately 1 week. One of the grandchildren is starting to get a runny nose and the other seems to be sneezing a bit. We are most worried about my daughter who shows no sign of any illness yet. Most worried because she might come down with symptoms closer to when we fly out. We are fully vaccinated and one grandchild has her first dose, and will have the negative pcr test within 1 day of departure. My question is if anyone has been denied boarding because of showing potential covid symptoms? You are not supposed to get on a flight if you are displaying any potential covid symptoms despite having a current negative test. How likely would we be refused should my daughter or granddaughter still have a covid symptom. Wondering if we should just cancel the whole thing!!

This might be helpful: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel If you have COVID symptoms you can "present a medical certificate confirming that your symptoms aren't related to COVID-19" Consider having a doctor's apt scheduled with the negative test results in hand. A doctor that is prepared to give medical notes.
Thanks for that. Yes I suppose that would be an alternative. What a difficult time! You must really need a vacation after all this stuff!!

I saw one vlogger (Angie Bellemare - she's Canadian) post a video months ago where she was denied boarding on her AC flight because she was coughing. That was before testing was a thing though, so they were being a lot more cautious with people who were "symptomatic"

November 2020 I had to fly across province with a mild cough and was super stressed about it since the flight was unavoidable. My test was negative and I brought the results with me just in case and a ton of halls lozenges. No issues boarding, though I got a few looks on the plane when a few coughs weren't suppressed - understandably.

Edit to add: might not be helpful as I know that's different from crossing borders, but thought it worth mentioning since my cough was fairly noticeable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter