Has AK grown on you?

wiggles02

Mouseketeer
We have visited AK 3 times and each time I like it even more. I feel very relaxed there, not in a rush to do anything. We just saunter around and enjoy the flora and fauna. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree. The first time we ever went to AK we were like, eh, it's okay. Now I really enjoy it! I did a lot of thing I never did before, like the Jungle Trek, etc. and now that EE is there, it's definitely worth going to. We used to be able to do everything in 3 hours, now we spend a whole day. :thumbsup2

on our last trip (a couple of weeks ago) my husband and I took off by ourselves. I am fortunate that my boys are 13 and 17 years old and they carried a walkie talkie. So they got to go off and do what they wanted while we just strolled through the park. Man what a difference in the amount of stuff you can really see if you aren't breaking your necks hauling yourselves half way across the parks to a certain attraction. We love AK, it is so easy going there.

wiggles02 said:
We have visited AK 3 times and each time I like it even more. I feel very relaxed there, not in a rush to do anything. We just saunter around and enjoy the flora anAnd fauna. Anyone else feel the same?

I totally agree with you on this. It is the most relaxing of the parks, even with Dinosaur and Expedition Everest.

I got to enjoy AK from an EVC this last trip. It puts a whole new perspective on things. Good and Bad

We absolutely loved it this past trip. I liked it last time, too, but this time it was one of our very favorite parks -- tied with the Magic Kingdom. We visited it for 3 full days out of our 8 day trip, and all of us would gladly have stayed even longer every evening! The *only* thing I would have wished different would have been to have it open later in the evenings, though I suppose it needs to close early so the animals get plenty of downtime.

This past august was our first trip. We had heard mixed reviews for AK so we didnt plan much time there. I am really sorry, because we loved that park. We skipped our last day planned at MGM and went to AK instead. I think the atmosphere is just wonderful and there are so many things that you just happen upon, we really thought it was a great park. The screaming monkeys are something my boys still talk about. They are up on poles, in these gazebo looking things. We watched them for about an hour one day!

Nope, LOVED IT from Day One. Just one trip on the Safari was all it took for me to fall in love!

Totally agree with everyone so far.... its grown on us.

It especially started to when we lived in Florida in 2004. We werent rushing. My fiance and I would stroll through the park at our leisure and THATS when we started loving it. :thumbsup2

Yes it has. Honestly before Everest I thought AK was a waste of my time. I was completely bored by it and after 1 hour I was ready to leave.

Now I can spend a half day there and LOVE EVERY MINUTE!

We have always loved AK...However we find it more crowded now with EE. The mad dash to Asia at parki opening was crazy! :crowded:

It is one of the best parks for really interesting and unusual photos (which I live for :love: ) but the park itself is growing on us with each passing visit!!! Very relaxing!! :cloud9:

It is such a bold advance in theming, I respect and admire AK. At the same time, I spend less time there than any other park. I have been going to WDW since before Epcot, MGM, and AK were built, and those parks all took some time to acheive their full measure of magic. I will give AK some more years to take on the the full Disney flavor.:earsboy:

I've loved AK from Day 1. It's a lot different when you go without the kids and you can really take your time and enjoy all of the lush scenery. With the weather cooling down it is the perfect time for a leisurely stroll through AK!

First, it is different...Our family loves the laid back feel of the place....We love feeling like we are on different continents and the kids love the animals. (we visit our local zoo at home 6-8 times a year, for reference)

Second, the food...Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House, etc. We can have a real meal (not chicken strips, hamburgers or hot dogs), but roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, garlic string beans, bbq ribs and chicken, great salads..love that....like hopping into RFC while we are there sometimes too...

I wish they didn't take the Tarzan Rocks! show away, but I'll keep my silence about that :confused3 Nemo ??. Just doesn't work for me......

RichAyers

Like some of the others, I was hooked from Day 1. To me it was so magical walking in & seeing the Tree of Life, that tree still amazes me every trip, I have to stand & stare at it for a long time. It is so relaxing in AK, and the theming & landscaping are fantastic. My dream is to have an entire day ALONE at AK! I downloaded the AK park music from the thread on here & have it playing in a continuous loop on my computer - it's so relaxing & magical! It makes me think I'm right back there looking at the Harambe sign.

I love AK! Be sure to see their live animal show - it's great! Schedule that into your day.

Also, try the Backstage Safari - well worth the time and money!

(PS -- I work as a volunteer at our local zoo, and am lucky enough to work hands-on with 17 different animals doing live animal presentations to the zoo visitors. So, needless to say, I'm pretty picky about stuff like this. But I think Disney does it very well!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter