Harry Potter Land?

Is this suppose to open in 2010? Anyone have any info. on what's going to be there?
No updates have been released by Universal so it's anyone's guess. I'm thinking it will open sometime in the summer but that's just a guess.

Have they even broken ground on it?

I won tickets in that superbowl contest and was looking forward to HP-so much for that! Was hoping someone here had the scoop.

Sara

I won tickets in that superbowl contest and was looking forward to HP-so much for that! Was hoping someone here had the scoop.

Sara
Oh yeah...it's been under construction for a long time. Here are a few older pics of the construction. There is plenty more going on behind the scenes.

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02241.jpg
DSC01826.jpg

DSC02240.jpg
DSC01829.jpg

Thank you! We have BG/SW passes and rarely get over by Universal. Neither of my kids like outdoor coasters, so I haven't been in a rush to go and bypass a bunch of attractions.

HP, on the other hand-they're all over that one. To give you an idea, I saw that MoM decree and thought it wasn't made by Dolores Umbridge.

Sara

Yes, it is started.

The winning ticket expires the end of this year, make sure you use it by then.

Here are a few pictures I took today...some progress but you can't really see much from the public areas:

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

My daughter loves harry potter! :wizard: Anyway, it's good to see the pictures of the current progress, thanks for posting! So it's opening soon? Maybe we can go next summer...

Have a good one!

Kelly

We are really hoping they'll get this open before MARCH 2010 cause that's when we'll be down and probably won't be able to get down there again until 2012!!!! :O

Impossible? Not according to the service rep who replied to me from Universal. Granted, she could not confirm it would be open, but she also said it was possible. Basically, the estimated time frame right now is anywhere between xmas 2009-June 30th 2010. It all depends on how constructions goes, and it looks like it's progressing beautifully ( i.e. See the alternate site where they are building coverings for the buildings, and you'll see constructions appears way more advanced than it does at first glance! )

Would it be safe to say that HP will be opened by Nov. 2010. We just became interested in the Harry Porter movies this summer. Our DS will be 9 next month and we borrowed the first 5 movies from a friend. Having a HP movie marathon this summer. We are hoping for a Universal/Sea World trip in Nov. 2010.

Thanks for all the updates-my kids(9 and 11) too have just now gotten into Harry Potter and when I told them about the theme park they went wild! If you go to www.mugglenet.com there is a link to the universal site where you can sign up for email update. I hope they will offer special promos/sweeps/etc as well as keep us informed.

Would it be safe to say that HP will be opened by Nov. 2010. We just became interested in the Harry Porter movies this summer. Our DS will be 9 next month and we borrowed the first 5 movies from a friend. Having a HP movie marathon this summer. We are hoping for a Universal/Sea World trip in Nov. 2010.
Yes...I think November 2010 is a safe bet.

would have been better if disney had done it

Why do you think this? Just curious!

I think Universal will do a wonderful job in producing the HP land at IoA. It's looking fantastic so far and I love to see all the new pictures taken. It's nice to see it developing and showing progress for next year.

P.S. I'm hoping for an opening around May 2010 or before ;) Got my fingers crossed!

would have been better if disney had done it
Whether it would have been better if Disney done it or not its a safe bet Universal will make it good if not better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter