Has any one used Code AU02?

jdm_dkm

Mouseketeer
I got $215 out the door (169.00 base rate) for 1 week mini van at Thrifty using code AU02. The reservation does not stipulate any special requirements.

Has anyone returned from a trip where they used this code? Any problems?

When something sounds to good to be true...it usually is.

I used a similar code for Thrifty back in March. $79 a week for a economy car. No problem whatsoever. I also joined their Blue Chip program to speed things up and not have to worry about being delirious and accidentally saying I wanted additional insurance. Things were simple, smooth, and I booked them again for October.

I was looking at that code tonight. What a great deal! I'm going to use it for our November trip.

I have booked it for December and hoping to hear that people are using it with no problems. And you are right, there are no special stipulations about using the code anywhere, I looked and looked.

Anyone else?

We are also using the code for the great rate on the minivan. My understanding is the mousesavers does not post a code unless anyone can use it, unless the restrictions are clearly stated (Am Express rate, Visa card rate etc...)

When I did a search last week, there were a couple posts about people who had used the code with no problem...

I have an economy booked in 3 weeks using that code. I will let you know.

I have not signed up for Blue Chip. Is it too late? Is it worth it? Faster getting car and less hassle with them trying to sell you insurance, etc? I just hate having my credit card on file, but I guess they will have it in three weeks anyway.

I have another economy booked for December. We might use a towncar it just depends on how well we like Thrifty. So, if we like them and this code keeps coming up @ $79 base then maybe signing up for blue chip would be okay. Any other perks for signing up with Blue Chip?

Just so you know, the AU02 code is through NWA. My suggestion to play it safe if you use it is to go to the website and apply for a World Perks Card (it is the airlines reward card, not a cc), that way if you have a problem, at least you are a member.

I just got back and used Thrifty. I believe I used the AU02 code when booking. In the fine print of the agreement it states "Wal-Mart card qualifications: Customer must have $600 available credit and estimated amount of rental. Renter must be the Primary Wal-Mart Account Holder." I did not have a wal-mart credit card and was never asked for anything. I orginally made the reservation and then saw all the info on the blue chip so I signed up for the blue chip and then redid the reservation and cancelled my previous one. I had made my reservation for 9 days I rented a minivan (It ended up being a grand caravan - which made us very happy as we had 7 pieces of luggage and 5 adults. We arrived at around 1 pm on July 31st and it was quite busy with a line at the regular pickup area. There is a special line for blue chip which we went straight to and we were 2nd in line. As we were standing there I saw a person fairly upset as they told her it would take 40 min. for her minivan to be ready. I looked at my dh and went wow..........that better not be us.........they get to us and never a word about insurance.........no trying to get us to sign anything extra...........I talk to the guy about the fact that our flights got changed and we may be back in 8 days and he said it would be adjusted if that is the case. With in 5 minutes we are sitting in our minivan and off to the Portofino!!! (We did check the car over carefully as there were a few dings and a cigarette burn inside the vehicle) We had no problems what so ever!! On the return we ended up a little late (1 1/2 hrs) to get the 8 days but they did not charge me for the full 9 days but not exactly 8 but I was happy since it was less than the $301.46 I was quoted.........I paid $278.50..........we got a little nervous as we were cutting it a bit short on the return- we forgot how long it took to get to the airport........We had no problem on the return. Pulled in the guy printed out the cost..........signed............pulled the luggage over and a suttle pulled right up and off we were to the airport. I would rate the experience very good and it saved us a lot on car rental! Both my dh and I said we would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter