• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone actually booked the AAA rates? UPDATED

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
I just had CRO tell me there were not actually in the system yet for Feb 2003. they should be in the next day or two. :confused:

I booked the AAA rate on Monday for our June 2003 stay. Saved me $260 over rack rate at garden view concierge at the Poly

I called back again and they said there is a note in the system stating "do not book until Aug 01"
so I guess I will call back in the morning.
I am trying to book Feb 2003
;)

Disney Kim,

I called two days ago and was told the same thing. Not til 8/1.

But she put the code in anyway and it worked. I booked AKL for a 10% discount for May of 2003.

I would call back

I hate that they ask your name and zip code because she prob made notes that I asked about the discounts and now they won't tell me till tomorrow. its all a conspiracy !! ;)

I booked AAA rates for a March trip through CRO without any problem. When I tried to book a July trip through WDTC today, I was told the AAA rates were not available until August 1. After some sweet-talking, the CM went ahead and booked the AAA rates for July for me.
I'd suggest calling back and trying again. With so many booking these before August 1, I'd hate for them to be all taken before they are officially available.

I don't know anything about AAA. Does anyone know how much it is? Is it a better discount than DC? Can you use DC and AAA?

Thanks for the help!

I can't remember exactly how much it costs to join AAA. I have 3 members of our family on our membership. You could call or log on to their web site and find out. As far as the differences between AAA and DC discounts, they are comparable to each other. You can only use one or the other, not both. I have both memberships but decided to use the AAA discount for our Jan. 2003 trip because I liked the AAA payment policy better. AAA requires one night's deposit and balance at check in. DC requires $100 deposit and payment in full 21 days before check in. As far as memberships go for each, they have more than paid for themselves in my case. DS had to use AAA to be towed just this past weekend (away at college), and we have gotten other lodging discounts elsewhere. I also purchased discount Universal tickets through my AAASouth office. We have used DC for discounts on rooms, passes, meals, and Downtown Disney shopping. Just my experience!

I know that you can not apply the new codes to ASMovies, but can you use an AAA discount for Movies?? thanks,,,corvair amy

I think, but don't know, that you can use the AAA discount at any of the resort properties, but that there are limits on the number of rooms offered at AAA rates at each. I think it will just depend on whether the AAA rates are still available. May be wrong, but I think that's how it works. You could certainly call CRO and check.

Book our Feb 2003 vacation on th 29th using AAA. Got 5 nights for 345.00 for 2 adults one 5yr old and on infant.

Christina

Book our Feb 2003 vacation on th 29th using AAA. Got 5 nights for 345.00 for 2 adults one 5yr old and on infant. We are staying at the All Star Movies.

Christina

I got the AAA rates this morning no problem. ;)

For early February:
Polynesian gard view concierge $368 w/tax
Boardwalk Inn waterview $339 w/ tax

these were $60 per night savings over the rack rate. its a start.

now waiting for the codes to come out this fall and save a little more. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter