Harry Potter Crowd Report Thread...

Both parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure closed to capacity for a good portion of the day today, I'm sure both have started letting guests back in.

We just came in the door tonight at 7:15. Arrived at RPR on Sunday afternoon, decided against heading over as we had 6PM BMG tickets. Temps continued to drop like a rock. Came out of BMG and walked over to CW to catch the boat "home" too cold and windy for anything else. Monday DD13 and I got up at 6AM and hiked over for early entry to WWoHP, in and out of the ride by 7:20. Line for Olivanders was like 45 minutes already. Went in the store (back of Finches I think, no idea what the name was) and stood in line to by knitted scarves (no the Griffindor ones, just the red with yellow stripe, $35 each) gave up and exited. We were both so bundled up ( even had flannel pj pants under my jeans), swung by the CL for a bite and back in the room to thaw out by 9:30. Ventured back out around 11 for lunch, made it to Hard Rock Cafe, then back to the room. DD and I went back for the Macys parade (older DD's band was marching) then back to the room to pick up hubby (sick and hates the cold) wound up at Pat Obriens for dinner. He went back to the hotel and DD and I rode a few things at IOA. Thank heavens for FOTL! Yesterday he stayed in, she and I went to Planet Hollywood with the band for lunch. Back at the hotel by 1 and saw the closed to capacity sign at the elevators. we had to be at the Champs Bowl last night so didn't make it back. Tried this morning but the temp was 29 and the crowds were ridiculous at 9:00!

We will be in Disney but planning to head to Universal. We were there in September and we got there right away- waited for Olivander's - thank God for the ice cold butterbeer- even in the morning we were sweating- FJ seemed like the wait outside was longer than inside-can't wait to go again-loved it! Hopefully the weather isn't too bad- not as hot as it was in September and not as cold as it is here with all of this damn snow!

Went back to Universal/IOA this afternoon - arrived around 130, IOA was closed, valet parking closed, Studios was open. Very crowded, rest of family rode Rip Ride Rocket (about an hour wait), I went and rode MIB single rider - walked on first time, second had about a 15 minute wait. But could not get to lockers at all. Luckily the strap on my bag can convert it to a waist bag (though a large one)so I did that. Very long lines for all food carts.

We left about 3, got a snack in CityWalk, and went into IOA as it was back open, no wait. Did not try to get into HP, just rode a couple water rides (we remembered the ponchos).

Oy- I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow but there is no way I am going to try with these crowds!! Yikes!

I would strongly advise going to IOA in the evening during this holiday season. From 7-midnight it is not crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter