• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has an exception ever been made for adult Pirate Adventure Cruise with DS with Autism

Disneyformykids

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know or has an exception ever been made for anyone to allow an adult to board Pirate Adventure Cruise to assist child with autism? I think my son with autism would enjoy participating but would require assistance.
Thanks, in advance, for thoughts and ideas.pirate::thumbsup2

There has been a recent thread discussing this. The consensus is: "No, they will not make an exception and will not allow parents on the cruise." However, you can discuss the child's problems with a CM prior to the start of the cruise.

Here is the link to the thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118611 which is now locked as it was discussed to death! Hopefully this will not also require locking.

I am working my way through the WDW bureaucracy to ask about another issue (Fantasmic) but intend to ask about this also. There are strong positions both way as to if having an aid aboard fundamentally changes the nature of the experience for the children and as Cheshire Figment stated it has been fully debated. If I get any additional information I will post it.

bookwormde

One parent did say an exception was made and she was allowed to accompany her son. So it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Perhaps an option for those that need assistance:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm#piratespalscruise

PIRATES AND PALS FIREWORKS VOYAGE

(formerly the Magical Fireworks Voyage)

***This cruise was formerly only available to Grand Gatherings, but is now available to all guests.

This event begins with cookies, snacks and beverages before you "set sail" on your magical voyage where you'll have prime viewing of the Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" and "Electrical Water Pageant."

Before you board, none other than Captain Hook and his hapless first-mate Mr. Smee arrive for some mayhem and photos. Your host for the night is "Patch," a pirate of dubious distinction. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch will have you singing along and challenge you to some Disney Trivia.

Your "ship will set anchor" at the perfect spot overlooking the Magic Kingdom to view "Wishes". From there you return to the pier while Patch regales you with the story of Peter Pan. When you arrive, you'll see that none other than Peter himself is there to greet you.

Price: $53.99 (ages 10 and up) $30.99 (ages 3 - 9)

Reservations: Can be made up to 90 days in advance.

Requirements: Credit card guarantee

48-hour cancellation policy

Meeting location: Noted on the event board in Disney's

Contemporary Resort

We put our sons with autism on the adventure, and the CM's had full knowledge of what they had, triggers, etc. They assigned a CM to them. Off they went, I chewed my nails the whole time but they did great!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter