Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Can anyone recommend about how long it takes to do the WWoHP? I know it will depend on how much you want to see, how long the lines are, etc. We're looking to ride FJ and then spend a good amount of time browsing the rest of the land. Trying to decide if we should buy a 2 park pass and do both parks that day or just do IOA. Thanks!
I don't think you would be able to do both parks in a single day and not feel rushed or get your money's worth...both parks deserve a full day. But...if you aren't concerned about riding most of the rides or seeing a few shows, you could squeeze both parks in. I wouldn't recommend it though.

I don't think you would be able to do both parks in a single day and not feel rushed or get your money's worth...both parks deserve a full day. But...if you aren't concerned about riding most of the rides or seeing a few shows, you could squeeze both parks in. I wouldn't recommend it though.

I agree with this. If you want to really enjoy your time at WWOHP and IOA, I wouldn't plan on trying to squeeze in both parks in one day. We spent a whole day at IOA going to WWOHP first thing in the morning until lunch and then again about an hour before the park closed. That worked out really well for us.

What kind of crowds can I expect the 2nd week in August? August 13 -17. Second question which are the least crowded days of the week?

What kind of crowds can I expect the 2nd week in August? August 13 -17. Second question which are the least crowded days of the week?
Crowds are getting hard to predict but since those days are still in summer season, the parks will be busy. They should slow down towards the end of the week since people will be returning home to get ready for school. I would stick with mid-week for the lowest crowds...Tuesday and Wednesday should be fine.

My daughter wants to eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks, can anyone eat breakfast or is it limited to those who have a special package? We are staying in a private condo and not on-sight.

My daughter wants to eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks, can anyone eat breakfast or is it limited to those who have a special package? We are staying in a private condo and not on-sight.

It depends on how busy they are. As soon as you get there, check with the attendant at the front of the restaurant. They will be able to tell you if they are accepting walk ins that day.

Hi, I am super excited about our trip in June. This Universal forum rocks like the disney one. Thanks everyone for your input it makes such a difference.

For my question: Does anyone know what time the three broomsticks stays open for dinner? I can't find information on it.

Hi, I am super excited about our trip in June. This Universal forum rocks like the disney one. Thanks everyone for your input it makes such a difference.

For my question: Does anyone know what time the three broomsticks stays open for dinner? I can't find information on it.

It stays open pretty much until closing.

Are all attractions open the whole time the park is open. Someone a few pages back said the castle tour didn't open until 4pm. What would this refer to. Surely, the castle is open the hours of the park?

Are all attractions open the whole time the park is open. Someone a few pages back said the castle tour didn't open until 4pm. What would this refer to. Surely, the castle is open the hours of the park?

Unless the park is extremely busy, the castle tour will be open the whole time. When the park is extremely busy, they cancel the castle tour or postpone it until the crowds die down. It may be because they adjust the queues to take up more space inside the castle, leaving no room for the castle tours.

I just got back from Universal yesterday. Here's what a TM told me about the Jaws section. I'm not going to say where the person worked so I don't get them in trouble, only that it was somewhere on site in the parks, Citywalk or in one of the on site hotels.

They said that the Jaws area is definitely going to be Phase II of Harry Potter. Guests will ride the Hogwarts Express between the two areas. Work will start on the new area after the Harry Potter section in the LA park is finished. :cool1:

That's all I found out, hopefully something official will be released soon. I'm excited to find out what they have in the new area. My DH wants a Gringots mine ride.

They've already been demolishing the Jaws area, so work has already begun. Also, the HP area in Hollywood isn't supposed to open until 2016, it seems very unlikely that they ripped down Jaws but aren't going to start working on the next attraction until 2016.

They've already been demolishing the Jaws area, so work has already begun. Also, the HP area in Hollywood isn't supposed to open until 2016, it seems very unlikely that they ripped down Jaws but aren't going to start working on the next attraction until 2016.

Ah well, they could have been completely pulling my leg for all I know. :confused3

I will say that I didn't ask for information, I was just was talking about liking the HP section and they proceeded to tell me about expanding.

Dose Universal Studios do any kind of guest pass similar to the GAC pass at WDW for guests with disabilities?

Dose Universal Studios do any kind of guest pass similar to the GAC pass at WDW for guests with disabilities?

Does it offer similar type accommodations? Do we need a doctor's note? Thanks for any help.

no doctor note needed.
guest services handles the gac.

you'll get a card and you present it to the TM at the ride/attraction.
you'll be given a return time for that ride/attra.
(that is if there is a wait in that line)

no wait when you return.

if you can't do stairs, you'll use the elevators for the rides that have them.

there are different types of gac.
it will be explained to you when you talk to the TM at guest services.

This came up when we were at WWoHP last week, and I’m just looking for more perspective on the situation.

With the “castle tour” closed, the regular line for FJ was a mix of people trying to experience the castle and people trying to get on the ride. When people are stopped taking photos or video, I’ve always thought it was acceptable to step around them and continue in the line. Mind you, I’m not talking about someone who stops to take a single photo, but someone who’s obviously soaking up the atmosphere and/or trying to document everything in the room.

I saw most people doing this while we were there and we did it ourselves several times. I don’t see a problem with it. When I stop to listen to Dumbledore’s entire welcome speech, or hoping that Ron will make it snow, I expect people to pass me. Our first time through the line, I told the HLP to do the same, despite her reservations, and told her is was fine. But on our second to last day, we saw a young woman obviously getting upset because people were passing her while she was photographing the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. When she finished taking her photos, she somewhat rudely pushed forward through the line to regain the spot that I suppose she felt she deserved.

So, do you pass, or wait? Should someone who wants to stop for a significant amount of time expect everyone behind them to wait?

This came up when we were at WWoHP last week, and I’m just looking for more perspective on the situation.

With the “castle tour” closed, the regular line for FJ was a mix of people trying to experience the castle and people trying to get on the ride. When people are stopped taking photos or video, I’ve always thought it was acceptable to step around them and continue in the line. Mind you, I’m not talking about someone who stops to take a single photo, but someone who’s obviously soaking up the atmosphere and/or trying to document everything in the room.

I saw most people doing this while we were there and we did it ourselves several times. I don’t see a problem with it. When I stop to listen to Dumbledore’s entire welcome speech, or hoping that Ron will make it snow, I expect people to pass me. Our first time through the line, I told the HLP to do the same, despite her reservations, and told her is was fine. But on our second to last day, we saw a young woman obviously getting upset because people were passing her while she was photographing the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. When she finished taking her photos, she somewhat rudely pushed forward through the line to regain the spot that I suppose she felt she deserved.

So, do you pass, or wait? Should someone who wants to stop for a significant amount of time expect everyone behind them to wait?

There are widely varying points of view on this subject. Some think it's fine to wait on someone taking lots of pictures, while others think you should pass immediately someone who has to stop to tie their shoe. I've seen many a thread on this same topic (often regarding TSM at DHS) go downhill over it. There is no one-size-fits-all answer here.

My particular answer is that if I want to take a while to stop in the queue for whatever reason, I let others pass. If I am behind someone who wants to stop for a while, I look for an invitation of some kind for me to pass, otherwise I wait. At some point though, I'm going to walk past them anyway. Courtesy goes both ways.

This is why I don't like the idea of closing down the Castle Tour queue occasionally to accommodate crowds.

Hello, this is new territory for me... We have booked a trip to WDW Sept 28-Oct 6 I recently discovered that it falls on our Canadian Thanksgiving so we don't have to be back until Monday evening. My daughter who is turning 5 in a few weeks is obsessed with HP. I was thinking about tacking on an extra day or 2 to go to Universal. We are not renting a car so I was wondering how to get to Universal and better yet how to get to the airport after. Is this difficult? I like the simplicity of the Disney transportation and am hoping that Universal offers something similar. How much time do I need there with a 5 year old? We are hoping for a growth spurt she is currently 43inches and absolutely loves rides. When we were in DHS in March she rode to TOT 8 times!!!!:rotfl2: So where should we stay? What are the must hit attractions? If we left WDW Saturday in the pm and had the entire day Sunday would that be enough? Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello, this is new territory for me... We have booked a trip to WDW Sept 28-Oct 6 I recently discovered that it falls on our Canadian Thanksgiving so we don't have to be back until Monday evening. My daughter who is turning 5 in a few weeks is obsessed with HP. I was thinking about tacking on an extra day or 2 to go to Universal. We are not renting a car so I was wondering how to get to Universal and better yet how to get to the airport after. Is this difficult? I like the simplicity of the Disney transportation and am hoping that Universal offers something similar. How much time do I need there with a 5 year old? We are hoping for a growth spurt she is currently 43inches and absolutely loves rides. When we were in DHS in March she rode to TOT 8 times!!!!:rotfl2: So where should we stay? What are the must hit attractions? If we left WDW Saturday in the pm and had the entire day Sunday would that be enough? Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

You can take a taxi to Universal from Disney. We stay at Royal Pacific Resort (for the Polynesian feel! Coming from Illinois I want the tropics as much as possible while we are down there!). IF you stay at one of the Universal sites you get access to the parks an hour earlier than non-Universal Resort stayers. Unfortunately, Universal does not transportation like Disney. You can have Mears Transportation (I think it's $18/person) or a taxi to the airport. Your DD will LOVE Harry Potter! We are on our countdown....we'll be there in 22 days!!! Have fun!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter