• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

My daughter also received from Aeroplan (so exchanged for points) an 8 x 10 sheet of paper which is supposed to be her 3 day park to park ticket (there is a bar code on it). It really is rather big to carry around, versus a card and yes, I imagine she will have to show it every time she enters a park or rides the Hogwarts Express. Maybe we'll be able to exchange for something smaller at guest relations! :goodvibes

We had the same thing last year for our 3 day p2p tickets. No we weren't able to get smaller tickets:sad2: so yes we had to carry those 8x10 pages for "hopping" for the full 3 days we were there. I assume it'll be the same for Hogwarts express. I did fold them into quarters with the bar code on the outside and then put them into my plastic lanyard case (like a bank book cover size) to keep them protected.

Sorry for asking, but I am a bit confused about how early entry is working now. We are staying at RPR mid-March, so I don't know if the procedure will change by then or not. Which park has EE? If only one park has EE, with hopper, can you take HE to the other HP park during EE? What time does EE start? Thanks

Sorry for asking, but I am a bit confused about how early entry is working now. We are staying at RPR mid-March, so I don't know if the procedure will change by then or not. Which park has EE? If only one park has EE, with hopper, can you take HE to the other HP park during EE? What time does EE start? Thanks

if the other park is not open, HE won't be operating.
both parks need to be open for the HE ride.

EE is one hour prior to the official park opening.

if a park opens at 9:00, EE will be at 8:00

do not know what hours the parks will have during spring break at this point.

if the other park is not open, HE won't be operating. both parks need to be open for the HE ride. EE is one hour prior to the official park opening. if a park opens at 9:00, EE will be at 8:00 do not know what hours the parks will have during spring break at this point.

Which park is currently open for EE? Were both parks open for WE during the summer? Thanks

I haven't been to Diagon Alley since opening weekend, I know there's a few pieces of merchandise that's been added since then including additional interactive character wands. Is Neville's available as an interactive finally? Any new merchandise people have seen recently worth noting? I've got a big save up of money to spend on my return trip.

so do i need to buy tickets to both IoI and Universal to see both parts of wizarding?

Yes; Hogsmeade is at one and Diagon Alley at the other, so many (most?) people do a park-to-park pass so they can go back and forth between them. If you want to ride the Hogwart's Express, you must have a park-to-park pass.

so do i need to buy tickets to both IoI and Universal to see both parts of wizarding?

there is a ticket booth at the hp train where you can upgrade a one park ticket to a 2 park ticket.

you don't need to go to (shops) or the front of the park guest services to upgrade the ticket.

Going Feb 8-12,staying at Cabana Beach. Got the 3 day both park tickets with the room package. Sounds like theres more to do in Diagon Alley- but right now scheduled there the 2d day of a planned 2 day visit to Universal parks...Breakfast at Leakey Cauldron and at 3 Broomsticks were included. I made the LC one first without thinking much about it.

Worth it to try and switch the 2 so DA is our 2d day? I know it sounds like its more fun taking the train FROM DA, maybe we do that and do a turn around ticket? What is up with getting those?

How are the crowds in both parks...? We haven't been there since the new Harry Potter Attractions were added.. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Adding to the above post about crowds this weekend, how has the weather been?
We are planning for cool in morning & night, warm during the day. We are coming from Chicago (12 degrees currently). Hoping to maybe wear shorts!

I am coming to U with my 6.5 year old son. He adores Harry P. and this is our main purpose for visiting Universal. How big is the Potter world and being realistic how much time you need to see all of it?

How are the crowds in both parks...? We haven't been there since the new Harry Potter Attractions were added.. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you get to U by 8:30 ( gates open@ 9), you have a chance of getting on the rides..if school is in session, not bad..if school is on vacation, VERY CROWDED..get there early!

Alan

Adding to the above post about crowds this weekend, how has the weather been?
We are planning for cool in morning & night, warm during the day. We are coming from Chicago (12 degrees currently). Hoping to maybe wear shorts!

You should check the Orlando weather on www.weather.com site & put in "universal studios" or just "Orlando" and put 5 or 10 day forecast...it's been 75 day, 60's nightime lately...but do check!

Alan

I am coming to U with my 6.5 year old son. He adores Harry P. and this is our main purpose for visiting Universal. How big is the Potter world and being realistic how much time you need to see all of it?

If you are coming when school is IN, figure 10-20 minutes for attractions..which park, Univ St. or Islands Of A? The Harry P section in Univ St., is MUCH bigger ( and better IMO) than the Isl Of A..if you are coming when school is on vacation, be there like 8-8:30 AM & prepare for long lines!! You can see most or all in about 90 minutes, if no lines, 3-4 hrs if lines..

Alan

We are headed to Universal tomorrow, mainly to see HP. Which park should we start at first or does it matter? TIA!

We are headed to Universal tomorrow, mainly to see HP. Which park should we start at first or does it matter? TIA!

It doesn't matter..I think the HP Park is better at Universal, but Islands of A is the better park for other rides like Spiderman ( don't miss) & The Hulk..make sure if you get same day tickets for both parks, that you take the Hogwart's Express from one park to another...personally, I would go first to US because the new HP park there is nicer & bigger..don't miss Escape From Gringott's ride- fantastic!: :cool1:

Alan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter