Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Is there a video out there somewhere of Rope Drop/ Opening at Universal Studious? Just curious to see what it looks like lining up getting to Diagon Alley during Early Entry popcorn::

Just got back and won't be going back anytime soon. Stayed at Lowes and got in early but lines were still way too long. Waited in line for 2.5 hours - told we were "lucky"... some people had waited 6 hours. Ride went down 6 times during the 2.5 hours. Finally got on ride and audio didn't work. Complained and got to ride again. Maybe I'm not a big enough fan but the ride was just ok. IF I do go back, it will be a long time!!! Way to many people to really enjoy right now!

We were in the parks on Thursday. We live in Tampa and drove over very early (got to the park at 7:30) and when they let the non-resort people in we went straight to Gringott's. We waited 2 hours. It was very reminiscent of our first ride on FJ- we waited even longer for that one (2.5 hours). We only waited 20 for the Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade. Not too shabby.

I was willing both times to wait a long time for our first experience. I'm not so willing to do it on repeat visits unless I am with someone who hasn't been on it- and they never want to ride single rider the first time, lol! If the regular line is too long, then I do single rider and it's usually not too bad. We are returning next week and staying one night at Portofino, so we hope that the early entry and express passes that come with it work out.

Personally, I think Diagon Alley is AMAZING and we didn't see as much as we would have liked- hence the return next week before school starts :)

I get that people don't want to wait in line all day- you would NEVER see me wait 4-5-6 hours to ride any ride, regardless of the park. But I think we need to accept that for the rest of this summer and most weekends throughout the next year, Diagon Alley is gonna be mobbed. It's reality. Do what you can to try to avoid busy times, but if the only time you can come is a weekend, then do it.

We were in the parks on Thursday. We live in Tampa and drove over very early (got to the park at 7:30) and when they let the non-resort people in we went straight to Gringott's. We waited 2 hours. It was very reminiscent of our first ride on FJ- we waited even longer for that one (2.5 hours). We only waited 20 for the Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade. Not too shabby.

I was willing both times to wait a long time for our first experience. I'm not so willing to do it on repeat visits unless I am with someone who hasn't been on it- and they never want to ride single rider the first time, lol! If the regular line is too long, then I do single rider and it's usually not too bad. We are returning next week and staying one night at Portofino, so we hope that the early entry and express passes that come with it work out.

Personally, I think Diagon Alley is AMAZING and we didn't see as much as we would have liked- hence the return next week before school starts :)

I get that people don't want to wait in line all day- you would NEVER see me wait 4-5-6 hours to ride any ride, regardless of the park. But I think we need to accept that for the rest of this summer and most weekends throughout the next year, Diagon Alley is gonna be mobbed. It's reality. Do what you can to try to avoid busy times, but if the only time you can come is a weekend, then do it.

Glad you had a good day! I agree, Diagon Alley is amazing! Incredible! I loved it all. I waited about 1.5 hours in the single rider line for Gringotts. I made the rest of my group leave and go to the outlet mall and then they texted when they were done. Thankfully I had gotten off the ride by then. I could easily have spent much more time there! And I didn't even get park to park tickets. I so need a do over trip! :rotfl2:

On the day that we decided to do the Gringott's ride, we got to the gates at 6:00. We were staying at Lowe's. They opened the gates at 6:30. Then they usher you through the park straight to London where you wait in line outside MIB to enter Diagon Alley. In doing this and a 30 min delay for the ride, we were done and off a little after 8 am. It was then a 2 1/2 hour wait. It is worth it to take advantage of the EE and just know that you are going to have to wait, but I would have liked for the line to slow down a little in the bank because I didn't really get to look around very well.

Quick question. Do they let you go through the line at Gringotts if you are not riding for the purpose of taking it all in, like they do on FJ? In the castle we went through one time just to absorb it all, let people pass us etc. but I don't know what to expect with this new one. Maybe there's not as much to see?

Quick question. Do they let you go through the line at Gringotts if you are not riding for the purpose of taking it all in, like they do on FJ? In the castle we went through one time just to absorb it all, let people pass us etc. but I don't know what to expect with this new one. Maybe there's not as much to see?

They didn't let me in the line. I was allowed into the beginning of the line and that was it. There is a little circular room at the beginning of the line, and that was as far as I was allowed to go. I did the whole line for FJ, and was told I could take as long as I wanted. They didn't let me at Gringotts. So obviously, I didn't get many shots!

With Gringotts being the new attraction at Universal, would it make more sense to try to ride that first, then take the Hogwarts Express over to Forbidden Journey? Or, would it be better to go to FJ first, and ride the HE over to Gringotts instead?
I would like to know what everyone thought about this also. I am going in December with my daughter. We are not currently planning to stay on site since we are only going to be there one day. We are purchasing a park to park ticket.

We're going mostly for the Harry Potter sections. I won't be riding anything but Hogwart's Express. Does Gringotts and Forbidden Journey have single rider lines?

I would like to know what everyone thought about this also. I am going in December with my daughter. We are not currently planning to stay on site since we are only going to be there one day. We are purchasing a park to park ticket. We're going mostly for the Harry Potter sections. I won't be riding anything but Hogwart's Express. Does Gringotts and Forbidden Journey have single rider lines?

If only going for one day, that is the best plan. Ride gringotts as early as possible and then hop on the HE to Hogsmeade and ride FJ. There are single rider lines for both rides, but they frequently close the one at Gringotts.

Thank you! Hopefully by then she'll be able to get on Gringott's without too much wait.

If only going for one day, that is the best plan. Ride gringotts as early as possible and then hop on the HE to Hogsmeade and ride FJ. There are single rider lines for both rides, but they frequently close the one at Gringotts.

I basically have the same question as it applies to early entry. We're going in October and early entry is at 8 a.m. Since we're at a Disney resort the night before and will need to go by HRH early that morning I'm guessing we won't be lined up to get in the park until almost 8. My plan was to go straight to ride Gringotts, then take the Hogwarts Express, and then ride FJ. Can that be done without running into major lines at any of the 3?

DH and I will be at universal on September 8th. Would it be worth buying express pass since we only have one day to see it all!!??

Can anyone tell me if the currency you can swap for can be used in the parks? (Meaning if I trade in US cash for Wizard coins, can I use those to buy things in the park, or is it merely for show/collector value?)

We just got back from Disney and did 3 days at Universal. All 32 days we got there around noon and the train ride was pretty much walk on, about 10 min wait. The first day Gringotts was 90 minutes wait and the other 2 two days was 75 minutes. We did wait on the second day and the ride broke down twice, so it took about 1 hour and 45 min in and out. It is really amazing. The FJ ride was about 20 min ride all days in the afternoon and one day we rode 3 times, twice was just walk on. No line up at the wand shop. The park seemed really busy but the line up were not bad at all. We did it all without an express pass. Hope that helps.

Hi,

Going in mid-December and on a tight budget.

We are trying to decide, in order to get the best Potter experience if we should go with a 4 day, NO park to park or a 3 day with park to park.

We understand that without the PTP we can't do HE.

Opinions please!

Hi,

We are trying to decide, in order to get the best Potter experience if we should go with a 4 day, NO park to park or a 3 day with park to park.

Opinions please!

We too are going in mid-December. I got a 3 day p-t-p from Undercover Tourist for the price of a 2 day. We've been to Universal before and imho you can do almost everything in one day.

Hi,

Opinions please!

i would go with PTP for 3 days, the HE is amazing! And agree with PP about the undercover tourist, we also got our 3 day PTP for the price of 2

Hey I guys I am going to Diagon Alley / Hogsmeade for 1 day in October :cool1:

What are the Top 3 Snacks that we HAVE to try???

Hey I guys I am going to Diagon Alley / Hogsmeade for 1 day in October :cool1:

What are the Top 3 Snacks that we HAVE to try???

1. Butterbeer
2. Frozen Butterbeer
3. Butterbeer ice cream!

I didn't get #3, but I loved the other 2. The ice cream will happen on my next trip... whenever that will be!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter