• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

If we go the first week of Oct. what are the chances we will be able to do both parks/ wizarding world in one day?

1. Butterbeer
2. Frozen Butterbeer
3. Butterbeer ice cream!

I didn't get #3, but I loved the other 2. The ice cream will happen on my next trip... whenever that will be!!

Lol sounds good to me!!! (I have to say all of the ice creams sound fantastic! They even have an Earl Grey! (my favorite tea :cool1:)

If we go the first week of Oct. what are the chances we will be able to do both parks/ wizarding world in one day?

I hope fairly high because thats my plan week 2 of October ;) but honestly from what I've read it sounds like crowds should be fairly low (Hopefully!!! :))

Hi all, We will be visiting for 1 day 12/21, offsite. (I think). Mainly interested in HP. Is it possible without early entry at that time of year to even do both HP sections? Or should we just pick one of the two parks to try to visit? We've never been, but girls are set on HP.

Hi guys- DW & I are going to Universal THIS Sun ( 14th) and would like to know if we should go to the HP Diagon Alley area FIRST, or go to the Transformers 3D ride first? I hear the TF 3D is fabulous & must have lines as well..we plan to get to the park around 8:45 just before it opens..any specific order you recommend? Thanks!! :cool1:

Big Al

I am taking my two teens and hubby to Universal for a slow weekend in November. It is supposedly slower then, but I was wondering how long it actually takes just to visit Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? We will have early entry for Saturday and Sunday, but I am hoping to do WDW as well at night. So has anyone actually done both and how long does it take?We want to eat breakfast and lunch there at The Leaky cauldron and/or The Three Broomsticks also. Thanks for any help.:goodvibes

Hi guys- DW & I are going to Universal THIS Sun ( 14th) and would like to know if we should go to the HP Diagon Alley area FIRST, or go to the Transformers 3D ride first? I hear the TF 3D is fabulous & must have lines as well..we plan to get to the park around 8:45 just before it opens..any specific order you recommend? Thanks!! :cool1:

Big Al

We did Transformers before Diagon Alley, but the others were not planning on doing Escape from Gringotts. I did that using Single Rider line later on in the day. I'm sure the wait for EfG was way longer than Transformers.

I am taking my two teens and hubby to Universal for a slow weekend in November. It is supposedly slower then, but I was wondering how long it actually takes just to visit Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? We will have early entry for Saturday and Sunday, but I am hoping to do WDW as well at night. So has anyone actually done both and how long does it take?We want to eat breakfast and lunch there at The Leaky cauldron and/or The Three Broomsticks also. Thanks for any help.:goodvibes

I'm no help, but could have spent a lot longer in there! If there had been more places to sit and relax, I could have just sat and experienced it all for days longer! LOL

Hi guys- DW & I are going to Universal THIS Sun ( 14th) and would like to know if we should go to the HP Diagon Alley area FIRST, or go to the Transformers 3D ride first? I hear the TF 3D is fabulous & must have lines as well..we plan to get to the park around 8:45 just before it opens..any specific order you recommend? Thanks!! :cool1: Big Al

We found Transformers to Be less crowded in the afternoon. We were there in August the line was 25 min in the late afternoon vs 55 in the mornings Having said that it moves pretty good and lots to see on the wait line! The ride is a must! Really awesome We rose it few times and loved it every single time! Also the transformers come out for pictures and it is really cool

Trying to find out info on what average age the Harry Potter rides are geared for..is 8 too young? Any info would be appreciated!

Trying to find out info on what average age the Harry Potter rides are geared for..is 8 too young? Any info would be appreciated!

Forbidden Journey is a bit rough, IMO..but Escape From Hogwarts ( new one), is more like Spiderman, if you've tried that..if not, we thought it was FANTASTIC, and I would think an 8 yr. old would love it...:thumbsup2

Going to Universal tomorrow. The plan is to do both parks in one day, and tonight we're staying at the Hard Rock so we have the express pass.

Universal opens at 8am. What time should we line up at the entrance to get into Daigon Alley? 6:30am?

If you are going on Mon., the 29th, there really should not be a line..kids will be in school..I would get there at 7:30 AM..really should be fine..just remember, if you want to ride the Hogwart's Express, you must get a DUAL pass for BOTH parks- I didn't know you had to do that, so we couldn't ride the HE...RIDE Escape From Gringott's ASAP , then head to the train, then (if you want) go do Forbidden Journey...Have fun!!! :cool1:

If you are going on Mon., the 29th, there really should not be a line..kids will be in school..I would get there at 7:30 AM..really should be fine..just remember, if you want to ride the Hogwart's Express, you must get a DUAL pass for BOTH parks- I didn't know you had to do that, so we couldn't ride the HE...RIDE Escape From Gringott's ASAP , then head to the train, then (if you want) go do Forbidden Journey...Have fun!!! :cool1:

The park opens at 8am, so early entry gets us in at 7am...so I think we're saying the same thing? A half hour before I can get in?

Forbidden Journey is a bit rough, IMO..but Escape From Hogwarts ( new one), is more like Spiderman, if you've tried that..if not, we thought it was FANTASTIC, and I would think an 8 yr. old would love it...:thumbsup2

I'm new to the Forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. We stayed at the RPH at the end of September and during the day we had only a 15 minute wait at Forbidden Journey. Later that evening we were in Jake's Bar and got chatting to one of the Universal Management team (I'd rather not give his name as I wouldn't want to embarrass him). When I told him of our short wait, he mentioned that Universal are seriously considering giving FastPass access to FJ for their DeLuxe hotel customers after the New Year rush.

When I asked him about FP for Gringotts, all he would say is that it depends on the numbers and the wait times which they review on a weekly basis.

We are going for one day sometime in the week of Oct. 20 - 25. Do you think it will be crazy busy that week? Just wondering what FL's fall break is like.

I suggest checking out the crowd calendar for the dates you are thinking of going at the Orlando Informer website. (Sorry, I can't seem to post a link.)

can anyone who has done gringotts tell me about the lockers. would i have to put a very small (6 - 8 inches) shoulder bag in the locker. is there a maximum size purse/bag they let you take on with you? how about hats? tia

does anyone have experience using the ONE DAY/ PARK TO PARK admission ticket from AAA? the 8 x 11 piece of paper they print out for you is supposed to be the actual park admission ticket. has anyone had trouble using it to get on the hogwarts express? i'm guessing you have to show it there as well?

does anyone have experience using the ONE DAY/ PARK TO PARK admission ticket from AAA? the 8 x 11 piece of paper they print out for you is supposed to be the actual park admission ticket. has anyone had trouble using it to get on the hogwarts express? i'm guessing you have to show it there as well?

My daughter also received from Aeroplan (so exchanged for points) an 8 x 10 sheet of paper which is supposed to be her 3 day park to park ticket (there is a bar code on it). It really is rather big to carry around, versus a card and yes, I imagine she will have to show it every time she enters a park or rides the Hogwarts Express. Maybe we'll be able to exchange for something smaller at guest relations! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter