Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

thnks for the reply damo... i think i might try to drop little before we go... im more proportional but i don't want to take the chance..

I got a ressie directly with the loews hotel site.
I got great rate RPH ...175 /4 nights = 700$
If I buy tickets seperately ~approx 500 for 4 tickets (3 day base)
700+500 = 1200.00 total

Yesterday when I went here to price WWOHP package...
http://res.universalorlandovacations.com/search/Default.aspx
I could price it out for around 1700....but now I keep getting they have no availability...:rotfl:
(so maybe my decision has been made for me...)

I cant understand what it would get me that is worth paying extra ~ 500 for

But I want to know do people feel the 'commemorative ticket' and the other bennies are worth the additional $$?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sometimes you can get in without a reservation. It is worth it to check with the employee standing out in the doorway of the restaurant. They will let you know if there will be any non-reservation dining allowed for breakfast that day.

Can someone please PM me and let me know how to make a reservation? Thank you.

Hi all.. Me on the other half are big.. to put it nicely.. I'm 6'4 250# about 38"-39" waist... Does anyone know the restrictions for FJ??? i would like to know if i should do a cash diet.. LOL

Also has anyone seen a list of items/prices available at the stores.. the other half is really interested in the school robes..

My DH is 6 foot and about the same size as you he wears a 38 waist . We just got back and rode FJ 4 times . He was Very Nervous about fitting and had no issues . He said it was less snug then a local coaster here called El Toro and that is a tight ride .

The school robes are $100 each before tax ... :eek:... They are made nicely and are in the huge store in the front of the park which is way easier then finding them and getting them on in the owl post store . :thumbsup2

If you do go to the wand store and get picked for a wand be prepared to spend $30 to get it . There is a one in 30 people chance that you will get picked . My DS 8 did get picked :wizard:... He was very cute in there and yes I did get suckered into buying a wand . I dont know whos wand it is ... I do think it was done by birthday because he asked his birthday and then "found" the right wand. BTW you can buy them at a stand and in the store without waiting for the show . You can also get the characters wands which to me were not as nice .Just an FYI for you....

Get BUTTERBEER at least once .. we had the frozen one and LOVED IT :thumbsup2

Just got back any questions let me know !

is there a link out there to a map of the area showing where each store is? thanks!

Maybe someone with drafting or design skills could produce an accurate one for everybody! That would be SO HELPFUL!

Not just shops, but the whole WWOHP.

If you go to the website map, it is interactive and you can see where everything is. Each store is marked.

To find the map go to www.universalorlando.com and click on map up beside My Account and login.

I wonder if there are any updates on Forbidden Journey having a line for Hotel Guests or Express Pass users? We will be there the first week in October and hope to avoid the lines since we will be a hotel guest. Do they let hotel guests in an hour early? That would take care of it!

Thanks!

I searched on youtube and didn't find anything, and was wondering if there is video of the Forbidden Journey ride shot in night vision(so you can see something other than a pitch black video).

Thx.

Hi everyone!
This is my first post and I want to thank each and every one for the invaluable information I've been gathering for my upcoming trip (next October).
We are (me and DH) Disney veterans (21 trips in 14 years) but newbies concerning Universal parks. The only reason this "travel pattern" changed is the new Harry Potter area inside Islands of Adventure.
We are buying annual passes and staying onsite. My DH is a senior and I really don't fancy motion simulators (they make my sick) so we are not braving FJ but we are really excited about the walk through the castle itself. We want to take lots of pictures and be able to hear the dialogues of the paintings, Dumbledore, Harry, Ron and Hermione etc... Some posts mention that once inside the castle the line moves too quickly to fully enjoy all the sights and the single line allows you to let other people pass you by but skips a lot of the good stuff. Could anyone tell me if we can linger while at the regular line and let people bypass us by saying we are not really going into the ride itself and if not which parts we can or cannot see when taking the single line versus the regular line?
We really appreciate your help! Thank you once more and congrats on your wonderful forum!:worship:

What is the shortcut to WWOHP if you are doing early entry? I remember it's somewhere in Seuss area. Thanks for the help.

Is there still a line to get into the actual Harry Potter part of the park? Last I'd heard there was one in the mornings but at about noon it doesn't exist. Is that still the case? Do they still have you only going in through the Jurassic park side and the other side closed off?

Is there still a line to get into the actual Harry Potter part of the park? Last I'd heard there was one in the mornings but at about noon it doesn't exist. Is that still the case? Do they still have you only going in through the Jurassic park side and the other side closed off?

I was there last week and I can tell you that I saw no lines to get into the Potter area, but I did see people go through Seuss Landing but reach a barricade where they tell you to go through other side and visit rest of park first and then come back to see Potter. It´s just amazing how many people enter IOA and go directly to Potter. .

I had early park entry do to offsite Harry package and it made a big difference as I experienced the Potter area early one day (did everyhting, rides, shops, pics, butterbeer, etc) and then after 2pm luckily I entered Honeydukes after a 20 min wait but the rest of shops were full and FJ had 90 min wait.

Hi everyone!
Some posts mention that once inside the castle the line moves too quickly to fully enjoy all the sights and the single line allows you to let other people pass you by but skips a lot of the good stuff. Could anyone tell me if we can linger while at the regular line and let people bypass us by saying we are not really going into the ride itself and if not which parts we can or cannot see when taking the single line versus the regular line?
The line in the castle moved at a decent pace. We had time to see everything, and for my daughter to explain it all to me (I hadn't read the books or seen the movies).

The line in the castle moved at a decent pace. We had time to see everything, and for my daughter to explain it all to me (I hadn't read the books or seen the movies).

Thank you so much for your answer ExtinctDino! I'm probably the only person hoping the FJ line will move very slowly! :rotfl:

Thank you so much for your answer ExtinctDino! I'm probably the only person hoping the FJ line will move very slowly! :rotfl:

if it doesn't, there is enuf room for you to stop (look around and take your pix) and wave people on ahead of you if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter