• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

I just got back last night. The HP areas are outstanding & are easily the best theme park areas anywhere. Diagon Alley is exceptional & I just wanted to stay there all day long. We LOVED the Tales Of Beetle The Bard show. DO NOT MISS IT! I am assuming they do different tales each performance. We only saw one & had wished we saw all of them.

I just got back last night. The HP areas are outstanding & are easily the best theme park areas anywhere. Diagon Alley is exceptional & I just wanted to stay there all day long. We LOVED the Tales Of Beetle The Bard show. DO NOT MISS IT! I am assuming they do different tales each performance. We only saw one & had wished we saw all of them.

Glad you like it- it is TRUE, Diagon Alley is simply marvelous..we did not see the Tales of Beetle Bard show..we will see it next time we go..."Escape" ride was fantastic!:cool1:

How much do the wands cost? (trying to budget)

and

Are strollers allowed on The Hogwarts Express?

the interactive wand cost about $50 with tax, and the non interactive is about 40.

they allow strollers, but they must be folded up and are placed in the back of the train and they will bring it out to you on the other end. or atleast they did for us with our stoller as cheelchair tag.

We LOVED Diagon Alley- especially the Knockturn Alley portion of it! Couldn't imagine getting any better than Hogsmeade, but UO did it. Can't wait to go back. We were at UO for 5 days last October and didn't get to see/do everything that we wanted to. Only saw one show at DA and none at Hogsmeade. Only rode HE one way. Didn't try Butterbeer ice cream. But rode Gringotts multiple times and loved it. Expected more of a Mummy type ride, but it's really much less roller coaster-y.

On the HE, the cars that you are in are quite cozy and there is no way a stroller would fit in without rolling over people's feet. But it looks just like on the movies!

I wish we were there now!

Hi,
Can anyone tell me when Spring Break starts in Florida? I'm from NJ and here it's the week before or after Easter, normally. We're going to UO for the first time in the middle of March and were wondering about crowd levels. Planning on staying onsite and was wondering if EP from deluxe hotel is needed or if Cabana Bay without EP would be fine.
Any input would be appreciated.
pixiedust:

Do they list these showtimes in the guides they give out each day? Are they available in advance of your park visit? I just like to have an idea of how our day will look prior to arriving at the gates, when everything gets so chaotic.

Do they list these showtimes in the guides they give out each day? Are they available in advance of your park visit? I just like to have an idea of how our day will look prior to arriving at the gates, when everything gets so chaotic.
No there was nothing with show times. Sometimes it was listed on the display screens in the park saying wait times & show times. I had to ask a TM in Diagon Alley what time the Beetle the Bard show was & where it took place. Our last day we finally caught one & glad we did.

What is the best way to experience both sections of WWOHP in one day? We are only going to Universal to see HP, and would like to maximize our visit in the small amount of time we have. We will be going on the weekend BEFORE Easter, probably Sunday because I heard that might be less crowded. We MAY stay at the Cabana Hotel, so we can enter an hour early (7am?!!?). Also, in regards to the headliner rides, can someone give good descriptions or comparisons to rides at WDW? I am prone to vertigo and wouldn't want to ruin the day with one of the rides. I LOVE Soarin', BTMRR, SPLASHMt and can handle one ride of SPACE Mt per trip. I didn't handle the GREEN side of Mission Space well, at all. What should I avoid?
Thanks!!

What is the best way to experience both sections of WWOHP in one day? We are only going to Universal to see HP, and would like to maximize our visit in the small amount of time we have. We will be going on the weekend BEFORE Easter, probably Sunday because I heard that might be less crowded. We MAY stay at the Cabana Hotel, so we can enter an hour early (7am?!!?). Also, in regards to the headliner rides, can someone give good descriptions or comparisons to rides at WDW? I am prone to vertigo and wouldn't want to ruin the day with one of the rides. I LOVE Soarin', BTMRR, SPLASHMt and can handle one ride of SPACE Mt per trip. I didn't handle the GREEN side of Mission Space well, at all. What should I avoid?
Thanks!!

I know Cabana doesn't get FOTL tix but not sure if they get in early.
Avoid Simpsons Ride at all costs! That one did me in. I never dry heaved on a ride b4.
I loved the day we did HP areas. WE started in Diagon Alley & did Gringotts & Ollivanders. Then took HE train to Hogsmeade & did Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, lunch at 3 Broomsticks & shopped. Then took HE train back to Diagon for ice cream & more shopping. For the whole day we did HP only stuff & loved it.

We have an upcoming stay at the RPR for 4 nights this coming August. We will be purchasing the Orlando Flex tickets and will be spending at least 4 (if not 5) days at Universal. I was thinking it might be nice to do a fully immersive Harry Potter day and do only Harry Potter for one entire day. Is this realistic? If we start at one park and finish that one before taking the HE over to the other, will the lines be unmanageable? If we do follow through with this plan, which side should we start with to avoid the most lines? I'm probably being completely unreasonable in terms of this being a good idea but I thought I would ask to see what others' (with more experience) would think.

We have an upcoming stay at the RPR for 4 nights this coming August. We will be purchasing the Orlando Flex tickets and will be spending at least 4 (if not 5) days at Universal. I was thinking it might be nice to do a fully immersive Harry Potter day and do only Harry Potter for one entire day. Is this realistic? If we start at one park and finish that one before taking the HE over to the other, will the lines be unmanageable? If we do follow through with this plan, which side should we start with to avoid the most lines? I'm probably being completely unreasonable in terms of this being a good idea but I thought I would ask to see what others' (with more experience) would think.
if this is the first time you are visiting the darkside, i suggest you start at the hp ioa section first.
the story line from the books i'm told, are represented in the ioa park quite well.
after you complete this portion of hp, take the HE to the studios side for DA

you said you have multiple days to do the parks.
might be fun to concentrate the first full day to both of those sections.

on your next 4 days, do early entry and rehit the highlights of the potter section then do the rest of the parks.
you can do it at a slower pace and park hop if you wish.
catch the different shows at the hp sections throughout your stay.
you'll cover it all within your planned stay.

if this is the first time you are visiting the darkside, i suggest you start at the hp ioa section first.
the story line from the books i'm told, are represented in the ioa park quite well.
after you complete this portion of hp, take the HE to the studios side for DA

you said you have multiple days to do the parks.
might be fun to concentrate the first full day to both of those sections.

on your next 4 days, do early entry and rehit the highlights of the potter section then do the rest of the parks.
you can do it at a slower pace and park hop if you wish.
catch the different shows at the hp sections throughout your stay.
you'll cover it all within your planned stay.

We have done Universal several times before and we did experience the IoA side of Harry Potter. We've all read the books and they do represent them very well. It will be a first for Diagon Alley though for us. Can't wait!

we leave tomorrow and staying there. Early entry is allowed. But no express pass tickets with CAbana Bay

Thanks!!
Can anyone answer the ride questions above? It looks like we will not be staying onsite, just driving for the day. From what I can tell the parks open at 8am these days, does that mean the hotel guests will enter at 7am? Will it be crazy busy when we arrive? Also, is there a special secret to get to HP or some special rope-drop type method. Any suggestion for a HP touring plan would be GREATLY appreciated. I always follow the UG when we go to Disney, so I'd love to have a general plan in place when we go. Thanks!!!

Can anyone answer the ride questions above? It looks like we will not be staying onsite, just driving for the day. From what I can tell the parks open at 8am these days, does that mean the hotel guests will enter at 7am? Will it be crazy busy when we arrive? Also, is there a special secret to get to HP or some special rope-drop type method. Any suggestion for a HP touring plan would be GREATLY appreciated. I always follow the UG when we go to Disney, so I'd love to have a general plan in place when we go. Thanks!!!
if the official opening time for the parks are 8:00, then early entry for onsite hotel guests will be at 7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter