• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harveys Bags

Tropigal

Mouseketeer
Does anyone own a Harvey's bag? I checked them out a few weeks ago while at DLR. I have two I'm torn between but now am second guessing it because others say they are heavy!

I would most likely get a mini messenger and then use it as a diaper bag. But with diapers and wipes and a few more items along with wallet and phone would it be too heavy? I'd wear it cross body.

Thanks for the info!!!

I have 3; 2 are Disney (Jack & Sally, and Cinderella/Lady Tremaine & Lucifer). Yes, they are heavy. I have never had a small one so I can't compare that to any other crossbody, but the totes and larger are pretty heavy.

I have 3; 2 are Disney (Jack & Sally, and Cinderella/Lady Tremaine & Lucifer). Yes, they are heavy. I have never had a small one so I can't compare that to any other crossbody, but the totes and larger are pretty heavy.

Do you use them regularly?

Do you use them regularly?

I will use them for a baseball game, museum or something where I need to carry a bunch of stuff; my regular "purse" is a Vera Bradley wristlet. I did bring my Jack & Sally to DLR 2 years ago but didn't use it at the park, I used a backpack.

It's not awkward to carry, it just is a heavy bag to begin with and when you load it up with kids stuff, water bottles, etc it gets heavier. It does carry quite a bit, though!

This is the model I have:
http://www.seatbeltbags.com/mickey-loves-minnie-carriage-ring-tote.html

(not the same design, but same style)

That's a cute bag! I am looking at a mini messenger I would wear cross body so I would use it regularly. Weight is only thing from stopping me.

I have three Harvey's bags. Two are Disney. I also have matching wallets which are great for when I don't want to carry the whole bag. The bags are heavier than a leather purse, but they are so durable and well designed that I really like them. And cute, so cute! Even the linings are cute!

I love Harvey's-They can get heavy, and if you get one really bright, the edges can get grubby. Still, they hold up pretty well, and I'm rough on my bags.

I have the bat print Nightmare carriage tote and I love it. From what you're describing, a mini messenger won't cut it, you need a convertible tote. They make regular diaper bags, but man...$$$!

I wouldn't take one on a trip where you're carrying a lot-the weight does your shoulder in. If you need big, roomy and washable, LeSportsac is great.

Erin

Now I am leaning toward the mini messenger for me and then I'll find another type of bag for the diaper bag. DH will be carrying the diaper bag at times and I don't think he'd enjoy carrying a Disney bag as much. But I have a WDW cinch type bag I may test it with! ;)

Thanks for the advice! I am wondering if my Coach wallet will fit in the mini messenger since it's a thick wallet. But if that means I need a new wallet then so be it! lol!!

I have three Harvey's bags. Two are Disney. I also have matching wallets which are great for when I don't want to carry the whole bag. The bags are heavier than a leather purse, but they are so durable and well designed that I really like them. And cute, so cute! Even the linings are cute!

I have the Cinderella/Lady Tremaine Lucifer matching wallet - and another red wallet. The wallets are super sturdy, too (but heavy!)

I almost got the Mickey/Minnie boat tote(?) because it's SO adorable and even cheaper than the ones I already have, but it was SO big, it was almost a travel carry on size.

I have one of the NBC shoulder bags, and it does get heavy, however it holds more than you think it will. Also, per their website:

CLEANING
How do I clean my bag?

For Harveys Seatbeltbags, we recommend that you clean your bag using mild soap and a toothbrush to gently scrub away any dirt. Pure acetone can also be used to clean the seatbelt material, but do not use acetone on the lining of the bag because this will cause damage to it. We don't recommend that you machine-wash or dry clean your bag. Harveys bags made from leather or wool should not be cleaned in this manner. Please contact Customer Service if you have a question about cleaning one of these bags.

Do you offer a cleaning service?

Yes, we do! We call it a "Bag Spa" and your bag will thank you for it! The cost for sending your bag to the Bag Spa is $20 + $10 shipping. Please be aware that not all stains can be removed, but we will do our best to restore your bag to its original condition. Seatbeltstrap totes, rope totes, lace covered and any non-seatbelt surface bag is not suitable for the cleaning service. We recommend cleaning these bags with a colorless detergent and a damp soft cloth. To send your bag in for this service, click here to print and fill out the cleaning form.
You can mail your bag to:

Harveys
Attn: Cleaning
1918 E. Glenwood Place
Santa Ana, CA 92705

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/faq.html#repairs

I just got this super cute Harveys for our upcoming November trip. It's the perfect size for my wallet, camera, sunscreen, park passes, etc... all the little stuff you don't want to dig through a bigger bag for. I've been using a little Baggalini for these things but the strap is almost abrasive and has ruined a few shirts after wearing it all day/night. I can't wait to try this little beauty out!

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/disney-convertible-clutch-bff.html

Very cute! I would have a zillion Disney bags if I could. As it is, I have 2 Harvey's (+ a wallet), 2 Vera Bradley's, a LeSportSac and a Dooney!

I have the NBC wallet and it's heavy. It's durable and super cute, but it adds a lot of weight to my bag. On the up side, I often carry it like a clutch and forego my purse altogether. Whatever you end up with, you should post a picture of, I love the Disney themed purses/wallets.

On one of our Disney trips this past year (either DLR in March or WDW in June), my wife spotted a Harveys for Disney Couture Good vs. Evil Cinderella/Lady Tremaine bag and fell in love with it. We saw it either at one of the shops at Downtown Disney at DLR or maybe the Mouse Gears store at Epcot. Can't remember which. She did not get the bag at the time because she thought it was too pricey.

Well, I'm trying to find one of the Cinderella bags for her for Christmas. Unfortunately, every online source for the bag is sold out. Right now, I'm trying to find out if any of the Disney parks stores still has one in stock. Has anyone seen this bag in one of the park stores recently? If so, could you please let me know so that I can call and see if they still have it in stock?

Thank you so much!

I have two Harvey's bags - a very small one and a pretty good sized one. Neither are Disney. I don't carry them. They are just to heavy.

I love Harveys bags and I wish to grow my collection.. but I can't seem to find any that are in my price range or that I love anymore. I love the older bags!

Thought I'd post an update on my search for the Cinderella/Tremaine Harvey's bag for my wife's Christmas present. The week before Christmas, I was getting desperate. There was only one of these bags that I could find anywhere. It was on eBay, and the seller was asking for $100+ more than MSRP! I balked at first because I thought that was just outrageous. But as time went on and I wasn't having any luck finding the bag elsewhere, I started contemplating the overpriced eBay listing. I was very annoyed with the gouging price, but I was also very nervous about the purchase. How do I know if this is even a genuine Harvey's bag?

The weekend before Christmas, somehow the subject of this bag was brought up, and my wife reaffirmed her desire to have one. Well, that settled it for me. I HAD to get this bag. The Monday before Christmas, as soon as I got into work, the first thing I did was log into eBay to purchase this bag (shhh, don't tell my boss!). I searched for "Harvey's Cinderella" in order to find the eBay listing again. Lo and behold, what should appear before my disbelieving eyes?!?! The VERY FIRST listing was a newly-listed, brand new, never opened, with tags Harvey's Cinderella bag that had just been listed 14 minutes ago. And who was the seller? None other than Harvey's Bags themselves! And what was the "Buy It Now" price? It was listed at 25% off the regular retail price!!!!

Apparently, this bag was meant to be for my wife! I bought it immediately. However, the estimated shipping showed that it wouldn't arrive until the week after Christmas. I emailed the seller and asked about expedited shipping options. They replied, and with a simple phone call, I was able to upgrade my shipping to two-day USPS priority mail and received the bag the day before Christmas!!!

My wife loved the bag, and I was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief!

I had one of the minnie mouse ones from the collection a few years ago. I ended up having a baby and sold it, since I now carry diaper bags but I MISS IT!!!! I might be convincing hubby to get me another one this trip. Maybe a wallet!

I will use them for a baseball game, museum or something where I need to carry a bunch of stuff; my regular "purse" is a Vera Bradley wristlet. I did bring my Jack & Sally to DLR 2 years ago but didn't use it at the park, I used a backpack.

It's not awkward to carry, it just is a heavy bag to begin with and when you load it up with kids stuff, water bottles, etc it gets heavier. It does carry quite a bit, though!

This is the model I have:
http://www.seatbeltbags.com/mickey-loves-minnie-carriage-ring-tote.html

(not the same design, but same style)

DharmaLou, if you ever need or want to sell your Mickey Loves Minnie carriage ring tote, I would be interested! :worship::yay:

I have a BFF convertible clutch that I used at the parks and it was great! I also have a MCKY CT that I used at the parks and it got really heavy as the day went on. I asked for a BFF streamline tote for my bday, hoping it is lighter since the belts are straight across instead of woven. I love that Harvey's are made in the USA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter