Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by ChrisFL, Apr 8, 2010.

1. VS85

VS85 Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I am visiting WWoHP for the first time on Thursday 12/18 after 3 days in Disney. Since this is the last park we will be at for our vacation, we sort of wanted to take it easy... Not get there right at opening and making a mad dash for all of the different attractions. I definitely want to see everything and go on all the rides though, but not really interested in seeing the rest of IoA (we might take a peek at the Dr. S area as we leave). I am thinking of getting there around 10:30am and stay until 4:30 or so. We have a 6pm spa appt back at our resort in Disney. Any thoughts on this? I know lines will probably be longer than they would right at park opening, but we like to chat and people watch in lines. I just want to make sure we can still go on the rides, try to do Ollivanders if the line isn't insane, check out the shops and eat at 3 broomsticks. I would appreciate anyone's insight! Also, anybody have an idea on crowds, given that it is the week before Xmas? Thanks!!! I am beyond excited!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

only giving yourself 6 hours for IOA might limit getting some of your goals completed.

you might or might not have short lines for some of the rides.
    crowds are not bad that week you plan to go.

parry hotter could take a few hours of your day since you are getting there near the lunch hour period.

hope you have fun and see the highlights there!

people watching will be the easy part of your day there.
    usually the parry hotter area has quite a few guests in that section until later in the evening.

4. VS85

VS85 Mouseketeer

Thanks! Maybe we will aim to get there a bit earlier to make sure we can do everything we want to.

I read somewhere though that if you don't get there right as the park opens, you may not be able to get into WWoHP and that you'll get a timed re-entry ticket. Is this true? Or was this the case only when WWoHP first opened? I know the WWoHP area is small, but I would hate to not be allowed in even if we get there between 9 and 9:30. How long do you usually have to wait for your timed re-entry ticket to become active?

5. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

if you are there around 9ish, you should not have any issues being able to enter the parry hotter area.

you are going the week before christmas and the parks should not be packed that early of the day.

the 18th is mid week, you should be fine.

6. VS85

VS85 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your replies! This definitely makes me feel better. I'm going to try not to worry about all these different factors and just try to enjoy the experience. Can't wait!!!

7. bugaler

bugaler Earning My Ears

We are going sometime between December 27-January 3. We haven't set the exact date for going to Universal yet. Should we be worried about getting into Harry Potter? That is the only reason we are going to Universal.

8. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Those days will be extremely crowded. If you go, be there at park open and go straight to WWoHP, then do not leave the area until you've done everything you care to.

9. bugaler

bugaler Earning My Ears

Thanks that was what I was thinking we would have to do. :(

10. gleecker

gleecker Earning My Ears

Hi I have many questions I hope you can help me!

I'm having a road trip in the USA and I'm planning to go to Florida in May 2013 especially to visit the Wizarding World.. Can't miss it for my life
    -Is the place crowded this time of year? And how long will I be spending in queues approx.?
    -If I'm thinking of spending a whole day at Universal Orlando, will I have time for the other rides that aren't in WWoHP, or can I spend my whole day there? 'Cause to be honest, 1 roller coaster is not enough for me =)
    -Honestly now, I'd like to try the butterbeer, the pumpkin juice, the ice-cream.. But are they actually good?? I'd rather never know then be disappointed.. And waste my money on it (I'm just 19 and this is a trip with 2 friends, I'm not rich :rolleyes: )
    -The ride inside the castle, I understood you can walk the whole thing or take a ride, what's the difference? Will I miss some of the castle if I go on the ride? What's more fun to do?

That's it for now but I'll be coming back for more, thanks in advance!!

11. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

you won't need an entire park day just to do parry hotter section.
    not that much there to take 8 hours to cover, crowded or not.

if you go in May, go during the week.
    avoid fridays as many school groups do attend that day.

butterbeer, pumpkin juice, etc. ........depends on the person.
    i'm not found of regular bb or the pj but others are.
    i like the frozen bb only.
    everyone likes something different.

in the regular line for fj, you do see inside the castle.
    since you plan to spend a lot of time there, do both lines to compare.

other coaster rides are spiderman, hulk that are outside the parry hotter area.
    dueling dragons/dragons challenge, and the former unicorn coaster are inside the PH area.

read at www.universalorlando.com for more information on the rides in the park.

12. gleecker

gleecker Earning My Ears

Thank you! That's very helpful :)

Do you know if there's any deal for one day in Universal Orlando and one day in Disney World? How much will it save me and if booking it early gives me an advantage?

13. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

darkside, motherland......

no discounts/deals for one day park tickets.

tickets for the darkside become cheaper if you buy a multi day pass.

14. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

How are the crowds during the President Week? Is a 9 at Disney the same as a 9 at Universal? Do you guys recommend visiting during the week still? And should I head straight to WWoHP? I'm staying at a Holiday Inn and I'm eligible for early entry, will that help?

15. lindsey

lindsey DIS Veteran

I have not ready the whole thread yet, but wanted to ask this question. I am going with my grandkids in January. I have not seen any of the movies. If I watch the first one, will that be enough to understand the theme?

16. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Yup. Better yet, read the first book!

Even if you don't know anything about Harry Potter, it is basically just fantasy stuff with wizards and dragons and magic wands.

17. Hostess

Hostess Earning My Ears

Hi. I am trying to locate the direct phone number for Three Broomsticks. Does anyone have it? Thank you.

18. damo

damo Proud Redhead

There is a direct phone number for Three Broomsticks?

19. MIChessGuy

MIChessGuy Proud, But Not a Redhead

There is if you BELIEVE there is ..... :wizard:

20. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

no direct number i am aware of.

i googled it and only recieved different guest services numbers.

21. mso

mso Earning My Ears

I know this is a question everyone has asked, so I figure I'll join the club.

I am going to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios on Sunday (jan 27) and Monday (Jan 28).

Which day is likely to be less busy for WWOHP? I'm assuming the monday but I thought I'd check. Also, is there a better time to go to avoid the crowds (early in the AM or early evening)?

Also generally what are the crowds at both places like during that last week of January??

Thanks!!! :)