Has any adult REALY slept on a day bed???

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Since we are becoming a family of 5 i have started to look at the "rooms for 5" in a new light. When you say 5 in a room do you get a roll away or do they really expect someone to sleep on the day bed? I have not physically been in any resort rooms with day beds but they look awefully small.

I slept on the day bed at the AKL last year and it was just as comfortable as the regular
queen bed, although not as big. Basically, day beds are great.:D

The day beds at the Contemporary are the same size as a twin bed - and very comfortable.

The day beds at the Contemporary are great. My father (6'4", some back problems) slept on one and had no issues.

Last year at AKL when both my boys decided to crawl into our king bed, DH ended up sleeping on the day bed. He said it was extremely comfy. He's 5'8".

My son sleeps on the Day when we are at the Poly he is 5'10" and weights 150-160 lbs. He doesn't complain but I have head him bang arms or feet. He has a double bed at home. I think he is a rough sleeper.

Both of my sons (ages 21 and 18) have slept on the daybeds at the BC and GF and were very comfortable.

Debbie

On my last trip, I slept on the daybed at the GF. I'm 5' 8'' and 220 lbs. It was fine, not real comfortable, though. The matress was a little too soft. I also climbed on the one at the CR (same trip) and it seemed a little short but was comfortable.

The Poly's daybed was the most uncomfortable. It squeeked everytime I'd move, and was a little short and narrow.

:)

It depends on the resort on how comfortable the daybed would be for an adult. We have had daybeds at the Contemporary and the Poly and both were large enough for an adult to sleep comfortably. But we have also had daybeds at BWV and YC that were very small, I don't see how an adult could even lie down flat without their feet sticking over the end, let alone sleep comfortably on it.

I have slept on the Polynesian day bed. I'm 5'11" and not that narrow. It was comfortable and I slept very well. My son tried to sleep on the day bed in the Studio Plus at BWV and found it small. He was 6 at the time. It's about cribsized and hard.

Our last visit to POR my DD (5 at the time) decided each night about 2am that her special trundle bed was scary! So I spent about our 7 night stay on the trundle and was fine (except for toes hanging off).
Just incase a moderate was an option.

Thanks all! Yes DXL is always an option,:) . However, when they say 5 at a deluxe can you get a rollaway? I know seaspray got one at CBR. Some of the daybeds just look way to small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter