• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone been able to book DME for November on?

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I thought I posted this the other day, but I guess it went to taht mystery place where posts disappear to sometimes...

Anne

I think I remember someone saying that DME was asking people to book about 3 months out, at the earliest. 2 months might be better. I'm going down on Nov 30 and I'll be making my DME reservations the end of Sept.

The reason I'm asking is that I was told by a fairly reliable source that they would start charging sometime in November. I don't know if they could just change midstream, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't tell people "Sorry, we're charging starting "X" date, and if you don't want to pay, then make other arrangements".

Anne

ducklite said:
The reason I'm asking is that I was told by a fairly reliable source that they would start charging sometime in November. I don't know if they could just change midstream, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't tell people "Sorry, we're charging starting "X" date, and if you don't want to pay, then make other arrangements".
According to the publicity for Disney's Magical Express, it will be complimentary during the Happiest Celebration on Earth -- through the end of 2006.

After that, there's no official word on whether the service will remain complimentary or whether there will be a charge.

I'm booked for November 10-13 and nobody said anything about a charge. Yet.

I booked two weeks ago for Dec. 3rd - 10th. My TA checked on the arrangements for me and said it is all set. I haven't received the tags yet. Must be way too early for that. :wave2:

We booked ME for Jan.2-10 a couple of weeks ago. We booked through disney and they said to call as soon as you have your flight information.

I was told when I called this week to follow up on ME reservations I had made online for an early Nov. trip that (1)if you are staying on DVC points you have to make your reservations thru DVC (which of course was not mentioned on the Disney ME site where I entered all my info...and I even got an email confirm!) and (2)that until "about 40 days from your arrival(the CM's words), the reservations we think we have all made cannot be "seen" in the Disney system, which makes it a little tough to follow up or confirm them...unless you wait til closer to your trip. (And, sure enough, even though I had entered flight info for three people, the CM said she couldn't find anay record of my arrangements but assured me that it did not mean they had not been mae...yeah, right) Odd that someone said their TA confirmed for a much later trip but, if there is one thing that frustrates me about Disney, it's that there seems to be so much inconsistency in their procedures/policies/communications. Anyway, I am planning to just call in all of the rest of the info(large group!) and will not be in any hurry to do it to avoid the likelihood of having to do it twice! I agree with others that the service will be free for a while yet.

I booked DME for our trip in May 2006 and we're all set. I even called back to make a modification to our resort reservation and the CM noted that I was all set for ME as I had already provided our flight information.

I believe it is Nov when they will start charging..but Nov of 2006!!! That is if they decide to start charging. If/when they do, I think you will see more people going back to towncars. Even if it's only $25 pp, if you have a family of 4 that makes a towncar look nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter