Harry Potter at Universal Hollywood to open April 7 , 2016

Are you saying that the parks may be less crowded during the summer? Sounds good to me.

We are going to DL for Dapper Days the last week of April. I`m hoping that this will draw away crowds. This was on my wish list , along with hoping they have FP+ at DL by then.

Might have to check it out when we are in DL next summer. If only I can convince DD who is not a Harry Potter fan. LOL

We were plaining on going as we will be there from April 12th to 19th.. but really cant even begin to imagine the crowds... will wait a year or two I think .. thanks for posting the date. pixiedust:

Are you saying that the parks may be less crowded during the summer? Sounds good to me.

I would say could make the parks even busier as people who come for that are going to want to go to DL as well!

Change the thread title to Will HP affect DL attendance when it opens April 7 ,2016 ?

How many tourists will exchange a day at DL for a day at HP ?

Last edited:
We were plaining on going as we will be there from April 12th to 19th.. but really cant even begin to imagine the crowds... will wait a year or two I think .. thanks for posting the date. pixiedust:
We went the April after the summer opening in Florida. It was insanity. We got there first thing in the morning and were marched there at a pace much too rapid for us. Then if you left, you had to wait hours to get back in. It was awful. But we will be at the Cali one in February! I haven't learned my lesson.

So...who's going opening day?!? I know it's not really related to the previous conversation much, but I'm trying to gauge how crowded it will be so I can plan accordingly. Is this going to be like Disneyland's 24 hour day 2015 where I should plan on lining up 12-24 hours in advance, or will it be more like just a really crowded day at Universal? I know Universal doesn't have the same following that DL does, but HP is pretty huge. Anyone know what the opening was like at Universal Orlando?

How many tourists will exchange a day at DL for a day at HP ?
We always have a day to do another park and a day off on our Disney trips.. if they had of opened two years ago we would be doing this next trip.. but seeing thats its opening year.. yeah we will wait.. its not going anywhere..

So...who's going opening day?!? I know it's not really related to the previous conversation much, but I'm trying to gauge how crowded it will be so I can plan accordingly. Is this going to be like Disneyland's 24 hour day 2015 where I should plan on lining up 12-24 hours in advance, or will it be more like just a really crowded day at Universal? I know Universal doesn't have the same following that DL does, but HP is pretty huge. Anyone know what the opening was like at Universal Orlando?

54408252.jpg

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/...er-and-the-endless-line-at-universal-orlando/

We are giving it a year and a half after opening before we visit. We are planning to do a couple days at DLR for Halloween (2017) and then do a day at Universal. I'm hoping by then the crowds won't be too too crazy *knock on wood* and they will have all the kinks worked out. I'm really excited about it though, and am looking forward to trip reports about it so we can all plan accordingly!

oh! we're actually planning to be in DLR at that time! I'd love to see HP but no way I'm trying this trip. Hopefully it will pull some crowds away from DL that week.

If anything I think it may increase attendance at the Disney parks as it makes So Cal a stronger theme park destination. However, SeaWorld will likely be hurt because people who would normally choose to visit San Diego will opt to visit Universal instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter