Harry Potter book!

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
..... do you or your children have one on order?

WH Smiths are throwing their doors open at midnight locally tonight - I expect it's countrywide? We were handed an invitation to the 'party' but DS says he'll be fine to collect it tomorrow!

Just as well - I think he would have started on the book straightaway = a totally sleepless night!!

I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet when he gets stuck into this :teeth: !

I have an 8-year-old who has just discovered Harry. He's had his nose in the first book for two days now. I'm so glad he's a reader. :D

Shirley Tescos Extra are selling this book from 12 midinight too.
I have not ordered a copy, hoping there will still be some left to just buy one off the shelves;)

I'll be at our local Tesco at 12.01am!

They are selling it for a good price as well - £9.97

We ordered ours in advanced from Tesco Online - just had an email to say it has been posted and to expect delivery tomorrow morning (if the postman can get it through the letter box!).

I think we paid £7.76 + postage :)

Younger dd has spoken of nothing else for weeks. We've had it on order from Amazon since February. We received the despatch notification at 5.28 this morning - I just hope Royal Mail delivers it now or life in this house won't be worth living.

I was so concerned that I might not get it if I ordered it to be delivered, that I thought I'd rather go and buy it in person!

oh dear - how sad - never mind!

sorry even sadder here....

just returned from Tescos..... plenty of books in store

hehe..........and DD has her nose in it right now

Another for the midnight collection run here !

Took DD ( 11 ) to Asda .............got there at 11.50 p.m. ....had book and in car by 12.10 a.m. Very efficiently organised by Asda staff!

Good value at £8.96.

BTW...those having it delivered Saturday morning.......I hope you have a BIG letter box or a not too early postie because the book is HUGE at 766 pages.

BTW...the character who dies is " " ....whoops must be invisible ink there !!

mike230652

Mr. Postman has just knocked me up to deliver our Harry Potter - just trying to decide whether to go back to bed - although I'm fully awake now, so looks like I will have to make DW a cup of coffee and some toast -- and then fight over who reads the book first :)

Well, I'm pleased to report that it has arrived. Dd stayed at her Dad's last night and, knowing that there was no way it would fit through the letter box, I knew I needed to be awake early this morning. We've got a particularly malevolent postman who insists on coming before 7am on a Saturday. During the week, he's never here earlier than 10.30am. :rolleyes:

My book arrived from Amazon about 1 hour ago:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: My plan WAS to keep it for my flight to Florida next week. NOW my plan is to read one chapter a day and finish it on the flight.

I have just come back from Safeway with a copy:):):)...I think I will start and read it today;)

2 Copies in this house!!!!

The amazing thing is that we have a good size book shop locally, so i thought i would do the decent thing and give them my custom, holiday town and all that, they are selling it at £13.99!!!!!!!!!!, now I know smaller buisness's have to make money but this is amazing!!!!, 300 yards down the road, woolworths £9.99!!!.

Jules

Alison went to Tesco at midnight topick up a copy - she's halfway through already! - LOL

I lost the argument about who is to read the book first :(

DW snatched it off me this morning. I may nip out and get my own copy later :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter