Harry Potter Crowd Report Thread...

Eek! All this news of overcrowding is scaring me! I am headed out there on the 4th and the 5th. Do you think the crowds will die down by then?

^Oh yeah, you'll be alright. The crowds will be gone by then.

Daughter is going from the 6th through the 11th for her 21st birthday. It was really dead last time we went as a family the second week of January (about 5 years ago). I'm assuming it will be the same this year?

Hoping to take the kids for the first time on Sunday. Any oppinions on how much, if any, the crowds will have subsided by then? I know Saturday (New Years) will still be crazy, but we were hoping some of the madness would start to taper off on Sunday with people heading back home for work/school?

Hoping to take the kids for the first time on Sunday. Any oppinions on how much, if any, the crowds will have subsided by then? I know Saturday (New Years) will still be crazy, but we were hoping some of the madness would start to taper off on Sunday with people heading back home for work/school?
It should still be fairly busy on Sunday but nothing like this past week.

Daughter is going from the 6th through the 11th for her 21st birthday. It was really dead last time we went as a family the second week of January (about 5 years ago). I'm assuming it will be the same this year?

Most likely, yes.

Most likely, yes.

At Universal Today. Wizarding World of Harry Potter closed due to capacity a little after 10:30AM. Luckily we saw some of the attractions during the morning, but the stand-by line for the FJ was already 60 mins by 9:15AM.

Otherwise, neither park is that busy. Lines for Spider-man, Mummy, Hulk, ET, MIB, Simpsons were under 15 minutes this morning. Will be hitting the Hulk, HRRR later tonight as a single rider.

Had a horrible experience with the attendant at FJ. We checked the seats outside the ride and a nice Universal gentlemen helped her into the test seat, the gf got a yellow light and he indicated that the modified seat would be fine. When it came our turn to ride, the gf was rejected by the girl getting people in. She didn't push down or anything, just told her to exit. Worse, since I was already buckled in, she had to wait outside by herself. Very embarrassing for her and she was so upset that we left the Wizarding World area right after.

At Universal Today. Wizarding World of Harry Potter closed due to capacity a little after 10:30AM. Luckily we saw some of the attractions during the morning, but the stand-by line for the FJ was already 60 mins by 9:15AM.

Otherwise, neither park is that busy. Lines for Spider-man, Mummy, Hulk, ET, MIB, Simpsons were under 15 minutes this morning. Will be hitting the Hulk, HRRR later tonight as a single rider.

Had a horrible experience with the attendant at FJ. We checked the seats outside the ride and a nice Universal gentlemen helped her into the test seat, the gf got a yellow light and he indicated that the modified seat would be fine. When it came our turn to ride, the gf was rejected by the girl getting people in. She didn't push down or anything, just told her to exit. Worse, since I was already buckled in, she had to wait outside by herself. Very embarrassing for her and she was so upset that we left the Wizarding World area right after.

Did you stop by Guest Services and make a formal complaint?

Alternatively, you can write a letter. I think it would be helpful to prevent situations from happening like this again.

Did you stop by Guest Services and make a formal complaint?

Alternatively, you can write a letter. I think it would be helpful to prevent situations from happening like this again.

Thank you for your response. About the complaint... I would like to, but I don't think I want to bring up the issue anymore for my gf's sake. We had a good time at Studios and just trying to get through the rest of today at the moment.

We're planning on going to WWoHP somewhere between 2/28 and 3/3. From past experiences, will this be a good time to go or will it be super crowded? We thought it'd be better that week rather than the next which is Mardi Gras.

Also, if for some reason they close WWoHP because it reaches capacity, as long as you're already in there you're good, right?

One more question... we'll be taking a cab, as we're not staying on property. How close can a cab actually get you to the entrace to IoA?

Thank you for any help. This will be our first time at IoA, and of course WWoHP, and I'm just stressing out about being able to see everything in two days.

Also, if for some reason they close WWoHP because it reaches capacity, as long as you're already in there you're good, right?

One more question... we'll be taking a cab, as we're not staying on property. How close can a cab actually get you to the entrace to IoA?

We were there on Sunday. We live locally and I have jumped through more hoops than a circus animal to get my driver's license here. I was sooo excited.

We arrived at 8:30 for the 9:00 opening. We went straight to WWoHP. Wait for FJ was 45 minutes posted, but was likely closer to an hour.

When we got off FJ, the wait for Ollivander's was at least 90 minutes. We had heard some people saying 3 hours. Wait to get into Dervish & Banges was a reported 60 minutes. Living locally, we didn't wait, so I can't attest to what the real picture was.

As we exited at 10:45-11:00, we were warned that WWoHP was at capacity and that there would be a wait to re-enter. Reported wait time was 4 hours. Again, accurate or not, I don't know. Once you are in WWoHP, you can stay as long as you like. You could also check to find out what the wait time is to re-enter before leaving. May help you plan and prioritize.

The cabs will take you to the Guest Drop-Off area. There is an escalator that puts you right into the main "cattle shoot" coming from the parking garages. You must walk through City Walk in order to get to the IoA entrance and ticketing center. It was a 10 minute walk for us at a quick pace and avoiding the crowds on the moving walk ways. I would *highly* recommend purchasing tickets in advance or online to save yourself the wait in line when you arrive!

Good luck and have a blast!

I'm heading over on Saturday the 22nd for an after birthday WWOHP trip, we do plan to get there at rope drop, and go right to HP. Should crowds be okay this day even tho it's a saturday? I'll be in a Wheelchair also, not sure if that will be a hinder!! Thanks!

Arrived at the parking garage at 8:40 this morning. Walked quickly to IOA and lined up for Harry. We road the ride and were finished at 10:20. By 10:40 they were only letting people in with express pass and the lineup for regular ticket holders seem to to go on forever. IOA seemed to be very chaotic everywhere. I have not been to Universal in 12 years and I confess to being a Disney girl, but I was surprised by the low level of staffing, lack of line control and the general chaos. We left at noon and went to the studio side. It was better in that the crowd was less or was it the larger space in general. We will go back later in our trip and try again. Maybe today was just a busy day but I don't think so.

Nepean

Arrived this morning with crowds much larger than we anticipated. Ended up buying express passes to help fight the lines. Didn't even try wwohp until 5pm. Too crowded earlier. Never rode FJ. Even at 7pm lines were still 100 min + Headed back to US tomorrow. Maybe try FJ again

Maybe today was just a busy day but I don't think so.

Nepean

Today was unexpectedly busy. That is why they extended the hours. The closing time was changed today when the crowds exceeded projections for today.

Wow, that's intense! I guess people have extended their vacations? :confused3:confused3

I read conflicting reports here. Are fanny packs currently being allowed on the HP ride? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter