Has any Annual Passholders gotten their magic bands yet?

I had to call, they told me mine are scheduled to be shipped on the 1st, should get them by end of week ... finally!

If I understand you correctly, you shouldn't have a 60 day window anymore since you don't have an upcoming resort stay. This is exactly what I would assume would happen. Shouldn't it be?

But I DO have an upcoming resort stay (just not within 60 days). Others are posting that, as AP holders, they STILL have a 60-day window after having a PREVIOUS resort stay but no UPCOMING resort stay. I DID have a 60-day window for future FP+ reservations, even AFTER my last resort stay but without having an UPCOMING resort stay, UNTIL I ordered my AP MagicBands and now I only have a 30-day window :confused3 I'm not saying I SHOULD have a 60-day window but others do WITHOUT having a future resort stay so, yet again, it's an inconsistency with the system.

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived on Monday. It came with a black card instead of the gold one.

My AP expires in April, so I renewed it today. As soon as I renewed it, I went to the MagicBands page of MDE and had the option to order ANOTHER band. Now I will have 5 MBs. At least I can coordinate them with my outfits. :)

I am joining in on this thread to maybe get some help with AP and MB/FP+ This will be our first time buying AP. We have a trip planned for May and then again in November. I thought that your AP start when you first walk through a park? Is this not the case? I was going to order our AP's this weekend and then link them right away since we can book FP+. Can someone help me understand this better.

You should get a voucher code upon buying your AP, which you can link to MDE and use for FP+ reservations 30 days before arrival. When you get there go to guest services and exchange the voucher card (or use the number) to get your AP and activate starting that day.

You won't get a MagicBand until after you return from the first visit.

I find it somewhat stupid that offsite guests are going to be able to buy a MB starting next week but new AP holders have to wait until after their first visit to get their MB.

Mine are out for delivery today - hopefully everything is correct but I guess we will see.

Stupid question I am sure, but are these activated? Meaning when I get to the park do I have to stop by Guest Services first or can I go straight in since my AP was already activated (this is my second set of MB's)?

Mine are out for delivery today - hopefully everything is correct but I guess we will see.

Stupid question I am sure, but are these activated? Meaning when I get to the park do I have to stop by Guest Services first or can I go straight in since my AP was already activated (this is my second set of MB's)?

MagicBands are active out of the box.

I was able to customize but it gave me the option to decide when to request shipping. I'm not sure if that's because I already had another trip planned with a set going at the same time or not???
Once my trip set shipped the other day, I requested that my AP set ship also so I could use both.
Hoping to get them very soon since I'm 26 days out.

I'm getting conflicting info on here for MBs. Maybe its the in-state out-of-state issue.

I just ordered my APs on Saturday and they automatically linked to my account so I could do FP+ with my onsite stay. I also immediately got my receipt for the order (kind of like any online purchase).

But I see nothing for MBs. I emailed help support, and they wrote back to call IT because the bands may need to be "reset".

So I'm just asking here. For a first time AP, should I get to customize MBs? I'm under the impression that I need to take my voucher to a Disney and activate it with my fingerprint, etc, but that I can still order my MB so I have it in time. I'm 47 days out so I want to give it as much time as possible to ship.

:confused3

jrjankowski8 said:
I'm getting conflicting info on here for MBs. Maybe its the in-state out-of-state issue.

I just ordered my APs on Saturday and they automatically linked to my account so I could do FP+ with my onsite stay. I also immediately got my receipt for the order (kind of like any online purchase).

But I see nothing for MBs. I emailed help support, and they wrote back to call IT because the bands may need to be "reset".

So I'm just asking here. For a first time AP, should I get to customize MBs? I'm under the impression that I need to take my voucher to a Disney and activate it with my fingerprint, etc, but that I can still order my MB so I have it in time. I'm 47 days out so I want to give it as much time as possible to ship.

:confused3

You should already be able to customize... especially if you're 47 days out. They always ship them at 30 days out.

Did you link your AP ticket number to MDE??

I was able to customize but it gave me the option to decide when to request shipping. I'm not sure if that's because I already had another trip planned with a set going at the same time or not??? Once my trip set shipped the other day, I requested that my AP set ship also so I could use both. Hoping to get them very soon since I'm 26 days out.

Confused why would you want to use both magic bands for one trip. All of your bands have your ap linked to them so I don't understand why more than one helps. I have 5 bands along with my husband who has his 5. My daughter and her family of 4 now have 20 bands total. Other than color coordinating them with my outfits it seems a little crazy. Now if I could get more FP with extra bands they would be great but not the case.

You should already be able to customize... especially if you're 47 days out. They always ship them at 30 days out.

Did you link your AP ticket number to MDE??

My AP shows in my account under tickets. But I haven't heard anything from Disney other than the plain receipt for purchase. The receipt email looks just like any other online purchase you'd make, like a Disney Store one, etc.

UPDATE-Just called IT. They said as I had heard. New APs have to be activated on the first day of use when you go to the park. After that your account will show the order for the AP MBs.

Kind of silly as someone here stated that you can't use them until your second trip. Which in my case may be the last of 2014...so my AP MB wont get much use. But no biggie! I'm getting an MB for my resort stay, just not the AP. But you only need one anyway.

We are passholders and received MB for a trip we took in January. We have not received any information about customizing our AP magicbands or anything from Disney about our turn to customize or order. While we were there the other week, my daughter had a issue with her band (she was coming up as a adult, not a child). Once we were home I noticed a notice saying she was ready to customize her "Passholder" Magicband, but no one else. I realize it was because a change was made on her account. We are all bribing her to get her Mickey ears slider :) We are going back in 46 days.

Mine arrived today. Gold card, correct name, wrong exp. date.

Ditto! I've called 6 different CMs with ticketing and DVC member services and haven't gotten the same explanation twice as far as why the error or how it will be corrected. The gold cards I received today expired a month ago.

I just got my AP MB yesterday. I doubt it will get much use, as I usually stay overnight at least when going to the parks, so I'll have a hotel stay MB to use. I've been using the hotel MB's for admission for quite a while now (after a few hiccups when the AP was first loaded), but considering that you have to use the card for parking and discounts, it doesn't really feel all that different.

Mine did come with all the correct data though.

I got mine in the mail last Monday and thought everything was good to go. Then I got an email from Disney a week later saying all of the magic bands were registered to me. So now I have several FL resident magic bands in my names...in case I ever decide to clone myself. :rotfl2:

I do have to say that Disney was very proactive with catching the mistake contacting me and correcting it very quickly.

Ok this may have been answered at some point in this thread but I'm not sifting through 16 pages to find it...sorry

I received mine yesterday. It even has the correct expiration date on the gold card - May 1st.

I'll be renewing it on May 6th (so I can get 3 trips out of it) and then we have trip scheduled starting May 23rd so I don't know if I'll be able to get a new gold card before the trip.
I guess I'll be finding out.

I also can't make FP reservations until after I renew either. Oh well, we'll have to take what we get. There are 4 of us going and once the tickets finally arrive I won't be booking FP+ until I can renew my AP.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest