Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

No...Universal always said summer 2014...at least to my knowledge.

Saw a commercial yesterday for Universal Studios showing Hogwarts express and Gringott's; it was very exciting!

Stated it is coming Summer 2014, so although not a definitive date, looks like it is on schedule.

Will the new addition be open by Oct 2014? Also how is that going to work, will you have to buy tickets to both parks to be able to use the train?

Will the new addition be open by Oct 2014? Also how is that going to work, will you have to buy tickets to both parks to be able to use the train?

the website states opening this summer so it should be open way before october.

with the new parry hotter ride, you will need park to park tickets for the day you do the ride.

tickets are single day one park only or single/any number of days, park to park tickets.

Just wanted to add that the first HP section was touted as opening Spring. We booked a trip for the 3rd week of June and that it ended up being opening week...the very last week of spring.

So summer 2014 could end up being September, just saying.

UO usually gears the big openings for the summer crowds.
with more new rides/attractions, more will plan to do family vacations there.

UO usually gears the big openings for the summer crowds.
with more new rides/attractions, more will plan to do family vacations there.

How about the new Gringotts coaster ?? I know its not usually Uni's style to open things up in a long drawn out process , just haven't heard much hoopla about Gringotts. They are keeping a very good lid on this one !
Just hope it will be open for our trip in December ..........(still not giving much hope for that "other" coaster in that "other" place) ! :lmao:

How hard is it to get a table for dinner at three broomsticks? is it crazy busy?

i was there at the darkside for 11 days in october (left on the 17th) and the second week of this month (january).

did lunch on different days and never a crowd.
10:30 am, 2:00 pm, 4:00pm were about the time periods.

did go inside hogs place for a butterbeer in the evening and plenty of places to sit during the dinner hour.

Hi folks. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed. We are visiting IO for the first time on April 16. We are staying at WDW and spending one day at US. We chose IOA as we have some big time HP fans in our group (which consists of me, husband, DS 15, DS 10, and my parents 69 and 78). I've spent a fair amount of time on touringplans.com but I can't seem to get it to spit out a plan that sounds reasonable. We would like to ride FJ and Dragons, more than once assuming we like them, and eat at 3 Broomsticks. We would also like to poke around the shops.
I know my kids will want to do rides in the other parts of the park, but I want to know the best strategy for the day from folks who have done it. We plan to arrive before opening but I know US resort guests will have been in there for an hour before we get in.
We didn't buy the express passes and can't possibly stay til park closing at 2300.
With all those restrictions, what would you recommend?
Thanks in advance

Hi folks. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed. We are visiting IO for the first time on April 16. We are staying at WDW and spending one day at US. We chose IOA as we have some big time HP fans in our group (which consists of me, husband, DS 15, DS 10, and my parents 69 and 78). I've spent a fair amount of time on touringplans.com but I can't seem to get it to spit out a plan that sounds reasonable. We would like to ride FJ and Dragons, more than once assuming we like them, and eat at 3 Broomsticks. We would also like to poke around the shops.
I know my kids will want to do rides in the other parts of the park, but I want to know the best strategy for the day from folks who have done it. We plan to arrive before opening but I know US resort guests will have been in there for an hour before we get in.
We didn't buy the express passes and can't possibly stay til park closing at 2300.
With all those restrictions, what would you recommend?
Thanks in advance

It is going to be crazy busy. Not sure how old your kids are but one way to shorten the lines is to use the single rider lines as often as possible. There really isn't any perfect way to tour it. Most people just wing it by watching the line wait boards (one is at the front of the park once you get through Port of Entry).

I would go to the Wizarding World first off and do as much as you can there right away. Then perhaps go do Spiderman and just wing it from there.

Just wanted to add that the first HP section was touted as opening Spring. We booked a trip for the 3rd week of June and that it ended up being opening week...the very last week of spring.

So summer 2014 could end up being September, just saying.

Transformers was in soft opening phase when we visited 1st week of June '13.

Just a gut feeling - but think (hope) that Gringots will also be 'a go' when we visit end of May.popcorn::any other betting DIS'rs out there?

imo the earlier they roll it out this year, the sooner they can start raking in the big bucks and siphon off guests from Disney who may have already 'done' existing HP years' past.

The Three Broomsticks rarely gets "crazy" busy, if you Avoid lunch rush you should be fine. Hope this helped!

We ate there twice in our 4-day stay -- once during lunch rush and once toward dinner hour. Great food and the lines moved fast. They guaranty you a table and as crowded as it was, they found us one!

Does anyone have any recent updates on when the Hogwart's Train and Diagon Might open? We are going to be at Universal on June 13 - 14, and my Son is hoping to get to ride the train. Thanks!!

I have not read this whole thread... yet... sorry

Can someone tell me what kind of drink pumpkin fizz is ?

anyone have a problem ordering food a the three broomsticks for half of your party and getting a seat and having the rest of your party meeting up with you after you get seated?

I am so excited! I will be heading to WDW in July, and my niece and I are taking 2 days to do Universal! I will be spending as much time as possible in the Harry Potter sections!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter