Has anyone been at DLR for your anniversary?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to be at DLR in just a couple weeks!! :cool1: We will be celebrating our anniversary a little early. It is in Sept, but Aug was the best month for us. Did you do anything special? Is there anything you would suggest we do to celebrate or that was especially romantic?:lovestruc Thanks!

Happy Early Anniversary. Our anniversary is in September too, and we will be celebrating it at DLR this year. I haven't been on our anniversary before, but have done a lot of research so I might be able to help you out.

Places to eat:
Blue Bayou (waterside seating)
Napa Rose (chef's table)
Steakhouse 55

Things to do:
Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour (or any other tour for that matter)
Dessert seating for Fantasmic!

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, and lots of ideas other Dis members can come up with. :)

I am DH and we are going to BB for lunch one day and doing the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.

Any other ideas?

We have gone to WDW for our 5th, 20th, and 21st
I reccomend lots of photopass kissing photos!
712image069.jpg

We went last summer for our 20th. Kids stayed with the grandparents. We thought about staying at the Grand but then realized we could stay a week somewhere else for the same price and we already had APs, so may as well stay longer. ;)

We went a few weeks after our anniversary date, but we picked a day to celebrate our anniversary. We wore our pins that day and we ate at Steakhouse 55. Loved it! They even brought us a free dessert after.

Anniversary.jpg

No. I really wanted to, but DLR blacked out our DAPs for our anniversary - the whole long weekend. :mad: Something about Valentine's Day, or Presidents' Day, or some such. So we went to Vegas instead :)

We went last year about a month before our actual anniversary. But the trip was an anniversary trip! We wore our buttons all week and we were amazed how almost every CM said "Happy Anniversary". We ate at the BB on the water and it was wonderful. We saw the Aladdin show, had a character breakfast, rode in the Lily Belle all special times for us. You'll love it!

We're going for our one year anniversary in October. We vacationed in WDW (just a Disney family!). I would recommend getting the pins and wearing them around, you'll get lots of comments and stuff from CMs. We are staying at the Marriott with a Disney view lanai room. Dinner at Napa Rose (Hopefully chefs table!). Probably going to do the Halloween tour, or Walk in Walt's Footsteps.

I would recommend maybe getting a good spot for fireworks, those are always romantic, eating at Blue Bayou is good, or Catal or Jazz Kitchen in downtown. Maybe getting your silhouettes done at the shop on main street would be a cool memento. We have some from our first trip to DL together oh so long ago.

I think being at DL is romantic enough, I hope you enjoy!!

We stayed at the Grand Californian and they decorated the bed with rose petals.
0621092147b.jpg

We also ate at Steak 55 and had a wonderful evening.

DH and I went last year. We did the Fantasmic Dessert seating, the segway tour at DCA, ate at Blue Bayou and rode the Lilly Belle. We had a great time! :goodvibes

We went to DW last year when it was our anniversary. We got pins from guest services that said We're Celebrating our Anniversary. At guest services the CM put in a call and Mickey sang Happy Anniversary to us over the phone. He put it on speaker phone so our kids could hear. Every CM we passed said Happy Anniversary. Belle at our princess supper made a really big deal out of it. Trash (the talking garbage can) rolled up to us and wanted to know all about our anniversary and then he sang "Happy Anniversary" to us. On the second day my DH actually wanted to take off his pin as he felt he was getting too much attention from it!!!:)

Me and DH are coming to spending our 10th wedding anniversary in DL in September. We are having 5 days at Disney in the middle of a 18 day holiday which also includes San Diego and Las Vegas.

I too being the planner am looking for things to help make the day special and hope that WOC WILL be showing the night of our anniversary.

DH & I will be celebrating 15 magical years at Disneyland this August. It is a special place for us as Disneyland is where we spent our honeymoon. We have our three boys now so it will be a bit different. I am planning to get Anniversary pins for one day. We are also celebrating my rather large birthday whilst we are there. :)

We have decided against BB as the menu is a bit limited for the vegetarians in our family. We also ate in the Disneyland Paris version for DH's birthday in March.

I have booked the Discover the Magic tour, Fantasmic dessert and WOC picnic. So although this is very much a family trip I am sure we will fit in some romance along the way.

Our anniversary is in September too. We actually got married at the PPH. We would go visit the hotel gazebo, that is until they tore it down to put in a water slide:sad1:. We like to eat breakfast at Carnation Cafe and a say hi to Oscar and just spend the day enjoying each other's company at the Happiest Place on Earth. I don't think it matters what you do as long as you are together.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter